2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a rental 2017 Touring L six months ago and have absolutely loved it. In fact it's been the best family vehicle we've ever owned.
We are a convert from the SUV world. We've had Land Rover, Lexus, Honda, and GMC. We had the white with dark interior 7 passenger Pacifica but are expecting another addition to the family so upgrading to the 8 passenger was a must.
We put about 50k miles on the first one, which we just traded in for our second Touring L with only 14k miles. This model is the exact same color in and out as the last but has ESS, which I have always hated since I've tried it on rental cars. I have spent some time reading through the forum here on ESS and am going to give it a try over the next couple weeks before deciding on whether to buy the Smart StartStop plug-in or not.
I changed all the front bulbs (low beams, high beams/DRL, fog lights) with LEDs, which I worked out what brands worked best on the last van. Overall, I am very happy with the Pacifica and am looking forward to the many trips we have planned in it this year.
I plan on trading this in in a couple years for 2018 or 2019 Limited, especially before the factory warranty is up. I hope Chrysler keeps up the great work, as I have noticed, they have made some pretty big waves in the automotive pool. Most of the folks around this area are Odyssey owners but I have noticed a good chunk have left Honda land for the Pacifica. It's arguably the best bang for your buck, especially with how well equipped it is and how great it looks!

Cheers,
Jared

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you love the Touring L you will absolutely love the Limited.
BTW, I think you are the first on this site to trade in a Pacifica for another...but I could be wrong!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you love the Touring L you will absolutely love the Limited.
BTW, I think you are the first on this site to trade in a Pacifica for another...but I could be wrong!
Enjoy!
We were trying to get a Touring but the very few we could find, were way out on the east coast so shipping them would have added a good chunk to the price tag. Our dealer found this new one at such a good price, it was hard to pass up, especially with the low mileage. I figure we'll get 20-25k miles over the next two years then we will be ready to trade it in. By then, we should hopefully be able to find Limited 8 passengers more easily. Also, found out she was built June 13, 2017 @ 7AM. Now we can celebrate birthdays! :grin2:

Cheers,
Jared

·
Registered
83 Posts
We put about 50k miles on the first one

Cheers,
Jared
Wow... in 6 months? Am I reading that correctly? Enjoy your upgrade and congrats on the new addition!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow... in 6 months? Am I reading that correctly? Enjoy your upgrade and congrats on the new addition!!
Well, I should correct myself and say we put about 18k on it in 6 months...it had higher mileage when we picked it up. We did a lot of trips on the first one, especially since it was much more comfortable and roomy than the Honda Pilot it replaced!

Cheers,
Jared

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my 2017 Touring one year ago. So far it has been trouble free and I do like it. I guess I should drive it more since I only have 5950 miles on it. The reason for the low miles is that the Pacifica is my winter car. Now that summer is here, I drive my 370Z more.

·
Registered
237 Posts
We were trying to get a Touring but the very few we could find, were way out on the east coast so shipping them would have added a good chunk to the price tag. Our dealer found this new one at such a good price, it was hard to pass up, especially with the low mileage. I figure we'll get 20-25k miles over the next two years then we will be ready to trade it in. By then, we should hopefully be able to find Limited 8 passengers more easily. Also, found out she was built June 13, 2017 @ 7AM. Now we can celebrate birthdays! :grin2:

Cheers,
Jared
May I ask what you paid before tax and in what state?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
triggerhappy007
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing