2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Ordered Our 2017 Pacific Limited Fully Loaded

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Damoncaravanman 
#1 ·
We ordered our 2017 Pacific Limited in Velvet Red with Alloy Interior Fully Loaded with every Option.

#4 ·
We ordered the 2017 Chrysler Pacific Limited with the 7 Seat Option and Panoramic Moonroof.

We wanted the panoramic moonroof and armrests on the 2nd row seats which you do not get with the 8 seat option.

I am not clear on why they don't offer it on the 8 seat option but it did not matter to us. We have no kids and no need for the 8th seat. Even if we did, we would get the 7 seat option unless we had 5 or more kids.

For us, it was about utility and practicality. The natural light from the Panoramic Moonroof was a huge plus for us. The 8 row option was never a consideration without armrest and a moonroof.

The 7 seat option also made it much easier to fold down the seats and get access to the the full cargo space.

Last but not least, it worked best for our Crash Tested Dog Cage. We can put the cage up against the Passenger 2nd Row Bucket and keep the driver side 2nd row down so the driver can have eye contact with the dog.

We also opted for the Vacuum as well since we have a dog. I am sure kids would be another good reason to get the Vacuum.

However, we did notice there is a bit more road noise with the Panoramic Roof when the interior covers are open. With the interior covers closed it was similar to the Touring L we drove.

We alos noticed that the vehicle rides, handles and drives better with the 20" rims which was a real surprise to me. We ordered ours with 20" rims.

Congratulations on ordering yours. These vehicles are really very, very nice and I can tell you that says something because I am not easy to impress or to please. :)

#3 ·
Congrats on the Pacifica. Were there any other vehicles you were looking at before finally deciding to go with the Pacifica? Always interested in hearing those responses. What did you own before the Pacifica?

#5 ·
We own 7 vehicles and sold my 2008 Honda CRV when we ordered this.

We will now 7 vehicles again when the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited comes in.

The vehicles we currently own are older ranging in age from 1994 to 2006. I have simply not been motivated to buy anything new in quite a while due to the fact that nothing made today impresses me. Yes, I am picky but of I am spending 40K to 50K on a vehicle it better darn well impress me....

In addition, I was not a fan of all the technology. My older Toyota 80 series Supercharged & Modified Land Cruisers of which I have several, Toyota T-100 Pickup and 2006 Dodge Ram Laramie DRW 5.9 Long Bed Turbo Diesel suit me just fine. In addition, my wife loves her 2007 SAAB 9-3 2.0T Turbo Convertible.

However, my partner had been asking about a new car for a while. So, when I was in Sweden recently, I rented a Volvo XC90 Diesel for a great price and was actually pretty impressed. I mentioned this to my partner when I got back from the trip.

One day while passing a Volvo dealer I stopped in to check out the Volvo XC90. Unfortunately, just like Toyota, the Volvo is not available with a diesel in the US. Both companies would sell more cars if they were. In addition, as nice as the Volvo was, I honestly did not think the was worth the asking price of 86K to 90K loaded.

I told my partner the story and she said she did not really want an SUV. She said she thought a Minivan would service our needs best. I agreed and asked her why she would not let me get one 6 years earlier when I had the same thought. She said it was practical. Hmmmm, I said the same thing six years ago....but whatever.

So, we went out on a Saturday and drive four (4) minions from different manufacturers back to back. Here are my impressions:

Toyota Sienna
Only AWD but worst ride quality of the bunch. Nicer interior materials than Honda. Lacking latest technology and many desirable features. Cargo Space was OK but some was taken up by 2nd row seats folded up against the front row.

Honda Odyssey
No AWD but better ride quality than Toyota and Kia. Interior materials
not as nice as the Toyota or Kia. Lacking latest technology and many desirable features. Cargo Space was OK but some was taken up by 2nd row seats folded up against the front row.

Kia Sedona
No AWD with sloppy handling with too much wallow and roll. Very nice Interior materials in fact impressive. Better technology than Toyota and Honda but not as high quality tech as I am used to seeing on higher end vehicles.

Chrysler Pacifica
Clearly the winner and the ONLY vehicle that excited me enough to pull out my wallet. No AWD but since I already have Land Cruisers for Winter Driving in the North East this was not crucial to me. Fantastic ride quality leaps and bounds above the rest. Had the most room by far and even with my 6'8" frame and wide shoulders I was extremely comfortable. Nicest interior quality, fit and finish. Technology comparable to the 86K to 90K Volvo XC90 that I drove. Very good implementation of technology and great features. In addition, Stow & Go was a deal closer.
I could go on but the bottom line is that it the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Bottom line -- I purchased the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. :smile2:

#8 ·
I Congrats!!!!! I am on my 30th Chrysler van, still have my first one (1985 Caravan LE) and I am about to order the new Pacifica Limited with every option deleting the vacuum and getting the spare tire! I am waiting on a dealer here that ordered 3 Pacificas in the 'TUSK WHITE' color befoe I order one, I want to make sure I am gonna like what I order and receive especially for the 47K I will drop for the van.
Did you get an extended warranty???? ....what ever you spent on the extended warranty, cancel it and get a refund........, I guarantee you can get the exact one or even what I got (the bumper to bumper lifetime) for less than what you paid that dealer. Same exact from Chrysler. A few others on my facebook minivan group cancelled what they bought and bought through the dealer that sells them at wholesale. I bought two from them and I know several others. I called Chrysler and they said this dealer sells so many they sell them at wholesale price...... check it out..... if you want then ask your selling dealer to match the price and I bet they will. Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty - Save $$ Today

just ask a few in my Chrysler minivan group as well.( https://www.facebook.com/groups/Chryslerminivans/ ) . I bought one for my 2014 (thinking I would keep it, I kept 12 months longer than people thought!) and I called and cancelled it and got 2400.00 back from the 2700.00 I spent for it, prorated as I know have 35K on my 2014. The Lifetime bumper to bumper for a 2017 Pacifica with 100 deductable is 2750.00, NOT BAD, especially when most dealers are gonna charge from 3400to 4500.00. So check it out, take it to your dealer and see if they will match the same price for the same exact warranty through Chrysler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.