2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed Order for Pinnacle AWD Fathom Blue on 2/27/2021

As of 8/27/2021 our status was D.
My salesperson actually sent me screen shots so I know that’s true.

Yesterday she said the code read something super bizarre so she put in a call to Chrysler to find out what’s up. The code read “OUT”.
She didn’t call me back yesterday and I know she’s out for a week due to a medical procedure. So it’s not like I wanna blow up her phone (I have her cell, it’s how we communicate).

So I asked my FIL who used to work with Chrysler and he asked a sales buddy. He called me back and said sit down. So it was bad news. He said the code means build out and that’s bc the 2021 models are no longer gonna be made and orders don’t just automatically transfer to 2022 models the dealer has to initiate a reorder!!! So you start all over again…I’m rightfully ticked off and confused and then he says his buddy can look down in FL and see if he can get us something we want….hmmmm

However I’ve been researching and reading and seemingly once an order reaches D status its rarely cancelled.

I called Chrysler Customer Service and they gave me the whole spiel about its being built yada yada yada. So I told the CSR we are getting conflicting information and were told our order was cancelled and that we are pretty frustrated given we had wait nearly 7 months now. She said she would escalate the inquiry and someone will call me back in 24-48 hours. We will see if that actually happens.

So who do I believe? Do I get my deposit back and just look for something else or hang on to my Durango till this nonsense calms down?

Is OUR salesperson stringing us along (she also sold us our Durango in 2014 and we liked her and well trusted her, but is she being honest)?

Is my FIL’s sales buddy just trying to get us to travel to FL (we are in Northern VA-Washington DC area) so he can make a sale?

Was my FIL confused?

These are the Days of Our Pacifica Wait Lives…

Any insight is welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
A order can get canceled or pulled at anytime time . It can be pulled even if the parts are all available ans the body has been framed and painted . So it’s not a unique situation really . D really means nothing more than it could be scheduled to be built and parts are available . Dealerships just skim the surface to what really happens in the manufacturing processes . Hope this helps you

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
656 Posts
Why not just wait until the 48 hours Chrysler Customer Service said they would call back and let us know what they say then? And yes, hang on to your Durango.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
When there is a discrepancy, what your dealership tells you is true, and more up to date. Unfortunately that is the reality and runs contrary to common sense. Whatever the Chrysler spokes person/ internet info provided to you is usually a few days older information. I was told about this when buying my car, and I didn’t believe it initially, but was proven to be correct. If you don’t believe me, wait a few days and you’ll realize that what your dealership told you was the real deal. I believe they use a different system for these types of communication which is updated quicker than what online / phone representatives have access to.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My order from March 2021 changed by itself to BX and states 2022. I presume your has been changed to 2022 as well. Don't have a VIN anymore just a VON. I saw with my own eyes all the dealer orders in BX code and ALL 2022s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Placed Order for Pinnacle AWD Fathom Blue on 2/27/2021

As of 8/27/2021 our status was D.
My salesperson actually sent me screen shots so I know that’s true.

Yesterday she said the code read something super bizarre so she put in a call to Chrysler to find out what’s up. The code read “OUT”.
She didn’t call me back yesterday and I know she’s out for a week due to a medical procedure. So it’s not like I wanna blow up her phone (I have her cell, it’s how we communicate).

So I asked my FIL who used to work with Chrysler and he asked a sales buddy. He called me back and said sit down. So it was bad news. He said the code means build out and that’s bc the 2021 models are no longer gonna be made and orders don’t just automatically transfer to 2022 models the dealer has to initiate a reorder!!! So you start all over again…I’m rightfully ticked off and confused and then he says his buddy can look down in FL and see if he can get us something we want….hmmmm

However I’ve been researching and reading and seemingly once an order reaches D status its rarely cancelled.

I called Chrysler Customer Service and they gave me the whole spiel about its being built yada yada yada. So I told the CSR we are getting conflicting information and were told our order was cancelled and that we are pretty frustrated given we had wait nearly 7 months now. She said she would escalate the inquiry and someone will call me back in 24-48 hours. We will see if that actually happens.

So who do I believe? Do I get my deposit back and just look for something else or hang on to my Durango till this nonsense calms down?

Is OUR salesperson stringing us along (she also sold us our Durango in 2014 and we liked her and well trusted her, but is she being honest)?

Is my FIL’s sales buddy just trying to get us to travel to FL (we are in Northern VA-Washington DC area) so he can make a sale?

Was my FIL confused?

These are the Days of Our Pacifica Wait Lives…

Any insight is welcome. Thanks in advance.
We ordered an S in March, just arrived last week. Our dealer said factory **** down again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We ordered an S in March, just arrived last week. Our dealer said factory **** down again.
So I'm guessing that if I order a Pinnacle Hybrid this week we will certainly be looking at 2022 :) . These dealers all have a different story.

·
Registered
78 Posts
All remaining '21 orders have or will be converted to '22, all new orders are now '22
And yes, the factory is down again this week and next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All remaining '21 orders have or will be converted to '22, all new orders are now '22
And yes, the factory is down again this week and next week.
I've spoken with a lot of dealers trying to work the Costco auto program and most are running the quotes as 2022. However a lot are still producing sheets for 2021's. Talk about a disconnect, its ridiculous!

I'll order a 2022 at FWP pricing but will need to buy out of state which I didn't want to do but will most likely this week. Can get this pricing where I'm located which is somewhat of a surprise.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
So I'm guessing that if I order a Pinnacle Hybrid this week we will certainly be looking at 2022 :) . These dealers all have a different story.
Dealers , okay not all but a vast majority, will tell you anything to get a deal or a deposit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dealers , okay not all but a vast majority, will tell you anything to get a deal or a deposit
Ordered out of state today form one that seemed honest and replied and fast to all my question. Might not have gotten the best price but they did go with invoice or FWP. Plus we can wait it out so hopefully not too long into 2022.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Ordered out of state today form one that seemed honest and replied and fast to all my question. Might not have gotten the best price but they did go with invoice or FWP. Plus we can wait it out so hopefully not too long into 2022.
Did you get a von with your order ?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Getting the VIN usually accompanies a D status. Maybe two weeks to turn into a D1. D1 is supposed to be about two weeks from assembly. With it all open for a week and closed for a week the D status be there for a long time. I've had D status orders get updated past D1 and are actually getting built. Nobody updated the status of the order.

There may be a website where you can enter your VIN every few days and see if the Window sticker loads rather than reporting that VIN isn't valid. Others and I have posted those before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts