2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Looks like a buggy software developed by an enthusiast. Why in the world would you try to place yourself, your family’s and others road users safety on an untested and potentially dangerous software. Most likely it’ll void your related warranty as well if Chrysler finds out about it. Guys this is not a video game. Over two tons of mass with live people inside hurtling over 70mph and you want to rely on that software? Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That’s pretty backward thinking.

There are lots of level 2/3 autonomous cars already out there. Definitely better than a lot of drivers for specific use cases.

You think trusting people to drive is safe then go to any ER and see how many accident victims come in each day. I think we will see a huge reduction in MVAs when more cars have some level of autonomy.

Now... is there anyone that actually has seen it or used it that has input?

·
Registered
50 Posts
That’s pretty backward thinking.

There are lots of level 2 autonomous cars already out there. Definitely better than most drivers for specific use cases.

Now... is there anyone that actually has seen it or used it that has input?
Colleague of mine has driven thousands of miles with OpenPilot on his Tesla and raves about it. But yeah, the thought of putting life of yourself and family in the hands of something like this seems risky.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All of these systems require an attentive driver. If you turn it on and then ignore the road you are asking for an accident.

As far as I can tell openpilot will shut off if it sees you looking away from the road.

I have used Tesla autopilot and it’s great for the highway as well. Makes driving less tiring. And a more awake driver is always safer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts