2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there- longtime lurker and finally decided to post.
I had a VIN # sent to me by my Canadian dealer March 10th and was in D status for awhile but was then retrograded. The Dealer has basically stopped returning my calls so when I popped in a month ago I was told that my trade no longer had its value at time of the original deal, my order was flipped to 2022 and subsequently I had lost the 15% Chrysler discount since it was a new model year.
*I know all about the chip and parts issues.

Across all my reading in this forum and some on Facebook I haven't seen a longer wait time.
So I have questions that hopefully I can get answered here:
1) Who do you talk to when your dealer just isn't responding? I know the business has changed a lot in this time frame and certainly has its issues but I am worried that they are basically just not responding as they could sell the vehicle to someone else and make more money on it (I had a nice dealer discount as well).
2) Are the orders that get flipped from 2021 to 2022 basically a free-for-all or does my 'place in line' still count for something?
3) Does Chrysler Canada monitor these forums or does someone have a hook-up? Apparently I am considered and 'edge' case or something like that

Simply frustrated.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
OMG this is what i am afraid too. I've order since this year 2021 July, every end of month until today i would call to ask whats the status? atleast give me a von or vin, even though i know the dam plant is shut down and re open 27th sept. the dealer kept laughing and said his "manager" has no status yet. but they have accept my build? wtf.. lol and if i can't wait they don't mind refunding my deposit. my guess is my name and my deposit are used by them to get an order from chrysler. yes in canada i also have the 10,000 off or so to say 15% off msrp. and yes i ordered awd pinnacle with tow package as well. same situation. but at least you have your vin hahha. my guess is that sooner or later for sure my vehicle will be swap to 2022, and they will call me that there is no 15% off. now this comes down to me weather i will tolerate their nonsense or not. i guess at someday, one day my pacifica will arrive. either buy it without 15% off msrp or get out. dealer does not even care. pinnacle awd is very hot right now. so many people in US and CAnada are waiting. and they are all rich people that don't even care about 10k.

so now for the situation in Canada, all chrysler dealership. some of their website would show a pinnacle AWD or FWD Hybrid. but in reality, all of them are either sold or none existant. they want to bait you into their dealership to sign a contact to build a pinnacle pacifica for you. and even though you see a 15% off msrp on their website for a pacifica, they would say its a long wait. if i were you i wouldn't negotiate for some offer and also try to get the 15% off. if you are "LUCKY" you can get a car.

listen , doesn't matter year 2021,2022,2023 or 3000 once the chrysler website shows XX % off. you sign that bill it should be XX % off. doesnt matter how long your car arrives. besides XX% off you should also get additional maybe 3% - xx% off on the negotiation. depends on how much % off the sales willing to give up to make the sale.

low stock, high demand its a fun game for them to play. whats difference between 2021 and 2022? amazon garbage. tri moon roof - dual? what else . not big. they are better off hoping you wont take the 15% and give them more money just to fight for a pacifica.

and yes for this situation. you are ok to cancel your pacifica even if its arrived. and they don't have to sell it to you. they are more than likely to give your deposit back, even if your deposit is full price of vehicle.

they did that same B.S to RAM TRX, and RAM Limited.

Our best bet is for the chrysler 2022 website will still show 15% off msrp , which i doubt it.
Simply not true . If you have a relationship with a dealer they will either slot you into a vehicle that’s in big, bg, bgl for scheduling . And when the bill of sale is processed there’s a vin / von on the order . Any dealer can say yeah we’re going to get c, y , z vipers , demons , trxs, etc but it’s dealer allocation and a dealer relationship with the Corp that makes things transpire . If your getting 8 demons, trxs your going to be very specific to who is going to selling them too . And a relationship is not I bout a car here and there from them , it’s a relationship that has roots . So when dealers were thinning their margins because of volume on lots they are now doing the opposite . Anybody can say we’ll get you this or that but can they deliver , after all, allocation of vehicles goes to usa 🇺🇸 first . I know dealers that got 10 demons, 15 Trxs and dealers who got 0, and subsequently told customers they were getting them . So no , not all dealers are shoehorned into the same stigma .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts