2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just thought I would introduce myself here before heading off to post about some teething issues.

I picked up my factory ordered Pacifica Limited on Friday, and generally the wife, kids and I all love it. With a new addition to the family in September we had pretty much only two choices in a van style and the Pacifica was head and shoulders above the competition. Our old faithful SUV was retired and swapped for something that hopefully won't need a fuel stop every few days.

I've not put that many kilometres (yup, rural Canada here) on the clock yet (130 - mostly getting it home from the dealer), but that will change soon enough with the daily school run.

Anyway, we've been having some issues with the auto high beams and the stop start seems to be missing (I'll post in the problem section about that), otherwise this has been a great purchase so far.

~MrBasset

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't have start/stop on my Limited either although I've read articles saying the new Pentastar engine used in the Pacifica is supposed to at some point. I don't think I'd like it anyway because engines shutting off at stop signs kinda creeps me out, haha. I've had a few of those.

There's another thread coving IIHS crash testing of the Pacifica. Supposedly September builds and later get a beefier upper door hinge to earn that "Plus" rating. I posted a picture of my July built upper hinge in that thread. Could you compare it to your hinge and let us know if yours is noticeable different. Post pictures if you can but just a "mines bigger" response is okay too.

Welcome to the forum, MrBasset

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I might have misunderstood what you meant by start/stop. Are you talking about the engine shutting off at traffic lights to save gas (which we don't have yet but supposedly it may be coming) or about the Automatic Cruise Control's ability to brake to a complete stop then start up again? we can discuss in your other thread...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts