2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really do love ours.

My only compaint is the Uconnect system is full of annoying bugs that can't be fixed until another update which takes months.

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Sliding door

·
Registered
9 Posts
One year mark for us on the 2020 pachy too. Love it, especially coming from a Honda Fit with a family of 4. Just had first oil change with 5k miles at dealership but they wouldn’t rotate tires lol. Doesn’t need it, they said. Wear was recorded at 8/32 for every tire. Not sure how accurate that is but whatever. Anyway, amazing ride and no issues. I’ve pulled off 34 mile trips all electric to airport and back. Since I got an E cargo bike I don’t use the pachy much around town though. Looking forward to turning it into a camping rig for next summer.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
79 Posts
Just lost my "free" xm Guardian. I hate the subscription model but love the car. Nothing else can touch it on size and comfort. I wish it had a small receiver to attach a bike carrier.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
511 Posts
Just lost my "free" xm Guardian. I hate the subscription model but love the car. Nothing else can touch it on size and comfort. I wish it had a small receiver to attach a bike carrier.
There are threads on here that show how to add the factory hitch with all the part numbers. And a few aftermarket installs also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 Pacifica Hybrid. Great ride, good gas mileage, love the Nav system, but bugs galore. The upholstery in the second row bucket seats is garbage. Got a rip on second day. Had to fight with dealership on warranty defect. They blamed my dog. Chrysler agreed it’s a warranty defect….but 7 months later have not replaced the seat cover. I’ve had dogs in minivans for 30 years. First upholstery issue ever.
Auto tailgate works intermittently. It’s recalled for a software upgrade. Brought into the dealership. They said they couldn’t get the download to work, blame Chrysler. Unconnect system mysfunctions all the time. Sirius doesn’t work until I switch to FM and back. If I take a phone call, have to turn system off then back on to get Media. Media switches to CarPlay intermittently. There’s no off button for media only. If I want to turn off radio, also turns off Nav system. Have to turn volume to zero. Worst quality control I’ve ever seen, Traded in Honda Odyssey Elite, which I had for Seven years, 111,000 miles. Zero defects! Last Chrysler product for me.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
79 Posts
There are threads on here that show how to add the factory hitch with all the part numbers. And a few aftermarket installs also.
Not without possibly affecting warranty.

Also there is a mute button if you don't want audio on the radio. I love that option

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is there someone that Uconnect5 work without bug? Or is it an experience full of bug for everyone?
Got mine custom ordered middle of May. Over 9k miles now. Love it. Only bug is CarPlay randomly disconnects. Unplug and plug cable solves it. Tried different cables, same thing. Lifetime MPG hovers around 50, which is amazing considering I do a lot of long distance highway in New England.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not without possibly affecting warranty.
Unless you add the wiring harness for a trailer, the likelihood is slim. You'd have to get a service writer who was a real dick to argue that a hitch receiver caused a major issue and voided the warranty. In fact, the onus is on the company to prove that the owner had made a modification that voided the warranty. I wouldn't think it'd be much of a problem for an attorney, even a lousy one, to win that argument.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought I’d make a “happy camper” post.
Most posts to forums like this are people with problems, questions or unhappy with the product.
One month in and I’m very pleased with everything about the Pachy. Even the estimated battery range is sweet, first time I’ve seen 39 miles. T’would be great if actually got that much but I’m more than happy with what my limited delivers.
Here a screen shot of the🤩😍🤩
I’m praying I can make this same post one year in, and even 10 years in.
Cheers!

View attachment 47888 View attachment 47888
I agree that most posts are complaints. I guess most think a car working great isn't noteworthy but a problem is. I'm also very happy 34 months and 40,000 miles in, as have had no issues despite having a 2018 Pachy limited with all the bells and whistles. I bought an extended warranty and looks like it might be a waste of money! Plus, due to the shortages I think the car value is appreciating!

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I bought the 8 year extended warranty and I’d be thrilled if I didn’t need to use it at all. I don’t want to worry about expensive electronics failing after 3 years, and this thing is just a computer with wheels so that’s my story.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I bought the 8 year extended warranty and I’d be thrilled if I didn’t need to use it at all. I don’t want to worry about expensive electronics failing after 3 years, and this thing is just a computer with wheels so that’s my story.
That's a good way to look at it. OTOH, it's worth noting that the hybrid system, itself (i.e., the traction battery and related components) is covered by its own, separate warranty (which I believe is the case with all plug-ins with large batteries); it's excluded from the OEM extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Wise decision.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
That's a good way to look at it. OTOH, it's worth noting that the hybrid system, itself (i.e., the traction battery and related components) is covered by its own, separate warranty (which I believe is the case with all plug-ins with large batteries); it's excluded from the OEM extended warranty.
Spot on.

Also, keep in mind MOPAR extended warranties do not cover any of the hybrid components but most everything else.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts