2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a Pacifica to carry all my gear. I’m single and I really don’t need the seats. I stowed them at the dealership and I haven’t see them sense. Yes, from time to time I have passengers, and I’m wondering if anyone makes a roll up floor mat that runs from just behind the front seats to the tailgate?

If not, should I just get all the mats that Weathertech makes?
That's funny, I'm 68 and my kids are grown and I use my Pacifica with all the seats down to carry my model RC airplanes.... I was wondering the same thing. Weathertech doesn't make what we're looking for and not sure if they are available anywhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's funny, I'm 68 and my kids are grown and I use my Pacifica with all the seats down to carry my model RC airplanes.... I was wondering the same thing. Weathertech doesn't make what we're looking for and not sure if they are available anywhere.
AlanB I also haul my RC airplanes in my Pacifica and haven’t figured out a good way to carry my wings. I use a piece of carpet on the floor and either lay the wings down or slide between the seatbelts and side panel. In my old Town and Country I had PVC pipe that fit the cup holders on each side that held a padded board the same height as a padded board across the window edge in the rear. I could carry five fuselages and wings on that rack when we went racing with flight boxes, coolers and chairs on the floor. I donated that rack to another member that had a T&C.
Have you figured out a good wing rack?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lowe’s and Home Depot carry vinyl sheet that designed to be cut for a garage or work shop that would work great. I also like the other post about carrying RC airplanes around. That was a consideration when we bought it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought a Pacifica to carry all my gear. I’m single and I really don’t need the seats. I stowed them at the dealership and I haven’t see them sense. Yes, from time to time I have passengers, and I’m wondering if anyone makes a roll up floor mat that runs from just behind the front seats to the tailgate?

I'm in a similar situation. I bought a roll of flooring from someplace like Pep boys that works great. You can also find a wide variety of things that you can buy in your desired length at Home stores. This can be carpet-like stuff or water repellant stuff depending on your need.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have performance dogs and am looking for a better mat option than the Weather Tech mats my husband bought. Yes, a piece of carpet, rubber flooring, or rubber yoga mats would work but I'm looking for more padding as I often have to crawl around inside the van while at events. The 4Knines mats look great but the 106" length which includes the 20" bumper cover is a bit too short for the Pacifica. I found this option from a company called Plush Paws. The cut is more generic than 4Knine but the the extra length, 120" including the 20" bumper cover, gets you an additional 14" of padded area and the PP mat is 10" wider. Of course, all of this extra also gets you an 'extra' price; $179 with free shipping.

1609034808578.png

Amazon.com: Plush Paws Waterproof Cargo Liner with Bumper and Side Panels, Extra Large (Grey) - USA Based: Automotive

·
Registered
Pacifica 2017 Touring L Plus Trailer Tow
1 Posts

I looked into WeatherTech too but found nothing that would work. But the one you got from Amazon should work. The price looks right too.
What I did was use the weathertech cargo mat from a 2007 Dodge Caravan (small bit of trimming), it goes up to the back of the second row seats and for the whole thing Costco sells a garage floor liner grey vinyl roll that can be cut to shape,very tough barely scratches with the heaviest stuff loaded, unloaded.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I purchased the Plush Paws XL liner. First impression is that it is well made with thought and quality materials. I test fit it to my Pacifica with all seats stowed and with only the third row stowed. It's not an exact fit but I think it's a better fit than the 4Knine. Specifically, the padded portion covers the entire length of the cargo area when all the seats are stowed and the 20" un-padded bumper protector covers the bumper nicely. I have included some photos of my fit test. While I was shooting these pictures, my very practical neighbor comes over and after I explained what I was doing says; "You could've just bought a tarp from Harbor Freight."

IMG_1638.JPG

This picture is showing all of the straps. There are two zippers; one for the opening between the 2nd row seats and one that allows for the removal of the 2nd row seat back protector.

IMG_1618.JPG

Installation with all of the back seats stowed.

IMG_1623.JPG

Installation with only the 3rd row seats stowed, 2nd row seat back protector in place, and center pass through removed. Note the lower deck in the Pacifica makes the seat back protector too short for an exact fit and the deck length is also a bit short.

3rd row seats stowed, seat back protector removed. The liner is still a bit too long. The bottom image is the loop under the 2nd row seats that I used to secure the liner with the straps provided.

In conclusion, the XL Plush Paws protector/cargo liner seems to be well made with quality materials and is intended to be used in large SUVs but seems to be an adequate fit for the Pacifica. At $179, it won't appeal to the more frugal Pacifica owners. As far as wear and tear... I'll find out this spring when I start hauling dogs and equipment to events.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Granite AWD Launch Edition
141 Posts
I purchased the Plush Paws XL liner. First impression is that it is well made with thought and quality materials. I test fit it to my Pacifica with all seats stowed and with only the third row stowed. It's not an exact fit but I think it's a better fit than the 4Knine. Specifically, the padded portion covers the entire length of the cargo area when all the seats are stowed and the 20" un-padded bumper protector covers the bumper nicely. I have included some photos of my fit test. While I was shooting these pictures, my very practical neighbor comes over and after I explained what I was doing says; "You could've just bought a tarp from Harbor Freight."

View attachment 45167
This picture is showing all of the straps. There are two zippers; one for the opening between the 2nd row seats and one that allows for the removal of the 2nd row seat back protector.

View attachment 45168
Installation with all of the back seats stowed.

View attachment 45169

View attachment 45170

Installation with only the 3rd row seats stowed, 2nd row seat back protector in place, and center pass through removed. Note the lower deck in the Pacifica makes the seat back protector too short for an exact fit and the deck length is also a bit short.

View attachment 45171

View attachment 45172

View attachment 45173

3rd row seats stowed, seat back protector removed. The liner is still a bit too long. The bottom image is the loop under the 2nd row seats that I used to secure the liner with the straps provided.

In conclusion, the XL Plush Paws protector/cargo liner seems to be well made with quality materials and is intended to be used in large SUVs but seems to be an adequate fit for the Pacifica. At $179, it won't appeal to the more frugal Pacifica owners. As far as wear and tear... I'll find out this spring when I start hauling dogs and equipment to events.
Great pics and descriptions!

A question - you said (previously) that you're looking for more padding than carpet or yoga mats would provide.
Does "this cargo liner" have the thicker padding you're after?
(From your pics it's hard to tell... but it doesn't seem to be more "cushioned" than carpet or a thick yoga mat.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great pics and descriptions!

A question - you said (previously) that you're looking for more padding than carpet or yoga mats would provide.
Does "this cargo liner" have the thicker padding you're after?
(From your pics it's hard to tell... but it doesn't seem to be more "cushioned" than carpet or a thick yoga mat.)
The padding is what I had hoped for. I crawled around inside my van while setting up the photos and my knees didn't hurt. I would describe the padding as similar to the furniture packing pads but a little less dense. Yoga mats offer a level of cushion but don't hold up to sharp objects, like dog claws. Indoor/outdoor carpet is better protection for hard use but definitely lacks the padding.

I suspect the material used in this Plush Paws pad is the same material used in the 4Knine pad after looking at reviews and pictures of both.

Reactions: GregMej
21 - 32 of 32 Posts