1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
This one doesn’t seem to have the AST (adaptive cruise, auto brake, self parking......etc). I wouldn’t buy any car without it now. Not a bad deal if you simply want a near base pachy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one doesn’t seem to have the AST (adaptive cruise, auto brake, self parking......etc). I wouldn’t buy any car without it now. Not a bad deal if you simply want a near base pachy.
Yeah, it's a Touring L model, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Limited model. But I agree- for the right buyer who doesn't need the highest trim level, that's a great deal!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Saw a great 2018 PacHy deal and wanted to pass it along in case anyone is considering a new PacHy. This one has been discounted down to $37,340 BEFORE the federal tax incentive (which would lower the price down to $29,840 plus tax and tags). It's at Putnam Chrysler in Putnam, Connecticut. 860-963-2277

Link:

https://www.putnamchrysler.com/new/Chrysler/2018-Chrysler-Pacifica+Hybrid-b0c564590a0e0adf48310795d3639966.htm

I got a similar deal - sticker 48300. Please ensure you get a new battery 12v if you take the deal - ours went down two days after owning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's interesting about this scenario is that since this PacHy is a 2018 (but still new), you can not only get a brand new vehicle with full warranty, but also have the ability to negotiate it down since there is a year of depreciation that has already happened even before the car hits the road.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think the hybrid battery is subject to degradation because of sitting on a lot, but I'm not an expert on the subject. It's fully warranted as well since the car won't be titled until someone buys it at the reduced price, and warranty coverage starts at that time.

·
Registered
282 Posts
"Lot Rot" covers a lot more sins than dead batteries. A year older model has all the features of a year older model, sometimes it has had body damage that has been repaired, an older model is usually missing options that are highly desirable (like advanced safety gizmos), sometimes they acquire residents (insects and rodents) while waiting to be adopted by a forever home.

If you can purchase a year older model for significantly less than a newer one and it has what you need, and if it has not been damaged in any way, get it. If you drive a lot of miles per year, when you go to trade it in or sell it, it will appear to have average miles. If you buy a newer model and drive a lot, prospective buyers will look down on your van.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I bought a 2018 Touring-L PacHy last week, and I haven't experienced any issue with the 12V battery (yet?). I don't think that "lot rot" plagues all 2018s.
It seems to depend of how the battery was maintained while it sat on the lot. What was your manufacturing date and how many miles did it have on it when you got it? Anything more than 50 or 60 means it was at least driven on a few test drives. Maybe the dealership has a routine for keeping their vehicles charged or maybe they let them "lot rot" until a buyer shows up, who knows.

By the way @Cornfield, love the "battery lot rot" term. :p short, descriptive, to the point

·
Registered
282 Posts
It seems to depend of how the battery was maintained while it sat on the lot. What was your manufacturing date and how many miles did it have on it when you got it? Anything more than 50 or 60 means it was at least driven on a few test drives. Maybe the dealership has a routine for keeping their vehicles charged or maybe they let them "lot rot" until a buyer shows up, who knows.

By the way @Cornfield, love the "battery lot rot" term. :p short, descriptive, to the point
I did not invent the term “lot rot”. Car dealerships and salespeople have used the term for a long time. It is a real thing. Some people that have “seasonal “ vehicles, like sports cars, experience the effects when they get their cars out of storage.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I did not invent the term “lot rot”. Car dealerships and salespeople have used the term for a long time. It is a real thing. Some people that have “seasonal “ vehicles, like sports cars, experience the effects when they get their cars out of storage.
I still like it, you should trademark it™. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts