2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tell many times my experience that Im just tired.
I purchased a new Chrysler Pacifica 2018 earlier this year. July 19th to be exact.
I love the vehicle, my kids love it its beautiful and I was very happy about my purchase.

But, back in October 2nd my van won't start, I took it to the dealer they return my vehicle the next day but on the 5th same issue so I took it back to the dealer.

Since then it's been on the dealer, I have no idea how many repairs they have attempt and every time I call them to find out the status the service guy tells me that they are still working on it.
I already contacted Mopar about it and no response whatsoever, emailed the owner of the dealer and nothing.
I don't know what to do at this point, any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-14 at 1.44.33 PM(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-11-14 at 1.44.33 PM(1).jpeg

·
Registered
629 Posts
Weird, what did they say and do about the battery? And the aux battery if you have ESS? When was it manufactured and how many miles was on it when you got in in July?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It had 162 miles when I purchased it. They said nothing about the batteries, the first repair that was done was an electric pump.

·
Registered
458 Posts
It had 162 miles when I purchased it. They said nothing about the batteries, the first repair that was done was an electric pump.
You could also check your state’s lemon laws and perhaps threaten to force a buyback. I think it’s different from one state to the next. But I’ve heard that in some states if it’s been in the shop for more than a month during the first year after purchase you have a case.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thanks. A 2018 could have been made anywhere from around fall of 2017 to summer of 2018, which means it was on their lot for at least a year. The door sticker will tell us exactly when it was made. Having 162 miles is actually good since the batteries were presumably being used occasionally. But I'm highly suspecting hosed batteries. Do you have ESS?

And what was the electric pump for?

·
Registered
629 Posts
You could also check your state’s lemon laws and perhaps threaten to force a buyback. I think it’s different from one state to the next. But I’ve heard that in some states if it’s been in the shop for more than a month during the first year after purchase you have a case.
For what is possibly just a bad battery?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I bet
Thanks. A 2018 could have been made anywhere from around fall of 2017 to summer of 2018, which means it was on their lot for at least a year. The door sticker will tell us exactly when it was made. Having 162 miles is actually good since the batteries were presumably being used occasionally. But I'm highly suspecting hosed batteries. Do you have ESS?

And what was the electric pump for?
The pictures he provided are from a hybrid.

I bet replacing the 12-volt battery would have fixed his problem instantly. The dealer has no clue about this car if they are changing out pumps and the instrument cluster is CLEARLY showing the 12-volt battery has problems.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've tell many times my experience that Im just tired.
I purchased a new Chrysler Pacifica 2018 earlier this year. July 19th to be exact.
I love the vehicle, my kids love it its beautiful and I was very happy about my purchase.

But, back in October 2nd my van won't start, I took it to the dealer they return my vehicle the next day but on the 5th same issue so I took it back to the dealer.

Since then it's been on the dealer, I have no idea how many repairs they have attempt and every time I call them to find out the status the service guy tells me that they are still working on it.
I already contacted Mopar about it and no response whatsoever, emailed the owner of the dealer and nothing.
I don't know what to do at this point, any feedback will be greatly appreciated. View attachment 42677 View attachment 42677 View attachment 42677
99% sure replacing your 12-volt battery would have fixed your problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like the same problem I had. My hybrid just acting wierd and wouldn't start. I had to replace my aux battery myself and not it's perfect. I also bought a 2018 in 2019.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like the same problem I had. My hybrid just acting wierd and wouldn't start. I had to replace my aux battery myself and not it's perfect. I also bought a 2018 in 2019.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
:unsure:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also bought a 20018 on March 30, 2019. Only 15 miles on it when we got it. I am sure it had sat for at least a year. Similarly, we really liked it. Then on Sept 25, after 5000 miles, it would not start, could not be jump started. Had to be towed. They replaced the 12V battery, it would then start and charged properly two times, but on the 3rd, it died again. A week later, Chrysler's STAR team (basically engineering) diagnosed it as a hybrid battery failure. I could not get an answer on when they could source a hybrid battery. Finally, I wrote to the Chrysler CEO. He assigned a very helpful lady to manage the case. But in the end, it took a total of 54 days to get the car back. They they did provide a rental after a while and made some other concessions that helped compensate for the hassle. Eventually, I feel like they stood behind the car, and got it fixed. It was not tracking that way before I reached out to the CEO. Not sure if this is the end of it. The only sure lesson is that not only can the 12 volt battery go bad from sitting, the big hybrid battery can also. My wife loves the car and was so happy to get it back. I just hope this is the end of it and all goes well from here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also bought a 20018 on March 30, 2019. Only 15 miles on it when we got it. I am sure it had sat for at least a year. Similarly, we really liked it. Then on Sept 25, after 5000 miles, it would not start, could not be jump started. Had to be towed. They replaced the 12V battery, it would then start and charged properly two times, but on the 3rd, it died again. A week later, Chrysler's STAR team (basically engineering) diagnosed it as a hybrid battery failure. I could not get an answer on when they could source a hybrid battery. Finally, I wrote to the Chrysler CEO. He assigned a very helpful lady to manage the case. But in the end, it took a total of 54 days to get the car back. They they did provide a rental after a while and made some other concessions that helped compensate for the hassle. Eventually, I feel like they stood behind the car, and got it fixed. It was not tracking that way before I reached out to the CEO. Not sure if this is the end of it. The only sure lesson is that not only can the 12 volt battery go bad from sitting, the big hybrid battery can also. My wife loves the car and was so happy to get it back. I just hope this is the end of it and all goes well from here.
I just had my 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited die last night in a restaurant parking lot after dinner. Roughly 16,500 miles on it (purchased 6/7/19 with 494 miles on it, brand new). It would "turn on" but complain that to start the engine, the brake needs to be stepped on (if I was stepping any harder, my foot would have gone through the floor). Repeated attempts, including the push-with-the-key-fob, didn't work at all. The vehicle after a couple of minutes had (both inside & outside) a burning smell (couldn't tell if it was a plastic/wire burning smell or a chemical type smell). Obviously, I ceased immediately & called Chrysler Roadside Assistance (or whatever they call it).

Chrysler originally sent out a flatbed tow. Unfortunately, the car was front-in to the space, against a curb that had a lightpole right in front. Since the car couldn't be started, couldn't put it into neutral, so the flatbed couldn't do anything. So, had to call back to Chrysler who was able to arrange (not without some miscommunication, but, know everybody was trying to do the right thing) a wheel lift tow with dollies to be able to pull the car out. The vehicle was ultimately towed this afternoon (broke down yesterday evening), again, no fault of anybody's for miscommunication.

Once the vehicle got to the dealership, they had to push it into the service bay after the tow truck dropped it. They're in the process of diagnosing it now and luckily have already arranged a rental for me. But, I admit, I am worried that it might be the hybrid battery, based on what I've seen here plus the smell. I'm hoping that they'll be able to diagnose it quickly and see about getting the thing repaired. Of course, having it happen Thanksgiving Week has me worried, but so far, I will say that the dealership has been right on trying to get things figured. They did tell me, though, that while they've got at least a couple of Hybrid trained techs, this is actually the first Hybrid that's required servicing for what appears to be a hybrid system problem.

I'll keep everybody updated, including @ChryslerCares and we'll see what happens!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just had my 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited die last night in a restaurant parking lot after dinner. Roughly 16,500 miles on it (purchased 6/7/19 with 494 miles on it, brand new). It would "turn on" but complain that to start the engine, the brake needs to be stepped on (if I was stepping any harder, my foot would have gone through the floor). Repeated attempts, including the push-with-the-key-fob, didn't work at all. The vehicle after a couple of minutes had (both inside & outside) a burning smell (couldn't tell if it was a plastic/wire burning smell or a chemical type smell). Obviously, I ceased immediately & called Chrysler Roadside Assistance (or whatever they call it).

Chrysler originally sent out a flatbed tow. Unfortunately, the car was front-in to the space, against a curb that had a lightpole right in front. Since the car couldn't be started, couldn't put it into neutral, so the flatbed couldn't do anything. So, had to call back to Chrysler who was able to arrange (not without some miscommunication, but, know everybody was trying to do the right thing) a wheel lift tow with dollies to be able to pull the car out. The vehicle was ultimately towed this afternoon (broke down yesterday evening), again, no fault of anybody's for miscommunication.

Once the vehicle got to the dealership, they had to push it into the service bay after the tow truck dropped it. They're in the process of diagnosing it now and luckily have already arranged a rental for me. But, I admit, I am worried that it might be the hybrid battery, based on what I've seen here plus the smell. I'm hoping that they'll be able to diagnose it quickly and see about getting the thing repaired. Of course, having it happen Thanksgiving Week has me worried, but so far, I will say that the dealership has been right on trying to get things figured. They did tell me, though, that while they've got at least a couple of Hybrid trained techs, this is actually the first Hybrid that's required servicing for what appears to be a hybrid system problem.

I'll keep everybody updated, including @ChryslerCares and we'll see what happens!
On Wednesday the dealership said that they had to charge the 12v battery but that everything seemed to be good. They asked if they could keep it until Friday (since Thursday was Thanksgiving) just to double check it, which of course I agreed to.

They called this morning to tell me when they checked the PacHy today they found that it was dead as a doornail again. They're bringing it back inside to see if they can figure out where the short might be that's causing problems.

@ChryslerCares perhaps I should be involving you folks at this time for some guidance or assistance for the dealership? Does anybody have any recommendations on what the smell might indicate that perhaps the dealership isn't thinking of, since they said that they have not noted any smell?

Lastly, does anybody know how to put the PacHy in neutral if it won't start? Had I known that, I would have been able to get the vehicle towed about 18 hours earlier than it finally was.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
i had the EXACT SAME ISSUES, so far. i am in talks with Chrysler Cares, they have escalated the case.
Aux Pump broken twice, AGM battery dead on cold day, sun visor bulbs broken,
i still have couple of more issues, minor rattling noise and a loose hanging rear end of car undercover, which is still yet to investigate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts