2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a used Pachy and would appreciate opinions on this deal.

2018 Hybrid Limited
Miles: 4,864
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Wheels: 18' x 7.5' Polished Aluminum
Tri-Pane Sunroof
Harman/Kardon Stereo

Not sure if there are any other options that affect the price. They have a lot of things listed as options that are part of the limited package.

Here are the deal details:
Price: 35,911
Govt Fee: 70
Doc Fee: 449.8
Tax: 2998.58
OTD Price: 39429.38

This quote is their first offer. So I assume there is some room for negotiating. I would appreciate any advice on what would be a good price.

Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts

2018 Hybrid Limited
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Tri-Pane Sunroof
Harman/Kardon Stereo

Not sure if there are any other options that affect the price. They have a lot of things listed as options that are part of the limited package.

This quote is their first offer. So I assume there is some room for negotiating. I would appreciate any advice on what would be a good price.

Thanks
Personally, for that price I'd look at new since it would be eligible for $7500 federal plus any state incentives. Supposedly there's really good deals on 2018s and 2019s.

Miles sounds really low, do you know its history?

·
Registered
222 Posts

2018 Hybrid Limited
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Tri-Pane Sunroof
Harman/Kardon Stereo

Thanks

On July 8, 2019, I bought a new hybrid limited platinum for $38,280.00 out the door. MSRP $49,989.00

Current auction prices for used 2019s are $30,000.00 to $33.000.00

They should go lower being used and 2018. There is no way I would take that offer being I got new for less than that. There is also a YouTuber that bought a new 2018 limited a month before I did and he paid $35,450.00 out the door.

What was the in-service date? You have already lost almost half of the 12,000 mile bumper to bumper might be out of the first year depending on the date. The three-year 36,000-mile warranty is broken into two parts and they most likely will not explain this to you. The first part of the warranty is 1 year 12,000 miles whichever comes first, then drops into the remainder 2 years 24,000-mile warranty and covers much less of the vehicle. You still have the 5 years 60,000 power train and 10 years 100,000 hybrid. This time frame still depends on the original in-service date. I would highly recommend you get a MaxCare extended warranty for it before you cross the 12,000-mile mark. I got an 8 year 125,000 mile extended warranty MSRP $4,100.00 for $2,800.00 from Hayes Jeep and did it over the phone as they are over 1500 miles from me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
When you say out the door are you including the tax credit or are you getting the tax credit on top of that?

Thanks
Out the door is what I paid for it. The tax credit is totally separate when you do your taxes. The tax credit is only good for the original owner of the vehicle (new only). When I file my 2019 taxes this next year I will submit the form and get the $7,500.00 credit. Keep in mind the $7,500.00 tax credit only reflective on how much tax you pay. If you only pay $5,000.00 in taxes that is all you will get. The remaining unused tax credit does not roll over into the next year. This is one-time credit and technically, UP TO $7,500.00 is the way it should be worded as it is based on how much you actually pay.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

·
Registered
23 Posts

2018 Hybrid Limited
Advanced SafetyTec Group
Tri-Pane Sunroof
Harman/Kardon Stereo

Thanks
Nooooo....as everyone here said, you can probably get a new 2018 limited for about the same price. Where are you located? I did some in-depth research on the 2018s available in a 500 mile radius of Indianapolis and I can point you to several limiteds at around $37-38k and touring Ls at around 33k .

·
Registered
81 Posts
On July 8, 2019, I bought a new hybrid limited platinum for $38,280.00 out the door. MSRP $49,989.00

Current auction prices for used 2019s are $30,000.00 to $33.000.00

They should go lower being used and 2018. There is no way I would take that offer being I got new for less than that. There is also a YouTuber that bought a new 2018 limited a month before I did and he paid $35,450.00 out the door.

What was the in-service date? You have already lost almost half of the 12,000 mile bumper to bumper might be out of the first year depending on the date. The three-year 36,000-mile warranty is broken into two parts and they most likely will not explain this to you. The first part of the warranty is 1 year 12,000 miles whichever comes first, then drops into the remainder 2 years 24,000-mile warranty and covers much less of the vehicle. You still have the 5 years 60,000 power train and 10 years 100,000 hybrid. This time frame still depends on the original in-service date. I would highly recommend you get a MaxCare extended warranty for it before you cross the 12,000-mile mark. I got an 8 year 125,000 mile extended warranty MSRP $4,100.00 for $2,800.00 from Hayes Jeep and did it over the phone as they are over 1500 miles from me.
$35,450.00 out the door!! That would make it $27K after tax credit. Are you sure that's OTD or the non sense some dealers do with including the fed credit in their advertised price..

·
Registered
2 Posts
$38K OTD...? Did you get the sunroof, the safetytec package, and 18" wheels, too? If so, that's an amazing deal...congrats!

·
Registered
23 Posts
$35,450.00 out the door!! That would make it $27K after tax credit. Are you sure that's OTD or the non sense some dealers do with including the fed credit in their advertised price..

If the youtuber in question is "Half Full Jay", the out the door price included the tax credit. And it was a lease and not a purchase. I messaged him to clarify because the price was too good to be true before tax credit.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks for all the inout. Going to look for a new one.
You are making the right choice. :grin2: I was going to go used, but with auction prices too close to new, I could not consider buying used with new being just a few thousand difference.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's a great price for a Limited. What state? Any rebates? Any left at that dealer? :smile2:

In your signature, you said you have a 2018. The Platinum trim was only for the 2017s and was replaced with Limited in the 2018+.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's a great price for a Limited. What state? Any rebates? Any left at that dealer? :smile2:

In your signature, you said you have a 2018. The Platinum trim was only for the 2017s and was replaced with Limited in the 2018+.
Yes, it was a great deal and very happy with it. :grin2: They only had one, and as far as I knew it was a Limited until I got the FCA "Certificate of Origin for A Vehicle" that stated, "Pacifica Limited Platinum Hybrid" Under series or model. It also says Pacifica Limited Platinum Hybrid on my Title I just got. Apparently, it is not for 2017s only or perhaps this is some special build.

See attached document. I have removed the Invoice number, VIN, and bar code from the attached file as this info is no one's business.

The story of this vehicle is, a woman in my state was looking for a 2019 hybrid and went to one of my local dealers to buy 2019 white limited advertised on their website. When she got there, they had already sold it and had nothing she wanted. They found this one at a dealer in Kansas and did a vehicle swap and had it transported to my state. She put 5000 down on June 8th to have it transported here and agreed on 42,000.00. When she got it on June 20th the dealer filled out the paperwork as being 2019 when it was 2018. She took it home and activated the Uconnect system and got an email congratulating her for buying a "New 2018 Pacifica Hybrid". The next day she went back to her bank and showed them the email and her bill of sale showing 2019. The bank considered this a fraud and put a stop payment on her final check, and she returned the vehicle that day.

Fast forward to the first week in July. I just sold my 2014 T&C $10,200.00 and now I'm shopping. I see this 2018 Pacifica Hybrid advertised on the dealer website for $38,280.00. I go there to look at it on July 6th they tell me $38,280.00 OTD firm, I did try to get it lower, but they were not having it. They are closed on Sundays. I return on July 8th with my wife to see if she likes it. We go in to buy it and they almost lost the deal. The sales manager comes in and says, "being you don't have a trade-in we have a $1000.00 no trade fee". At this point I am angry, he leaves. Wife and I discuss it. They are not getting anything from us for lying. We are leaving and he comes back and says I made a mistake that fee only applies to RAM trucks and not the Pacificas. At this point, I tell them to show me a bill of sale with the $38,280.00 to get it signed and I can get out of there. It would have been stupid for them to have tried to lose a cash deal over last-minute bait and switch tactic.

At this point, I did not know about vehicle history. Upon delivery in the parking lot, I noticed a few things that were flags. I asked them if it was used or been returned and they said no. (So they lied) When I got it home, I found the Uconnect system already activated and had someone else's information and address in the computer. I had the Pacifica take me to this address to find out what was up with this Pacifica. That is when I found out the history of this Pacifica and the woman told me everything that happened and showed me all her paperwork where they falsified the year on multiple documents to make her think she was getting 2019.

I am guessing the dealer needed to get rid of it fast being the deal fell through to pay the dealer in Kansas their part of the swap.

Yes, I still get the 7,500.00 tax credit to get applied when I do my 2019 taxes. The vehicle was never titled to the woman nor was the bill of sale submitted to Chrysler. Her taking it and returning it would have been no different than someone taking a new vehicle on an extended test drive.

Both Chrysler Corporate records and CarFax show I am the original and only owner of this Pacifica.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
At this point, I did not know about vehicle history. Upon delivery in the parking lot, I noticed a few things that were flags. I asked them if it was used or been returned and they said no. (So they lied) When I got it home, I found the Uconnect system already activated and had someone else's information and address in the computer. I had the Pacifica take me to this address to find out what was up with this Pacifica. That is when I found out the history of this Pacifica and the woman told me everything that happened and showed me all her paperwork where they falsified the year on multiple documents to make her think she was getting 2019.

I am guessing the dealer needed to get rid of it fast being the deal fell through to pay the dealer in Kansas their part of the swap.

Yes, I still get the 7,500.00 tax credit to get applied when I do my 2019 taxes. The vehicle was never titled to the woman nor was the bill of sale submitted to Chrysler. Her taking it and returning it would have been no different than someone taking a new vehicle on an extended test drive.

Both Chrysler Corporate records and CarFax show I am the original and only owner of this Pacifica.
Wow! Clever (and crazy) to drive by the previous owner's house to get the real scoop on it. What's the tenth character of the VIN? H = 2017, J = 2018 and K = 2019

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow! Clever (and crazy) to drive by the previous owner's house to get the real scoop on it. What's the tenth character of the VIN? H = 2017, J = 2018 and K = 2019
It is J.

I felt really bad for that lady. Single retired, and disabled. They tried to dupe her. I needed to find out if it was used/titled. I did not trust the dealer for info about this.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes, it was a great deal and very happy with it. :grin2: They only had one, and as far as I knew it was a Limited until I got the FCA "Certificate of Origin for A Vehicle" that stated, "Pacifica Limited Platinum Hybrid" Under series or model. It also says Pacifica Limited Platinum Hybrid on my Title I just got. Apparently, it is not for 2017s only or perhaps this is some special build.

See attached document. I have removed the Invoice number, VIN, and bar code from the attached file as this info is no one's business.

The story of this vehicle is, a woman in my state was looking for a 2019 hybrid and went to one of my local dealers to buy 2019 white limited advertised on their website. When she got there, they had already sold it and had nothing she wanted. They found this one at a dealer in Kansas and did a vehicle swap and had it transported to my state. She put 5000 down on June 8th to have it transported here and agreed on 42,000.00. When she got it on June 20th the dealer filled out the paperwork as being 2019 when it was 2018. She took it home and activated the Uconnect system and got an email congratulating her for buying a "New 2018 Pacifica Hybrid". The next day she went back to her bank and showed them the email and her bill of sale showing 2019. The bank considered this a fraud and put a stop payment on her final check, and she returned the vehicle that day.

Fast forward to the first week in July. I just sold my 2014 T&C $10,200.00 and now I'm shopping. I see this 2018 Pacifica Hybrid advertised on the dealer website for $38,280.00. I go there to look at it on July 6th they tell me $38,280.00 OTD firm, I did try to get it lower, but they were not having it. They are closed on Sundays. I return on July 8th with my wife to see if she likes it. We go in to buy it and they almost lost the deal. The sales manager comes in and says, "being you don't have a trade-in we have a $1000.00 no trade fee". At this point I am angry, he leaves. Wife and I discuss it. They are not getting anything from us for lying. We are leaving and he comes back and says I made a mistake that fee only applies to RAM trucks and not the Pacificas. At this point, I tell them to show me a bill of sale with the $38,280.00 to get it signed and I can get out of there. It would have been stupid for them to have tried to lose a cash deal over last-minute bait and switch tactic.

Oh, I didn't know they kept the Platinum. If you're looking for the Platinum trim when buying a car, it will only show 2017s.

Interesting story with your car. I also had a similar situation with Uconnect. Hmm, I wonder if it was a return too. I didn't think to look at the address book. I had to email my purchase agreement to activate it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
What is this document called “certificate of origin of vehicle” and where do you get it from? Is it available for free for all cars or only if there’s a question of ownership? Thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts

Hopefully I'm wrong, but as far as I know a vehicle immediately becomes used once it's sold or registered. In order for the original buyer to drive off with it then it had to be sold. I don't think there's any gray area like extended test drives or waiting for a bill of sale to be submitted. Returning it or exchanging it shouldn't matter, it's still used. This affects the federal tax credit and the only folks that have the final say is the IRS, maybe they can be contacted with the VIN to verify it's eligible?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hopefully I'm wrong, but as far as I know a vehicle immediately becomes used once it's sold or registered. In order for the original buyer to drive off with it then it had to be sold. I don't think there's any gray area like extended test drives or waiting for a bill of sale to be submitted. Returning it or exchanging it shouldn't matter, it's still used. This affects the federal tax credit and the only folks that have the final say is the IRS, maybe they can be contacted with the VIN to verify it's eligible?
Might be best to find out what your laws are in regards to new and used in your state by calling your motor vehicle division and/or used motor vehicle division.

Already checked it out there is no problem with it. In my state, a vehicle is not used unless it is titled. The VIN cannot be in anyone's name unless it is titled. Like I said all records Chrysler Corporate and CarFax I am the original and only owner of this vehicle. My bill of sale is for a new car sale not used. The Certificate of Origin for A Vehicle is the original factory title to transfer to the new owner. The dealer in Kansas had to get it notarized and sign it over to me on the back of that document. The VIN went straight from the dealer in Kansas to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts