2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's Pacifica needed the brake booster replaced under warranty. So it's at the Chrysler Dealership since November 3 and they believe they won't have parts until December 7th. Can I demand that Chrysler provide a Loaner?

We've made by with my car, but really need her car back.

Banned
My wife's Pacifica needed the brake booster replaced under warranty. So it's at the Chrysler Dealership since November 3 and they believe they won't have parts until December 7th. Can I demand that Chrysler provide a Loaner?

We've made by with my car, but really need her car back.
Usually dealerships will give you a loaner if your car is 2 years old or newer. But being an 18 you can ask to talk to the general manager and see what you can do , a squeaky wheel gets the grease. Otherwise you can always go to the airport or Renta car center and get a cheap compact Rent-A-Car they have monthly rates that might get you by for a month.. a monthly rate would always be cheaper than a daily rate

Registered
I have a 2020 and no dealerships in San Antonio offer loaners. I鈥檓 be had a rental program but they鈥檙e never available. Chrysler keeps telling me they offer a 2 day rental reimbursement at $35/day. Doesn鈥檛 help that much when rentals are over $100/day at an unpredictable length!

Banned
I have a 2020 and no dealerships in San Antonio offer loaners. I鈥檓 be had a rental program but they鈥檙e never available. Chrysler keeps telling me they offer a 2 day rental reimbursement at $35/day. Doesn鈥檛 help that much when rentals are over $100/day at an unpredictable length!
Like I said aside from Chrysler reimbursing you for anything you can check rates on your own and yes expensive full-size cars or SUVs can be $100 a day but a cheap small compact at a monthly rate will be significantly cheaper. They don't go buy a daily rate it's a cheaper monthly rate if you need it for a month

Registered
Like I said aside from Chrysler reimbursing you for anything you can check rates on your own and yes expensive full-size cars or SUVs can be $100 a day but a cheap small compact at a monthly rate will be significantly cheaper. They don't go buy a daily rate it's a cheaper monthly rate if you need it for a month
It depends where you are. Small sedans are starting at $100 a day and SUVs up to $160.My van is still drivable so there isn鈥檛 a need to rent for a month. Crazy times we live in!

Premium Member
It depends where you are. Small sedans are starting at $100 a day and SUVs up to $160.My van is still drivable so there isn鈥檛 a need to rent for a month. Crazy times we live in!
Bidinflation sucks. It is only going to get worse.

Banned
Yeah I think I was referring to the discussion starter saying that he only had his one car and needed the other soon. Times might be different now I guess I'm in Vegas and Airport rates are always cheaper I remember renting small compacts for $25-$35 a day..

Registered
Ordered 2022 PacHy Pinnacle (Red), D1 build first week December.
Pro tip: you can rent a vehicle for a weekly (maybe even monthly?) rate if you don鈥檛 know how long you鈥檒l need it and then just return it early if you are done with it. They鈥檒l prorate the weekly rate if you do it. Obviously double-check with the rental agreement before relying on that, but I鈥檝e done it for work many times. My guess is that, if you tried it with every rental and you rented frequently, they might give you a hard time. But it鈥檚 no problem to do it now and then in my own experience.

Banned
I tried to get a rental at the Atlanta airport a few weeks ago, it was going to be $300+ for one day, for a sub-compact economy car....
Yeah that is a total and complete ridiculous ripoff I can't even believe they can look somebody in the eye and do that

Registered
Yeah I think I was referring to the discussion starter saying that he only had his one car and needed the other soon. Times might be different now I guess I'm in Vegas and Airport rates are always cheaper I remember renting small compacts for $25-$35 a day..
I remember upgrading my auto insurance to cover $35/day and that would have gotten you a loaded full sized sedan or midsized SUV!
I tried to get a rental at the Atlanta airport a few weeks ago, it was going to be $300+ for one day, for a sub-compact economy car....
That鈥檚 insane! I rented a couple of times earlier in the year over there and it was less than $200 for the weekend. That鈥檚 nuts.

Registered
At those crazy high rental rates it might be worth it to just buy another beater off of craigslist or facebook and just sell it again when you get your van back. The way the used car market is right now (and the foreseeable future) you could probably get out of it darn near what you paid for it so you'd essentially use it for free.

Banned
At those crazy high rental rates it might be worth it to just buy another beater off of craigslist or facebook and just sell it again when you get your van back. The way the used car market is right now (and the foreseeable future) you could probably get out of it darn near what you paid for it so you'd essentially use it for free.
That makes sense but even a 1989 Yugo that drops a quart of oil every two blocks is almost $5k

Registered
I must have a thing for recommending junk yards, man if it wasn't a warranty repair I'd toss a junk yard part at it, still would need to go to the dealer or garage to have them run the ABS bleed.

Rectangle Azure Font Slope Parallel

Banned
Its a really bad time for this. I have dragged my feet on putting our Pacifica in to have the worsensing suspension clunk fixed because they don't have loaners either and just a rental vehicle that would be sized for my family will cost probably $500 for the couple days it will be there. When you figure the extended times to get parts, its like a perfect storm.

I think this may be my last non-luxury branded vehicle. At least with premium branded vehicles you always have a loaner car.

Banned
Put mine in for the front suspension clunk. Miraculously they had a Pacifica loaner for me!

Banned
鉁 Let us know what the Clunk Was.
Supposedly "the accessory battery was disconnected and the lead was clunking around", my wife picked it up. I'll drive it around tomorrow but I'd be shocked if that solved the issue.

So supposedly that has always been disconnected...

Banned
Went out and drove it, shocker the clunk is still there. Will have to put it BACK in next week. What a huge PITA...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts