2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - do you see the electric bolt icon (blue circle below) as you start your vehicle? Please let me know. I'm just noticing this after I took my new van back from the dealer to address vehicle start issues (car wouldn't start after charging). Please let me know!

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
92 Posts
The owner's manual has this to say on page 136 (see bold text at the end):

Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Warning Light

This warning light will illuminate to indicate a problem with the ETC system. If a problem is detected while the vehicle is running, the light will either stay on or flash depending on the nature of the problem. Cycle the ignition when the vehicle is safely and completely stopped and the transmission is placed in the PARK (P) position. The light should turn off. If the light remains on with the vehicle running, your vehicle will usually be drivable; however, see an authorized dealer for service as soon as possible.

NOTE:
This light may turn on if the accelerator and brake pedals are pressed at the same time.

If the light continues to flash when the vehicle is running, immediate service is required and you may experience reduced performance, an elevated/rough idle, or engine stall and your vehicle may require towing. The light will come on when the ignition is placed in the ON/RUN or ACC/ON/RUN position and remain on briefly as a bulb check. If the light does not come on during starting, have the system checked by an authorized dealer.
So I'd say it's completely normal

Reactions: fotomoto

·
Registered
2020 Pac Hybrid Limited, Tech Pkg
247 Posts
Yes, normal to light up in POST (power on self-test) and go off once vehicle achieves “Ready” mode. In the photo, the vehicle hasn’t reached Ready yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts