2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My outside air temperature stopped working. First it dropped to negative temperatures (even though it actually wasn't that cold outside) then it just stopped reading anything. The check engine light came on and the code is P0073. Also, the remote start is disabled.
My mileage is 38,XXX so I'm outside the warranty. I brought the van to the dealer for an inaccurate reading before the warranty expired but at that time the problem was intermittent and "no issue was detected".

It sounds like the ambient air temperature sensor but I can't figure out where the sensor is located. Nor can I find them at local parts stores.

Does anyone know how to get to the sensor. I heard you have to take the front facia off. If so, what is the best way to do that?
Also, do you know if the ambient air sensor is the same sensor used on the Town & Country model?
Thank you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My outside air temperature stopped working. First it dropped to negative temperatures (even though it actually wasn't that cold outside) then it just stopped reading anything. The check engine light came on and the code is P0073. Also, the remote start is disabled.
My mileage is 38,XXX so I'm outside the warranty. I brought the van to the dealer for an inaccurate reading before the warranty expired but at that time the problem was intermittent and "no issue was detected".

It sounds like the ambient air temperature sensor but I can't figure out where the sensor is located. Nor can I find them at local parts stores.

Does anyone know how to get to the sensor. I heard you have to take the front facia off. If so, what is the best way to do that?
Also, do you know if the ambient air sensor is the same sensor used on the Town & Country model?
Thank you.
If you purchased your van certified pre-owned from a Chrysler dealership, your bumper-to-bumper warranty is extended to 39 months from date of manufacture or 39,000 miles.

The OEM ambient air temp sensor is Mopar part number 5149265AB. It's the same sensor that was used in the older (2008+) Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Town & Country.

The ambient air temp sensor is attached to a vertical support beam in front of the radiator. The factory service manual says that removal of the front fascia is required to replace it. The sensor might be accessible after removing the top radiator support cover, but you wouldn't know unless you tried. I wouldn't think the service manual would instruct you to remove the front fascia (a very significant extra step) if it wasn't necessary, but they have been wrong before.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thank you.
Will this diagram from the parts page help you? If it doesn't show, look up the part number 5149265AB mentioned by @freddief73.
https://store.mopar.com/2017-chrysler-pacifica-touring_l_plus-gas_3.6_v_6-transaxle_automatic_9-hvac-automatic_temperature_controls-ambient_temp_sensor_5149265AB-item/
The sensor on my van was replaced and they didn't have to take the bumper off. The dealer sounded like it wasn't difficult to replace.
Another thread if you are interested.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/474-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-issues-problems/34921-outside-temperature-display-update-time.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

·
Registered
5 Posts
GTGoat, any resolution?, i just bought a used 2017 with the exact same issue, had it about a week and this happened and the non-Chrysler dealer doesn't want to help and the local Chrysler dealer says it wouldn't be covered under warranty anyways ( i have 43k on it), I ended up taking it to a local mechanic that replaced the sensor but issue is still there, temp on dash shows anywhere from 20 to -39 when its 60-70s out and the A?C wont come on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts