2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,304 Posts
What were the sound system options for the current generation Pacifica?

If you want good to great sound which do you recommend I look for?
When you say current generation, do you mean 2021+ models? Regardless, I say opt for the base audio system (only available with the lower Touring /Touring L trims) and upgrade to aftermarket components. You'll be a lot happier for far less money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess 2018/2019 thru 2021.

With integrates Uconnect radio and CarPlay I don’t want to mess with adding a head unit, amplifier and speakers. I’m going used so if I can pick one with the premium sound that’s what I’ll look for.

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
389 Posts
My 22 limited with the Harmon Kardon system is very good. By far the best sounding audio system I've had in a car and much better than the Alpine system in my 2021 Ram 1500.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I guess 2018/2019 thru 2021.

With integrates Uconnect radio and CarPlay I don’t want to mess with adding a head unit, amplifier and speakers. I’m going used so if I can pick one with the premium sound that’s what I’ll look for.
You can net a huge improvement in sound by just upgrading the speakers. FWIW our van with the base audio system and upgraded speakers sounds better and gets louder than my brother's van with the Alpine system.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
341 Posts
The 19 speaker Harman Kardon was an option, on my 2021 Hybrid Limited, but I don't have it and I have the (included/standard) premium system which is actually an Alpine system & 13 speakers.
It sounds pretty **** good actually, for what it is.

A "base" Pacifica system will have 6 speakers, in comparison.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Which system, 6 or 13 speakers? Which speakers did you change to?
Our van has the base 6-speaker audio system. Here's a link to my install thread. I installed these in the dash and front doors: Kenwood Excelon KFC-XP6903C
I installed these in the rear sliding doors: Kicker 46CSC6934

The Kickers are a very tight fit in the sliding doors. I've recently been having some issues with one of them cutting in and out. I need to remove the trim panel to investigate, but it seems like I have a weak connection somewhere. It's possible that the speaker may be damaged because it's such a tight tight. The speaker will start working again if I give the door a firm tap. If I find the speaker is bad, I'm probably going to install another set of Kenwood Excelon KFC-XP6903C in the sliding doors like I originally wanted to.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
341 Posts
The Touring L Plus came standard with the DVD and rear 10.1” screens “Theater”? The Limited it’s an add on?
YES, the "Uconnect Theater" was always an option to get the rear screens on the Limited -- which I have on mine.
And then the Harman Kardon stereo was a separate option as well (for prior years).

For 2022 though....the HK stereo is/was standard on the Limited, and then the Uconnect Theater Group was still an option.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YES, the "Uconnect Theater" was always an option to get the rear screens on the Limited -- which I have on mine.
And then the Harman Kardon stereo was a separate option as well (for prior years).

For 2022 though....the HK stereo is/was standard on the Limited, and then the Uconnect Theater Group was still an option.
Do you need the Theater? Grandkids use theTablet or Nintendo Switch but would be nice to play/stream a movie to the passengers. Used to use a portable DVD player with a TV in the Conversion Van years ago.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The speakers are only going to as good as the amp. Speakers will change the sound a tad but it’s the amp dynamics that ultimately change everything .
There's some truth to this, but I don't think it's applicable to the Pacifica. The factory amps for every system (base, Alpine, HK) are powerful enough to drive most aftermarket speakers with ease. The speakers in this case make a huge difference. Defeating ANC and flattening the factory EQ curve will also make a noticeable difference, but it's not worth the additional investment for most folks IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's some truth to this, but I don't think it's applicable to the Pacifica. The factory amps for every system (base, Alpine, HK) are powerful enough to drive most aftermarket speakers with ease. The speakers in this case make a huge difference. Defeating ANC and flattening the factory EQ curve will also make a noticeable difference, but it's not worth the additional investment for most folks IMO.
What is ANC?

Not sure how Chrysler does there audio design but I suspect they hav Alpime and HK measure, design and EQ the audio. I knew a guy that worked for Bose and he worked on a Corvette years ago. It’s very difficult to beat the acoustics if your dealing with the Premium audio. The basic one is normally all cost and I have put in a new head unit and Vifa speakers on the big van in the past.

Now I just get the Premium option with integrates radio/displays.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
What is ANC?

Not sure how Chrysler does there audio design but I suspect they hav Alpime and HK measure, design and EQ the audio. I knew a guy that worked for Bose and he worked on a Corvette years ago. It’s very difficult to beat the acoustics if your dealing with the Premium audio. The basic one is normally all cost and I have put in a new head unit and Vifa speakers on the big van in the past.

Now I just get the Premium option with integrates radio/displays.
ANC is active noise cancelling. You don't need to disable ANC if you're just upgrading the regular speakers, but it's definitely necessary if you're installing a subwoofer. These days you don't replace the factory radio unless you have a specific reason to do so. In most newer vehicles the radio's screen is the central user interface. As a result it's very expensive to replace the original radio with an aftermarket replacement. Integration components in addition to the new radio are almost always required to keep 100% functionality.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
341 Posts
Do you need the Theater? Grandkids use theTablet or Nintendo Switch but would be nice to play/stream a movie to the passengers. Used to use a portable DVD player with a TV in the Conversion Van years ago.
Did I? Probably not. I didn't order the van, it was all they had & I took it last October. (It had the S Package, which is what I mainly wanted)
The kids sometimes use them though, but we've only taken one short road trip. Outside of that is just quick/short trips around town and they don't get used.

Now if you're looking for a 2022.....the rear screens have a been a sh*t show as to them working, & there's no fix for them from Chrysler yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What were the sound system options for the current generation Pacifica?

If you want good to great sound which do you recommend I look for?
I listened to all 3 systems when trying to decide a few years ago (2019). The Alpine is a noticeable upgrade/improvement over the base system, and worth the money IMO. The H&K system is noticeably better than the Alpine buuuut it wasn't worth the extra $2/3K fee IMO. It's the classic law of diminishing returns in the audio world...

It's unclear to me what the current audio options are. A quick perusal of the chrysler.com site shows maybe just the 6 speaker base and the 19 speaker H&K? If that's the case then I'd probably fork over the cash for the upgrade.

-John

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I listened to all 3 systems when trying to decide a few years ago (2019). The Alpine is a noticeable upgrade/improvement over the base system, and worth the money IMO. The H&K system is noticeably better than the Alpine buuuut it wasn't worth the extra $2/3K fee IMO. It's the classic law of diminishing returns in the audio world...

It's unclear to me what the current audio options are. A quick perusal of the chrysler.com site shows maybe just the 6 speaker base and the 19 speaker H&K? If that's the case then I'd probably fork over the cash for the upgrade.

-John
I believe it’s 13 Soeaker Alpine and 19 Speaker HK.
Since I plan on going with a used 2019 or 2020 Is pay an extra grand for the HK top of the line.

Trying to figure out if I should go with a Touring L and some years has a Tourinf L Plus over a Limited.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did I? Probably not. I didn't order the van, it was all they had & I took it last October. (It had the S Package, which is what I mainly wanted)
The kids sometimes use them though, but we've only taken one short road trip. Outside of that is just quick/short trips around town and they don't get used.

Now if you're looking for a 2022.....the rear screens have a been a sh*t show as to them working, & there's no fix for them from Chrysler yet.
Interested in 2019 or 2020. What did the S Package give you and what base was it available at? I think they changed the S seats to Red which I’m not a fan of.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid Limited "S"
341 Posts
Interested in 2019 or 2020. What did the S Package give you and what base was it available at? I think they changed the S seats to Red which I’m not a fan of.
The "S" Package basically gave you black exterior trim and then a ALL black interior & black seats, and it could've been added to any trim I believe (I believe).
The "Red S" Package gave you the red seats

1 - 20 of 20 Posts