2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a Pacifica FOB cover of some kind to give some protection against drops. Has anybody found anything? Ive looked on Amazon and Ebay and havent found anything.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It only has one chamber for the key fob. A few bills folded into quarter would fit inside, but a credit card won't. It's outside dimensions are 3.5" x 2" x 0.75" (LxWxD). I like the case, after 9 months of usage, my key fob is still clean and scratch fee. :)

FYI, Here's the wallet I use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EFGBJEK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's outside dimensions are 4.5"x3.1"x1.1" (LxWxD). This one supposedly blocks RFID, but I haven't tested it. Yes, my wallet and key fob case are basically the same thing, just different sizes... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hehe... I think @Bond007 was just kidding.

"Is that a Pacifica remote key fob in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
369 Posts
It only has one chamber for the key fob. A few bills folded into quarter would fit inside, but a credit card won't. It's outside dimensions are 3.5" x 2" x 0.75" (LxWxD). I like the case, after 9 months of usage, my key fob is still clean and scratch fee. :)

FYI, Here's the wallet I use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EFGBJEK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's outside dimensions are 4.5"x3.1"x1.1" (LxWxD). This one supposedly blocks RFID, but I haven't tested it. Yes, my wallet and key fob case are basically the same thing, just different sizes... ;)
By the way, if you're not in a hurry go ahead and order from eBay. Expect shipping to take a month but can't beat the prices.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Key Fob signal blocker

I was concerned about the same thing. I wasn't able to get a reply from Chrysler, so I ended up buying the SilentPocket key fob guard for $20. I received them about a week before I received my Pacifica and they work. I put the key inside and buttoned it closed. The car was unable to detect the key fob. I think I could have saved myself $20 though because, as I was going through all of the settings on the UConnect, I found that there is an option to disable passive entry.

Speaking of key fob cases, is it worth buying one that blocks signals? Not sure if FCA is open to hacks like these but it seem likely they would be.

wired.com/2017/04/just-pair-11-radio-gadgets-can-steal-car

·
Registered
169 Posts
Finally some silicone fob cases for the Pacifica:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts