2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
181 - 200 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Forgot to mention, I tried to disable "Slow in curves" feature, but when disabled it seems to break jvePilot. The car's cruise would get stuck at a much lower speed than I was trying to achieve. Comma screen showed correct MAX speed, but jvePilot stopped increasing the ACC speed... I mean I could keep increasing the Comma MAX up to 100MPH, but the car's ACC speed never increased.

I re-enabled "Slow in curves" and things started working again. Really the only feature I like about jvePilot is disabling the auto-off on throttle override.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Please help… nube here… I am looking at my new comma three in my new 2021 PHEV. I see “custom software”. What URL do I load to get the JVEPILOT folk to load? Just
https://github.com/j-vanetten/openpilot/releases/tag/jvePilot-0.8.9. ??
Thanks in advance for the upgrade
Forgot to mention, I tried to disable "Slow in curves" feature, but when disabled it seems to break jvePilot. The car's cruise would get stuck at a much lower speed than I was trying to achieve. Comma screen showed correct MAX speed, but jvePilot stopped increasing the ACC speed... I mean I could keep increasing the Comma MAX up to 100MPH, but the car's ACC speed never increased.

I re-enabled "Slow in curves" and things started working again. Really the only feature I like about jvePilot is disabling the auto-off on throttle override.
That might be related to the ACC bug when using stock OpenPilot 0.8.10. If you use stock openpilot you immediately get FCW / ACC warnings. Even basic Cruise Control is broken.

As mentioned, you should be able to install older versions using my forked links here (note I haven't tested if the Comma Installer accepts these links, but I will test later tonight):

Code:
https://smiskol.com/fork/jnadke/jvePilot-0.8.9
Code:
https://smiskol.com/fork/jnadke/jvePilot-0.8.8
Code:
https://smiskol.com/fork/jnadke/jvePilot-0.8.7

Reactions: Dsgnai

·
Registered
Pacifica 2018 Touring +
732 Posts
About Speed Ratio: I want to be sure that I understood this parameter well. If I set it to 0.8 I should see the car slowing down 20% in curves, correct?
What would be the recommended value if I want the car behave in a human like way or natural handling the curves? I have noticed any slow down when Speed Ratio=1

·
Registered
504 Posts
About Speed Ratio: I want to be sure that I understood this parameter well. If I set it to 0.8 I should see the car slowing down 20% in curves, correct?
What would be the recommended value if I want the car behave in a human like way or natural handling the curves? I have noticed any slow down when Speed Ratio=1
I haven't messed with the number much.

0.8.7 was the last version that really slowed down for curves for me. 0.8.8 and 0.8.9 don't slow down that much.

0.8.7 was weird. It looked like it was slowing down a lot but really it was tricking the ACC system. It would suddenly drop 10mph off the ACC set speed to get the car to slow down and then begin to work its way back up. Worked well though.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If anyone is interested, Comma devices are $200/$100 off for a Comma 3 / 2 this week for Black Friday.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I updated to jvePilot v0.8.10. Driving around time, I don't think I had a single issue, everything working well and no LKAS faults.

Until my 1,000 mile trip home of course, things started off well but I kept getting an error of "Vehicle identification parameter failed"
Seemed to be software related because openPilot would continue working for several more seconds until it just disabled itself. Doing some searching, looks like there are certain valid ranges of various parameters for your vehicle, and something may be out of bounds so it disables itself.

It was pretty gusty that day, and I noticed several times it would do it right as I passed the front end of a semi truck... 2nd half of trip went just fine. I don't think I have received a single LKAS fault since I updated to jvePilot v0.8.10.

Anyway to disable this check? Everything was working well until this internal check disables itself.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I updated to jvePilot v0.8.10. Driving around time, I don't think I had a single issue, everything working well and no LKAS faults.

Until my 1,000 mile trip home of course, things started off well but I kept getting an error of "Vehicle identification parameter failed"
Seemed to be software related because openPilot would continue working for several more seconds until it just disabled itself. Doing some searching, looks like there are certain valid ranges of various parameters for your vehicle, and something may be out of bounds so it disables itself.

It was pretty gusty that day, and I noticed several times it would do it right as I passed the front end of a semi truck... 2nd half of trip went just fine. I don't think I have received a single LKAS fault since I updated to jvePilot v0.8.10.

Anyway to disable this check? Everything was working well until this internal check disables itself.
There's no real check to disable. That message is a fundamental message to detect what car make/model the Comma device is connected to. It needs it so it knows your vehicles torque limit as well as capabilities (how to read the RADAR ACC messages, etc).

Honestly, you have so many problems I think your issues are hardware related somewhere. Either USB cable or the ethernet cable to the ODB or your car harness maybe loose or loose wire. Possibly maybe even warranty your C2.

Yeah, jvePilot 0.8.10 did work for me, just the LKAS faults are random. They are more prevalent on 0.8.10 from other users that didn't get the faults on previous versions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been using the C3 in my 2021 PHEV on Dallas freeways under construction, heavy traffic and varied conditions with no alerts or issues. I am on the latest jvePilot.
My only complaints are it needs a little steering help on the quick curves, thanksFiat. It also tracks about 2 ft right. I suspect this is an alignment issue. Any hints out there how to manually calibrate/bias what it thinks is lane center?

·
Registered
1 Posts
When searching the comma website for compatibility, one of the questions is whether or not the car has a built in camera for ACC (see pic). I'm looking to use this on a borrowed (non-hybrid) 2021 Pacifica. The owner says it has the adaptive CC but that the camera is in the bumper.

Can someone confirm this? Or perhaps show me a picture of what the required camera looks like?

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper Font

·
Super Moderator
1,050 Posts
I have been using the C3 in my 2021 PHEV on Dallas freeways under construction, heavy traffic and varied conditions with no alerts or issues. I am on the latest jvePilot.
My only complaints are it needs a little steering help on the quick curves, thanksFiat. It also tracks about 2 ft right. I suspect this is an alignment issue. Any hints out there how to manually calibrate/bias what it thinks is lane center?
I think that has to do with placement of the comma device more than anything else??? Not 100% sure though. I was OG comma 1 and there's been a lot of advancements since.

·
Registered
504 Posts
When searching the comma website for compatibility, one of the questions is whether or not the car has a built in camera for ACC (see pic). I'm looking to use this on a borrowed (non-hybrid) 2021 Pacifica. The owner says it has the adaptive CC but that the camera is in the bumper.
If the vehicle has Adaptive (Radar) Cruise Control then it supports OpenPilot.

Chrysler doesn't sell Adaptive Cruise Control without the lane-keep camera system.

Further, on 2021 Pacificas the lane-keep camera system is standard equipment. That is not the case on 2021 Voyagers IIRC.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Mine more or less tracks the center of the lane.

jvePilot does have an offset parameter in the settings menu. You have to click on jvepilot settings.

You can manually introduce a device offset to move the car over in the lane.

When you adhere the mount on the windshield, it should be directly below where the rear-view mount attaches. If you attach the mount below the lane-keep camera, that is not the windshield center and your vehicle will not drive center in the lane.

I don't have the device in front of me, but I think in the settings under calibration you can go see what the internal Comma OpenPilot calibration routine detected for how your device is rotated. If it is extreme that can affect how your vehicle drives as well. You generally want it to be less than 5 degrees. You can try clicking Clear Calibration and have the device re-calibrate and see if that fixes the issue.

Otherwise you might want to remove the mount and use your 2nd mount and re-mount. When I attach the mount to the windshield, I do it while attached to the device to help eyeball that it is level. After sticking it on I remove the device to let the adhesive cure.

·
Registered
504 Posts
For the record, I upgraded to 0.8.11 finally (jvePilot. I don't seem to have issues like I did in 0.8.10.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
For the record, I upgraded to 0.8.11 finally (jvePilot. I don't seem to have issues like I did in 0.8.10.
I know I am way late to this party, but the comma.ai offering is intriguing. However, I have a dashcam that I really like that has a parking mode feature where it will record happenings while parked. I have poked around a little but haven't found a definitive answer: what dashcam functionality does the comma system have?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I know I am way late to this party, but the comma.ai offering is intriguing. However, I have a dashcam that I really like that has a parking mode feature where it will record happenings while parked. I have poked around a little but haven't found a definitive answer: what dashcam functionality does the comma system have?
Comma records everything it sees to internal memory BUT Comma doesn't intend this as a dashcam.

Meaning in an accident they will help you retrieve it but they won't take blame if it doesn't record.

You can SSH into the device and download the most recent clips at any time.

The Comma also uploads all the dashcam to their server (for their own training purposes) and you can access it for 2 days on the free plan before it gets deleted. The data only uploads over wifi, so in an accident you wouldn't be able to get the data until you bring the device home and plug it in to upload.

Tl;Dr:. It can function as a dashcam of sorts, but it's not meant for that task.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
OK, fair enough. Thanks for the detailed answer.

Am I understanding you that in routine use, you would disconnect it daily and bring it inside to do the upload if you don't have a strong enough signal in your driveway?

If you have in-car wifi, then would it upload in real time if it were connected?

181 - 200 of 212 Posts