2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I was in and had the door latch replaced yesterday, hopefully this was the cause of the failure. Of note when I was talking with the front end (receptionist?) people, I mentioned that I was concerned that this might be an issue with either a low battery or a grounding issue. He looked through the file on this vehicle of what had been checked when the vehicle was in the last time and mentioned that there had been some fault codes that mentioned a low voltage condition but that they had all been cleared and checked. I am kicking myself that I did not ask for a copy of that file as the repair sheet that I received made no mention of all the fault codes. They did state that the last time I was in there was a update that they had installed. Thanks for the offer and if I have any more issues on this down the road may take you up on it.

John
Hi John,
I am happy to hear that your dealer seems to have addressed your concern. If this returns, we are happy to assist!
Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have anyone experienced this issue before? New 2018 Pacifica Limited displaying a "door open" message all the time for the driver door. All other doors sensors operate fine except that the driver's one remains saying that the door is open when it is actually closed. After I close the door, start the van, release the parking brake and start driving it, then the parking brake automatically gets engaged again. Then I release the parking brake again and continue driving. The "Vehicle not in Park" message is added to the panel and finally the start/stop service required warning "a yellow A inside a circle with exclamation sign" shows up as well. The interior lights remain on and a chime beeps every few minutes. I'm taking it to the dealer but they are so busy that they gave me the appointment date a week from today. I was not able to find an answer online and this could be a common issue. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I am having the exact same issue...what did you find out?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I am having the exact same issue...what did you find out?
Apologies for the trouble! Should you decide to address this with your Chrysler dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message for further support through that process.

Mark
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's been a year since the last reply in this thread, but I am reviving it to add to the chorus. I started having this issue yesterday and I am sad. I can not get the van to believe that the front diver side door is closed. There seems to be no definitive cause, but I am noting that the temp here just dropped to 0 degrees. I wonder if the cold is a possible factor.

I am trying to figure out what method is used to determine if the door is closed. Where is the sensor? Is it in the door latch ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just started having this problem last Friday (1/25/19) on my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring L.

In my case, the parking brake is not self engaging. Lights stay on (I had to manually turn all lights off in the cabin, which, unfortunately, dimmed the dashboard lights ... doesn't appear that the lighting controls are working properly either), and I get the message that a door is open whenever I slow down to a stop or start from a stop.

I also cannot lock the doors while inside the vehicle.
Did you get this resolved? If so how?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI All

I do have exactly the same issue, the door ajar signal isn't turning off after you start the car, And the hand break stop the car by itself when I was starting to drive. I did call our local Chrysler dealer and they gave an appointment in 3 weeks.
What was the resolution ?

It becoming complicated to get service, the cars was at the shop for 2weeks , 2 months ago. This is our 2nd Chrysler, I don't believe they will be a 3rd one. I am having more repair than oil changes

Ben

21 - 27 of 27 Posts