2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone have their engine overheat from low coolant levels? My 2018 Pacifica (~40K miles) coolant level seems to drop slowly and causes the engine to overheat. This happens after a couple of months. I don't see any sign of leaks in my garage from under the car. I am not sure if the coolant leaks from somewhere very slowly when we are driving the car. Any ideas?

·
Banned
25 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Touring L
Did anyone have their engine overheat from low coolant levels? My 2018 Pacifica (~40K miles) coolant level seems to drop slowly and causes the engine to overheat. This happens after a couple of months. I don't see any sign of leaks in my garage from under the car. I am not sure if the coolant leaks from somewhere very slowly when we are driving the car. Any ideas?
Probably leaking into the engine. It’s a closed system so it doesn’t just disappear, it goes somewhere. Maybe a bad head gasket.

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,112 Posts
This appears to be a growing problem as more and more Pacificas age past their powertrain warranties. At the end of the first post in this thread are some interesting links on the subject.

Depending on the date your Pacifica was put in service, yours might still be covered by the 5 year/60k mile powertrain warranty. If true, it would be best to get it into a Chrysler dealer ASAP.

Reactions: DoninDel
1 - 3 of 3 Posts