2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
What is this document called “certificate of origin of vehicle” and where do you get it from? Is it available for free for all cars or only if there’s a question of ownership? Thanks.
That is the original factory title that is signed over to the new car buyer so they can get the title transferred in their name in whatever state they may live.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I see. So this document applies only to out of state purchases, cause I never got it when I bought my new Pacifica. Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
No, it only applies to certain states (some want to see it when titling a new vehicle and some don't). My understanding is that the consumer often doesn't see these (because the dealership often sends them directly to the state), even when they are ordered. I say ordered, because I believe they are a $0 option, meaning that if your dealer was in a location where no nearby states required an MSO, they can just not ask Chrysler for one.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
10 Participants
daniel9478
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing