2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into ordering a Hybrid Touring 2021 in Fathom Blue, but it seems the new paint option is missing from Dealerconnect (website used to place factory orders I assume) to place a build configuration order.
Anyone here on these forums have experience on how long before new features of a new model year are added to their build configuration so it can be ordered? (I heard the 20" wheels of pinnacle are missing as well)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been looking into ordering a Hybrid Touring 2021 in Fathom Blue, but it seems the new paint option is missing from Dealerconnect (website used to place factory orders I assume) to place a build configuration order.
Anyone here on these forums have experience on how long before new features of a new model year are added to their build configuration so it can be ordered? (I heard the 20" wheels of pinnacle are missing as well)
I've seen information that indicates the Fathom Blue will not be available until a little later, so that might be why.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen information that indicates the Fathom Blue will not be available until a little later, so that might be why.
Ok good to know!
Did they give you any ETA of delivery when you ordered your 2021 Hybrid?
When did you place your order and how much are you paying if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok good to know!
Did they give you any ETA of delivery when you ordered your 2021 Hybrid?
When did you place your order and how much are you paying if you don't mind me asking?
They don't have a good idea on timing yet, since the model year is just starting and these are far from normal times. They were hopeful it would still be in the 8-12 week timeframe it used to be for them, but no assurances or guarantees were given.

I just placed my order today! I've been waiting for the pricing for it to open up for months now. LOL! They don't know what incentives and such will be available at the time of delivery but felt certain there would be some. But until then we're just looking at worst-case scenario of no incentives (except military) and MSRP.

The Fathom Blue was the only other color I was interested in, but the delay made it a deal breaker. The rest of my family kept pushing for the Velvet Red anyway. I'm sure I won't be sorry.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What does the Fathom Blue look like? Any pictures?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
642 Posts
How do we know what colors are available? That is what is killing me with anticipation! I need the configurator to go live!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do we know what colors are available? That is what is killing me with anticipation! I need the configurator to go live!
A dealer gave me this 2021 exterior paint color build information earlier this week, as you can see both Fathom Blue and Jazz Blue are both missing for now (Fathom Blue will be added at some point in the future)
Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Bright White Clear Coat
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Ceramic Grey Clear Coat
Granite Crystal Met. Clear Coat
Luxury White Pearl Coat
Maximum Steel Met. Clear Coat
Ocean Blue Metallic
Velvet Red Pearl Coat

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was at the Chicago Auto Show early this year to see the new 2021 Pacifica Fathom Blue color in person, but the best pictures I can find off hand are here:
That's pretty close to what the dealer sent me in a screenshot the other day of his computer. It's gorgeous!

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
If I’m not mistaken ehybrid won’t start to be built until end oct begging nOvember. So it will all depend on the paint availability . So maybe looking at Jan 2021 with plant holidays in December .

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I gues Fathom Blue will replace Jazz Blue for 2021. It appears to lean to the green side of blue.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
2013 Dodge Journey in Fathom Blue

Reactions: dotbot

·
Registered
642 Posts
A dealer gave me this 2021 exterior paint color build information earlier this week, as you can see both Fathom Blue and Jazz Blue are both missing for now (Fathom Blue will be added at some point in the future)
Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Bright White Clear Coat
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Ceramic Grey Clear Coat
Granite Crystal Met. Clear Coat
Luxury White Pearl Coat
Maximum Steel Met. Clear Coat
Ocean Blue Metallic
Velvet Red Pearl Coat
Thanks for posting. All the same color unfortunately. Not sure what I was hoping for but something different would have been nice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
All the same color unfortunately. Not sure what I was hoping for but something different would have been nice
Yeah, I was hoping for something with a lot more pop to it. Why do minivans only come in boring colours?!?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I was hoping for something with a lot more pop to it. Why do minivans only come in boring colours?!?
The Ocean Blue is rather vibrant, but what's missing are any lighter colorful but understated shades. 2 whites, 1 black, 4 greys/silvers makes for a lot of neutral. I would have loved to see a light blue or green type shade.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Probably because that's what the market demands. "Pop" colors are fine for small cars for the youth market, but a large family hauler that you will keep for five or ten years becomes part of the neighborhood you live in. I agree with @Lorifun that a light blue would be nice. The green should be dark metallic or pearl, like the one Honda has for the Odyssey.

Reactions: Lorifun

·
Registered
642 Posts
The Ocean Blue is rather vibrant, but what's missing are any lighter colorful but understated shades. 2 whites, 1 black, 4 greys/silvers makes for a lot of neutral. I would have loved to see a light blue or green type shade.
I would take a Fire Engine Red!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Probably because that's what the market demands. "Pop" colors are fine for small cars for the youth market, but a large family hauler that you will keep for five or ten years becomes part of the neighborhood you live in
Well I for one am fully committed to brightening up my neighbourhood for the next 5-10 years! I demand my own market segment!

When you become a parent, all the new stuff you have to buy is sold in bright primary colours, so you have to let go of the idea that muted shades of neutral demonstrate your sophistication. With cars it seems to be the opposite - suddenly you can't have fire-engine red or electric blue any more. I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Well I for one am fully committed to brightening up my neighbourhood for the next 5-10 years! I demand my own market segment!

When you become a parent, all the new stuff you have to buy is sold in bright primary colours, so you have to let go of the idea that muted shades of neutral demonstrate your sophistication. With cars it seems to be the opposite - suddenly you can't have fire-engine red or electric blue any more. I don't get it.
You are in a minority. Large cars in primary colors don't sell. They sit on the lot, something dealers don't like. Costs of factory painting systems and stocking matching parts limits the number of colors that can be offered.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts