2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Dealer will have a update from factory on all vehicles with your vin and von and will have a status of vehicle . Status of vehicle will be reflected as a letter , did dealer give you a vin and a von yet ?
Have VIN # ...However all they saying. Its in D or D1.
I am amazed its been ordered on DEC 2020. What i call this incompetence, when order much after this are shipped to US. and We are in same province. Still have no clue whats going on.

Have VIN # ...However all they saying. Its in D or D1.
I am amazed its been ordered on DEC 2020. What i call this incompetence, when order much after this are shipped to US. and We are in same province. Still have no clue whats going on.
With the current parts shortages industry wide, the only vehicles that are getting built during the on and off plant closures are the ones they have the parts for. If you created a special order for your vehicle, it is possible that there is some parts for the option you chose that are not available at this time. So they go ahead and build what they can.

With the current parts shortages industry wide, the only vehicles that are getting built during the on and off plant closures are the ones they have the parts for. If you created a special order for your vehicle, it is possible that there is some parts for the option you chose that are not available at this time. So they go ahead and build what they can.
I understand this...However what i have selected is from their order sheet. So they know they will have it in stock or will order..I dont think that will take 9 months to figure out.

Even if there is a delay, a simple courtsey call to the client and apprise them of situation and possible mitigation is not so far out of court for a company which employe thousand of workers...Ofcource there will be schedules for them, or they just running like headless 🐔.....

I understand this...However what i have selected is from their order sheet. So they know they will have it in stock or will order..I dont think that will take 9 months to figure out.

Even if there is a delay, a simple courtsey call to the client and apprise them of situation and possible mitigation is not so far out of court for a company which employe thousand of workers...Ofcource there will be schedules for them, or they just running like headless 🐔.....
But the order sheets have not been edited to show what parts are and are not available during this chip shortage. So if one of the boxes you checked is in the not available parts category, you are going to have to wait, while others that can be built get the priority.

But the order sheets have not been edited to show what parts are and are not available during this chip shortage. So if one of the boxes you checked is in the not available parts category, you are going to have to wait, while others that can be built get the priority.
Thats the thing. It wouldnt hurt to give client a call and tell the scenario..How much is projected wait....i guess that can be done for a client waiting for a while...

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Thats the thing. It wouldnt hurt to give client a call and tell the scenario..How much is projected wait....i guess that can be done for a client waiting for a while...
Imagine working for them in the plant… I’ve been following the union page and it’s been a **** show knowing when or if they’re working. Seems quite sporadic, but $ drives things and it’s essentially a hall pass with the way things are going these days. 🤦‍♂️

The problem with the current situation is that no one knows what the projected wait is going to be. The parts suppliers do not know when they will get the chips to make the parts. Until the parts are available, Chrysler has no way to schedule the builds. All the dealer can tell you is what part of the order/build process your vehicle is sitting in.

If you want more frequent updates, you should just ask your salesman to provide them.

The problem with the current situation is that no one knows what the projected wait is going to be. The parts suppliers do not know when they will get the chips to make the parts. Until the parts are available, Chrysler has no way to schedule the builds. All the dealer can tell you is what part of the order/build process your vehicle is sitting in.

If you want more frequent updates, you should just ask your salesman to provide them.
My van is at the dealer and I will be picking it up today. It has been 8 months since my order. The truth is the build schedule seems random and sporadic, no rhyme or reason to what they're doing from my perspective. My van was ready to build on March 11, all parts were assembled to build (D1). It was built during the last shift (in July), but so many other vans ordered way after mine were built before it. Besides that, the communication was one-way. Of course that depends on the dealer you buy from, but I had to initiate the communication each and every time, they never once reached out to me with an update. The other forms of communication such as Chrysler Cares or the "chat" on the Chrylser website were underwhelming, only giving generalizations most times. That's frustrating when you're on the other end of that type situation. No one should discount that. Sure, we can all rationalize from afar, but when you're inconvenienced because you have to wait 8 months, it's easier to have empathy for those in the same lot.

Reactions: peterweb and BB21
My van is at the dealer and I will be picking it up today. It has been 8 months since my order. The truth is the build schedule seems random and sporadic, no rhyme or reason to what they're doing from my perspective. My van was ready to build on March 11, all parts were assembled to build (D1). It was built during the last shift (in July), but so many other vans ordered way after mine were built before it. Besides that, the communication was one-way. Of course that depends on the dealer you buy from, but I had to initiate the communication each and every time, they never once reached out to me with an update. The other forms of communication such as Chrysler Cares or the "chat" on the Chrylser website were underwhelming, only giving generalizations most times. That's frustrating when you're on the other end of that type situation. No one should discount that. Sure, we can all rationalize from afar, but when you're inconvenienced because you have to wait 8 months, it's easier to have empathy for those in the same lot.
I'm happy for you. I am sure you will enjoy your ride as much as I am enjoying mine after such a long wait (y)

Looks great! Enjoy many happy miles!

Reactions: Acv1081
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.