2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I’d make a “happy camper” post.
Most posts to forums like this are people with problems, questions or unhappy with the product.
One month in and I’m very pleased with everything about the Pachy. Even the estimated battery range is sweet, first time I’ve seen 39 miles. T’would be great if actually got that much but I’m more than happy with what my limited delivers.
Here a screen shot of the🤩😍🤩
I’m praying I can make this same post one year in, and even 10 years in.
Cheers!

Product Font Parallel Circle Screenshot
Product Font Parallel Circle Screenshot

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
What’s not to love , superior powertrain and regen braking . Mileage is far superior that gas or even a non hybrid plug in for its size and weight . Happy motoring and hope you bought the 10 yr warranty …. Lol

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Happy with mine. That's why I upgraded from 2018 to 2021.

Reactions: Big D and SlamBam

·
Registered
780 Posts
What’s not to love , superior powertrain and regen braking . Mileage is far superior that gas or even a non hybrid plug in for its size and weight . Happy motoring and hope you bought the 10 yr warranty …. Lol
I would love the stow & go somehow worked into the Hybrid! I would love that even more.

Reactions: Big D

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited - Velvet Red
82 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread. I have a PacHy limited from jan this year, the 2020 model. Net cost would be about 30.5k USD. For the money i paid (which seems dirt cheap now), i have to admit its been exemplary. Comfort, luxury, mileage all in one package.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love the stow & go somehow worked into the Hybrid! I would love that even more.
I got the Mopar 8yr/85k warranty which was the longest one offered.
I figure if things start to go south 8 years down the road, and used car prices hold like they are now, I might be able to sell it for what I paid for it. :p:love:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Unfortunately there’s not one phev or bevy vehicle that offers seats that stow into floor and I honestly don’t see this happening in future . The floor pan would not accommodate it as the battery location usually ideally center fore or aft . That’s why I’m curious to see a phev for the grand Cherokee L and grand Wagoneer . . I know the tank size gets shrunk but that’s def some tight packaging in the grand Cherokee L .

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid Touring L
90 Posts
Loving my 2020. Boy am I glad I got one before all the mess now. They had '21s on the lot too and I passed because I didn't like the front facia, another good call in hindsight.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unfortunately there’s not one phev or bevy vehicle that offers seats that stow into floor and I honestly don’t see this happening in future . The floor pan would not accommodate it as the battery location usually ideally center fore or aft . That’s why I’m curious to see a phev for the grand Cherokee L and grand Wagoneer . . I know the tank size gets shrunk but that’s def some tight packaging in the grand Cherokee L .
The irony of Stow 'n Go is that, without it, there likely wouldn't have been a PacHy. It's the Stow 'n Go seat storage compartments that allowed FCA to easily add the large battery set and transform the Pacifica into a PHEV. Without that space, it's doubtful the PacHy would have made production and is very likely the reason no one else will be building a PHEV minivan anytime soon. It's just too difficult and expensive to engineer two separate platforms for both the ICE and EV minivan markets (at least at this time).

·
Registered
780 Posts
Agreed,, just dreaming! I wonder if fully EV skateboard platform could accommodate Stow & Go? I guess I could just remove the seats like I did in my previous Odysseys.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I got the Mopar 8yr/85k warranty which was the longest one offered.
I figure if things start to go south 8 years down the road, and used car prices hold like they are now, I might be able to sell it for what I paid for it. :p:love:
The longest they offer is 8yr/125MI which is what I have.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The irony of Stow 'n Go is that, without it, there likely wouldn't have been a PacHy. It's the Stow 'n Go seat storage compartments that allowed FCA to easily add the large battery set and transform the Pacifica into a PHEV. Without that space, it's doubtful the PacHy would have made production and is very likely the reason no one else will be building a PHEV minivan anytime soon. It's just too difficult and expensive to engineer two separate platforms for both the ICE and EV minivan markets (at least at this time).
Agreed, a dedicated EV maker is most likely as there are some e-vans for delivery service hitting the market.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
209 Posts
Just want to add my happy voice to this post: I'm almost 8 months in, 25 000km and I have had only one issue (battery charger module was defective in the first week of ownership) which was fixed relatively painlessly. I've had a stellar experience with this vehicle since.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
re: no stow & go.
The 2nd row hybrid seats are very comfortable, same as regular Pinnacle?. I've seen reviews where the stow & go's are no where near as nice, plus they're fixed; they can't be adjusted forward and backward. Pros & Cons for each type, it depends on your ultimate mission.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Agreed, a dedicated EV maker is most likely as there are some e-vans for delivery service hitting the market.
One of the more interesting aspects of Stow 'N Go is that it was introduced for MY2005, and you have to wonder if anyone at Daimler (who owned Chrysler at the time) had the foresight to see the space being used for a future PHEV battery pack way back then.

Chrysler had actually built a couple hundred fleet-only NiMH EV Caravans back in 1999 (Electric Power Interurban Commuter or EPIC) and even in 1993 (TEVan) so it's conceivable that, from those experiences, Daimler may have eventually thought of using the Stow 'N Go space for EV batteries. If so, it was a shrewd engineering concept. But the theory is sound, considering that 2005 was about the time the 2nd generation Toyota Prius was beginning to take the hybrid world by storm. Still, back then, no one could have envisioned the advances in battery technology that would eventually lead to popular plug-in EVs like the Leaf, Volt, and Tesla. Sometimes, auto manufacturers luck-out with just the right vehicle at just the right time.

Daimler gets a lot of flack for their less-than-stellar time running Chrysler. But it's quite possible that it was none other than Daimler that laid the foundation for today's PacHy.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
511 Posts
I'm not sure what has changed my 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan had Stow 'N Go seats that could be adjusted forward and backwards.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm not sure what has changed my 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan had Stow 'N Go seats that could be adjusted forward and backwards.
Agree, that does seem like it should be possible to adjust fore & aft.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I regularly get 158 miles on my electric, and that's with full or partially used battery. Here is the current status with 88% of the battery charged. AMAZING!

Product Font Screenshot Circle Technology

(I'm being facetious, in case that is not obvious -- this software glitch occurs more often than not)

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle Brilliant Black
60 Posts
I regularly get 158 miles on my electric, and that's with full or partially used battery. Here is the current status with 88% of the battery charged. AMAZING!

View attachment 47902

(I'm being facetious, in case that is not obvious -- this software glitch occurs more often than not)
Its just one bug out of many from the Uconnect App. If you check the range in your instrument cluster, it will read differently.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts