2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between full synthetic vs premium synthetic oil. Is it for high mileage engines above 75K?

Product Font Slope Parallel Rectangle

Also,
I am confused why they want to charge $112 for replacing air condition filter and less amount for engine air filer. Is air conditioning filter same as cabin filter? because I have changed twice the cabin filter myself. I know we have engine filter and cabin filter. What is this air conditioning filter? ,
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

When I click on the icon i before the $112.94 I get the below picture.Kind of adding confusion

Font Rectangle Parallel Electric blue Transparency

·
Registered
2017 PacHY 200,00+ Mile Club
157 Posts
Full Synthetic vs Premium is going to be a difference in the particular brand or quality level. For example, Pennzoil has Platinum and Ultra Platinum synthetic with the last one being the premium. There are some premium brands that are actually worth the cost but without knowing details it's impossible to say. Maybe someone else can clarify the brand name that is used?

Or better yet, just ask them. Unless it's Pennzoil Ultra Platinum it's not worth it.

Don't believe the Pacifica has a separate A/C filter from the Cabin Filter. They appear to be using them interchangeably.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
A name brand synthetic oil will be sufficient for you as the vehicle isn’t being tracked or for drag racing . Any oil brand like Mobil, penzoil , Quaker state are all quality oils . Cabin filter is the hvac filter , so yes it’s one and the same . Just ensure that the oil filter is oem , and have you used synthetic since you purchased the vehicle ? .

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,069 Posts
Wow, I had no idea I was saving that much money when changing out the cabin air filter myself! I've been getting the least expensive 0W-20 full synthetic oil that is MS6395 certified, along with a genuine Mopar MO-349 oil filter and do my own oil changes. It would not surprise me if the service center put in its cheap bulk oil as standard practice even though the customer paid for the more expensive stuff.

·
Registered
2017 PacHY 200,00+ Mile Club
157 Posts
Wow, I had no idea I was saving that much money when changing out the cabin air filter myself! I've been getting the least expensive 0W-20 full synthetic oil that is MS6395 certified, along with a genuine Mopar MO-349 oil filter and do my own oil changes. It would not surprise me if the service center put in its cheap bulk oil as standard practice even though the customer paid for the more expensive stuff.
Just think of how much you are saving replacing your own wiper blades! 💲💲💲🤑

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Dealership oil even though bought in bulk meets and exceeds and specs or certifications. And the last part really is uncalled for , not everybody is out to screw everybody .

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A name brand synthetic oil will be sufficient for you as the vehicle isn’t being tracked or for drag racing . Any oil brand like Mobil, penzoil , Quaker state are all quality oils . Cabin filter is the hvac filter , so yes it’s one and the same . Just ensure that the oil filter is oem , and have you used synthetic since you purchased the vehicle ? .
Yes. I have always used synthetic.

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,069 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts