2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L, Gas, 8 seats. 2nd Owner, purchased 11/20
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached is an image of the Pacifica lifting points. Does location #2 at the front of the vehicle correspond to the indented area I'm point to in the additional photos? I'd like to use this area for a jack stand to catch the van in the unlikely situation my floor jack used at location #1 fails.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is actually jack point arrows beside front lower cladding . And word of advice for jacking or Jack stands . Utilize body seam lines by Jack point positions , as ultimately they are the strongest points for support .
Thanks CanadaHybridGuy, are there arrows on the cladding for location #2? I found the arrows and utilize location #1 for jacking

·
Registered
168 Posts
What are you lifting it for? If just for oil changes, I highly recommend ramps - I used to use jacks and stands but once I bought ramps I'll never go back. Just don't forget to chock your rear wheels ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jack it up same location utilizing body seam welds under rear pass doors furthest point back wore the rear tire . Just follow the seam of underside body lines .
I jack the vehicle using the #1 locations (body seams). Trying to learn what the #2 locations are

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are you lifting it for? If just for oil changes, I highly recommend ramps - I used to use jacks and stands but once I bought ramps I'll never go back. Just don't forget to chock your rear wheels ;)
Ramps would be great, unfortunately it would hit overhead garage door. Also ramps disallow work that requires wheel removal.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I jack the vehicle using the #1 locations (body seams). Trying to learn what the #2 locations are
Both jacking locations are shown location #1 on your diagram - the seam welds, not the bolt you are pointing to in the photo. The manual for my 2018 does not show lift points (#2) identified in your diagram. Is that from the owners manual?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My interpretation of that picture is that location #2 are the tires themselves. It looks like the black outline is around the tire contact patch.

Not a good place for jack stands, unfortunately.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My interpretation of that picture is that location #2 are the tires themselves. It looks like the black outline is around the tire contact patch.

Not a good place for jack stands, unfortunately.
I think you're right, thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts