2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I have new Pacifica Touring 2020 van with Single Rear Overhead DVD System (not theater system). This is the DVD system on the ceiling of 2nd row seating and not theater system with behind-the-seat screens. My overhead system plays DVD fine. It has USB and HDMI ports on the back side of the DVD system. I want to play movies via USB flash drive files. My questions are multiple:

1) Which format USB flash drive I need to use to play movies on the DVD system? I played .mp4 movies using FAT32 format. What about - would it support exFAT and/or NTFS files? Also what other movie format would it support? I can not find anything in any user or DVD manuals. Where is such information?

2) The .mp4 movie files play in continuous mode meaning one after another without giving me chance to select which .mp4 movie I want to select and play. How do I do sequence and select particular .mp4 movie that I want to play. Ideally I would like to create a separate folder for each movie and select folder and play movie from there. Any tools out there?

3) Is there particular naming convention I need to use for files name. I read somewhere that if you are using FAT32, your flash drive volume name and all files/folder names need to be short with no space. This is operating system FAT32 limitation. Something like that...

4) Can you also play movies (select files) without using remote controller. How?

I will continue to experiment but want to know if there are solutions out there. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring S Package, Cold Weather, Overhead DVD, Ceramic Gray
2 Posts
Were you able to figure it out? Can you stream or hook up a firestick if you wanted and ran off a hotspot?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi folks,

I have new Pacifica Touring 2020 van with Single Rear Overhead DVD System (not theater system). This is the DVD system on the ceiling of 2nd row seating and not theater system with behind-the-seat screens. My overhead system plays DVD fine. It has USB and HDMI ports on the back side of the DVD system. I want to play movies via USB flash drive files. My questions are multiple:

1) Which format USB flash drive I need to use to play movies on the DVD system? I played .mp4 movies using FAT32 format. What about - would it support exFAT and/or NTFS files? Also what other movie format would it support? I can not find anything in any user or DVD manuals. Where is such information?

2) The .mp4 movie files play in continuous mode meaning one after another without giving me chance to select which .mp4 movie I want to select and play. How do I do sequence and select particular .mp4 movie that I want to play. Ideally I would like to create a separate folder for each movie and select folder and play movie from there. Any tools out there?

3) Is there particular naming convention I need to use for files name. I read somewhere that if you are using FAT32, your flash drive volume name and all files/folder names need to be short with no space. This is operating system FAT32 limitation. Something like that...

4) Can you also play movies (select files) without using remote controller. How?

I will continue to experiment but want to know if there are solutions out there. Thank you in advance.
Hello, I have the same overhead MOPAR system and have had good luck of transcoding the files as MKV files using the Handbrake settings for the UConnect system. There is a settings preset file floating around the forum.
E

1 - 3 of 3 Posts