2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for inputs/your experience on 2021 (ideally Limited) delivery timelines. My dealer is clueless saying "between weeks and months".

How much will I have to wait for the van?

Timeline so far:
2/10: VIN number generated
2/6: order accepted by the factory
1/25: dealer placed the order

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking for inputs/your experience on 2021 (ideally Limited) delivery timelines. My dealer is clueless saying "between weeks and months".

How much will I have to wait for the van?

Timeline so far:
2/12: VIN number generated
2/6: order accepted by the factory
1/25: dealer placed the order
I dont know how much this may help you but Im a bit further along and ordered two days after you did........
I ordered a Limited AWD Granite Crystal Metallic Black S package
Adv Safety Sphere
U Connect Theater
20" Foreshadow wheels Design 1
Tow Package
Mud Flaps
Interior Protection Pkg........
I ordered on 1/27/21
Notified of VIN on 2/12/21
Last night at 7:05 received email from Chrysler thanking me, verifying VIN and stating the will "in they're best estimation"..... My dealer should see the vehicle the week of 3/28/21.
Not knowing your configuration, ill say that if you read around this forum, you will find the general consensus is that ordering the tow pkg, and mud flaps result in the vehicle being sent to an outside vendor to have these options installed, resulting in additional wait times, some people reported multiple weeks......
My current status is D1 as shown me from my dealer. Chrysler customer care will give you nothing but gray, warm, fuzzy comments with no real information. My dealer also showed me the expected date for my vehicle to leave the plant is 3/9/21.
again, not sure that helps, but my information is the CURRENT state of affairs to your own and not a prior post.
Best of Luck!!
Geoff

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont know how much this may help you but Im a bit further along and ordered two days after you did........
I ordered a Limited AWD Granite Crystal Metallic Black S package
Adv Safety Sphere
U Connect Theater
20" Foreshadow wheels Design 1
Tow Package
Mud Flaps
Interior Protection Pkg........
I ordered on 1/27/21
Notified of VIN on 2/12/21
Last night at 7:05 received email from Chrysler thanking me, verifying VIN and stating the will "in they're best estimation"..... My dealer should see the vehicle the week of 3/28/21.
Not knowing your configuration, ill say that if you read around this forum, you will find the general consensus is that ordering the tow pkg, and mud flaps result in the vehicle being sent to an outside vendor to have these options installed, resulting in additional wait times, some people reported multiple weeks......
My current status is D1 as shown me from my dealer. Chrysler customer care will give you nothing but gray, warm, fuzzy comments with no real information. My dealer also showed me the expected date for my vehicle to leave the plant is 3/9/21.
again, not sure that helps, but my information is the CURRENT state of affairs to your own and not a prior post.
Best of Luck!!
Geoff
And by the way......I called the Factory day before yesterday, and was assured it is up and running. dont know why i would be lied to when asking specific, pointed questions regarding posts such as i read above.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the inputs! I do have the tow package so it looks like it may be a bit longer wait, I'm hoping for mid-late April based on your estimates. I won't bother contacting the dealer because they have demonstrated to be clueless throughout the process

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you google the story it even says they are down till end of the month , that’s funny .
I dont doubt what your saying..........especially after ive had a dose of the Chrysler comfort care.....saying nothing in 1000 words......ill try to investigate again. ive seen those stories. Why give totally contrary information. I told them you only get one chance to make a first impression before i questioned them. I can only relate what I said and what they reply.
Seems like theres even a bigger story behind your story....lying to people to just hopefully have them go away

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are things like the tow package, mud flaps, etc., options added by an outside vendor after the build is completed or midway through the build?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Followup........
CANADAHYBRIDGUY is TOTALLY correct.......Earlier today i chatted again with the Chrysler Care Team. A few different people. The first thing I ask them this time is are they honest people. And of course they are. next thing i asked is where are they located? Auburn Hills is the response. Not sure if its true but thats the line. Speaking of line....I ask if the plant assembly line is working today and why yes it is and they try to divert me to my VON, VIN, Address, all the information i put in just to initiate the chat. I tell them all i want today is a few answers. I say how about i tell you i know some information contrary to what you just told me? That in fact it is not open and assembling. After seeing they were not going to appease me with the standard they have all the parts allocated for my van, trys to admit the plant is closed today.......due to COVID. I ask are they sure, and again....im sorry but yes its due to covid. I then only forward her a link to ONE article CANADAHYBRIDGUY kindly supplied to us. She tells me she can not view any outside links. I ask why she dispenses this information, and i can supply like 100 more articles all saying the same thing. She then admits its closed, and has been closed since an exact date early in Feb, mentioned iin the link i sent. Immediately starts parroting the article after telling me she cant view outside media. At this point one of the three different people this happened with booted me from the conversation. The other two will only say "Is there anything else I can help you with today"? You think they are told to do this? or is this some sort of ploy to just keep people dumb and hopeful until the smoke clears? I just dont get outright lying.....especially in a "Customer Service" setting. Anyway.....thats what i found out this morning. And they wont give an estimate either on when they are either planning, or expecting, or hoping the line will restart. It just reeks of dishonesty to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are things like the tow package, mud flaps, etc., options added by an outside vendor after the build is completed or midway through the build?
From what i have read.....and ask CANADAHYBRIDGUY, I might be wrong......those options require you to go through a code for an outside vendor to have them installed. This code status can potentially take a while. I forget the code, but i think its like a J* something.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
157 Posts
Car arrived at the dealership last night
Make sure you take pics and would appreciate a review of the entire experience, including delivery and how you like your van.

Reactions: B.A. Baracus

·
Registered
73 Posts
Picked it up yesterday. The only thing I don't like about the car is I can't manspread while driving... The wheel well prevents me from fully extending my left leg and this is with the seat going as far back as possible... Other than that, very happy with the car...

20210227_150505.jpg

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
157 Posts
Looks great! Hopefully it was worth the wait and gives you many happy motoring miles! Enjoy!

Reactions: h man

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can anyone here confirm that the Windsor assembly plant is back up and running yet? It should be this week, today I believe if 3 weeks was the correct timeline.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts