2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
897 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Did you get an answer? I'm having the same problem.

No the service guy simply have the proverbial shrug over the phone and said, "guess I'll have to replace the latch mechanism."

·
Registered
897 Posts
Update to my post 39 -- one of the software updates must have changed something. No honk on passenger side when opened after normal locking. Will have to get around to passive lock. Tailgate still honks.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have had the same issue with the alarm sounding when opening the lift gate. However, I have recently discovered that the reason why the alarm goes off is because the van is NOT LOCKED! The front four doors are, but the lift gate is not. I took it to the service dept. to have it looked at and when we did the final check this is what happened. We locked the van from the service writers desk and walked to my van which is about 50 feet away, I grabbed the lift gate handle to try and open it, and guess what happened. The lift gate opened and sounded the alarm! They are currently in contact with Chrysler Tech Support to try and figure this out. I will update this post when I hear something. I suggest anyone having these issues to perform the no key fob test to see if it will open.
50ft is apparently within the range of the Fob and saying the doors are not locked because a friend is holding the key as you approach may be a faulty test to determine this.

According to the 2018 hybrid owners manual pg38 the door functions are available upto a distance of 66ft. Pg49 indicates the remote start button of the remote works upto a range of 328ft.

This seems to indicate that pressing the button has a maximum range of 328ft and the keyless entry works upto a range of 66ft and is supported by the statement that having your phone cover the fob may prevent the vehicle from finding the key.

This seems to align with the reports on this forum that the doors are not actually locked when locked, because of the methods reported for testing the system.

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
50ft is apparently within the range of the Fob and saying the doors are not locked because a friend is holding the key as you approach may be a faulty test to determine this.

According to the 2018 hybrid owners manual pg38 the door functions are available upto a distance of 66ft. Pg49 indicates the remote start button of the remote works upto a range of 328ft.

This seems to indicate that pressing the button has a maximum range of 328ft and the keyless entry works upto a range of 66ft and is supported by the statement that having your phone cover the fob may prevent the vehicle from finding the key.

This seems to align with the reports on this forum that the doors are not actually locked when locked, because of the methods reported for testing the system.
I think the 66 feet is for a button press on the fob, not the (passive) unlock when you put your handle on the inside of the handle or the hands-free kick. Per the 2017 OM, page 38 "With a valid key fob within 5 ft (1.5 m) of the driver’s door handle, grab the driver’s front door handle to unlock the drivers side doors (driver/sliding door) automatically. The interior door panel rocker knob will rotate when the door is unlocked." (my emphasis)

There are discussion on various threads is whether the fob is detected at further distances and either allows the van to be started (but not unlocked) and/or drain the the battery with increased pinging when the distances are 10-25 feet or so.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

I think the 66 feet is for a button press on the fob, not the (passive) unlock when you put your handle on the inside of the handle or the hands-free kick. Per the 2017 OM, page 38 "With a valid key fob within 5 ft (1.5 m) of the driver’s door handle, grab the driver’s front door handle to unlock the drivers side doors (driver/sliding door) automatically. The interior door panel rocker knob will rotate when the door is unlocked." (my emphasis)

There are discussion on various threads is whether the fob is detected at further distances and either allows the van to be started (but not unlocked) and/or drain the the battery with increased pinging when the distances are 10-25 feet or so.
I see. Searched "Keyless entry" and your correct.

This is the norm established by european brands, but chrsyler has shown us they take something we understand an put their own special spin on it. And who holds a cellphone covering a fob while pressing the buttons?..

I have never had a problem with mine, its locked when I dont have my keys and its not when I do as it should be..

Oh well. Just cam across it today and thought i had something.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead.

1 year of ownership and never had this happen.

Took the van in for it's 1 year / 1st service on Friday. Got the U73 recall done. This happened to me today.

I tried to open the hatch from the remote. The lights flashed, I heard the beeping, but the hatch didn't open and heard it click back closed. By then I was at the van, key in pocked, cell phone in the house. Hit the trunk button by hand and the alarm went ablaze. Scrambled to get it turned off.

Hopefully just a glitch. Just a weird coincidence it happens the day after it's in for service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the same issue with the alarm sounding when opening the lift gate. However, I have recently discovered that the reason why the alarm goes off is because the van is NOT LOCKED! The front four doors are, but the lift gate is not. I took it to the service dept. to have it looked at and when we did the final check this is what happened. We locked the van from the service writers desk and walked to my van which is about 50 feet away, I grabbed the lift gate handle to try and open it, and guess what happened. The lift gate opened and sounded the alarm! They are currently in contact with Chrysler Tech Support to try and figure this out. I will update this post when I hear something. I suggest anyone having these issues to perform the no key fob test to see if it will open.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
This happened to me too. I had my alarm go off and the lift gate open.
This is a specific software update. Your service department can fix it. It was one of the very few glitches that happened to me, but all is well now.

·
Registered
594 Posts
This is a specific software update. Your service department can fix it. It was one of the very few glitches that happened to me, but all is well now.
Do you have a TSB number we can reference? I can’t find anything about this software update

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Do you have a TSB number we can reference? I can’t find anything about this software update
I had this done in January this year. The service record item is as follows:

CUSTOMER STATES WHEN OPEN HATCH WITH DOORS LOCKED
ALARM WILL GO OFF
CODE B197500
PROGRAMMED MODULE

There is no other information, but it is fixed. Specifically, the alarm only went off if the vehicle was locked and I had the fob in my pocket, which should allow opening the hatch. If I unlocked the doors first, then I could open the hatch without sounding the alarm.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts