2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have placed an order for Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle 2022 on Feb-22-22, it's been almost 5+ months and haven't heard anything from dealer or any update on the website. Order status is shown as "Order Confirmed" since Feb and there is no other way for me to follow-up.

Dealer is not responding and always asking me to keep checking the online status.

Could anyone from the group suggest any better options or a wayto follow-up on my order?

TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Call around to dealers and ask if they have any incoming units that have been built and are in transit . Just make sure your open to various models options and colour , interior and exterior , combos to make choices easier

·
Registered
'22 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
77 Posts
Note that this is the same story I'm hearing no matter what the vehicle or manufacturer is. People are being told that ordering a vehicle that's not on the lot is anywhere from 8-24 months depending on what it is.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Note that this is the same story I'm hearing no matter what the vehicle or manufacturer is. People are being told that ordering a vehicle that's not on the lot is anywhere from 8-24 months depending on what it is.
The dealer doesn't want to take the blame for the manufacturer, so they have to make longer ETA. Chrysler is the only hybrid vehicle I've heard of that doesn't have markup fee. Toyota is playing game of "markup market", CA$10,000 markup for 18 months waiting, that's crazy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi All,

I have placed an order for Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle 2022 on Feb-22-22, it's been almost 5+ months and haven't heard anything from dealer or any update on the website. Order status is shown as "Order Confirmed" since Feb and there is no other way for me to follow-up.

Dealer is not responding and always asking me to keep checking the online status.

Could anyone from the group suggest any better options or a wayto follow-up on my order?

TIA
At least you still have other ways to check, dealer is the only way that we can check in Canada

·
Registered
221 Posts
The dealer doesn't want to take the blame for the manufacturer, so they have to make longer ETA. Chrysler is the only hybrid vehicle I've heard of that doesn't have markup fee. Toyota is playing game of "markup market", CA$10,000 markup for 18 months waiting, that's crazy.
They may not be marking up the price over MSRP, but Chrysler has raised the MSRP of the PACHY considerably even just this year, not counting the increase from last year.

In general price ranges by year:

2017: $41,995 - $44,995
2018: $39,995 - $44,995
2019: $40,245 - $45,795
2020: $39,995 - $45,845
2021: $43,605 -$54,490
2022: $49,000 - $58,050

That's a 22% to 25% increase in MSRP in just the past 2 years.

EDIT: Comparing directly to the Toyota Sienna (which includes the Hybrid).

2019: $31,315 - $49,090
2020: $31,640 - $49,415
2021: $34,460 - $50,460
2022: $35,285 - $51,485

That's a 4% to 11% increase in MSRP in the past 2 years.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
They may not be marking up the price over MSRP, but Chrysler has raised the MSRP of the PACHY considerably even just this year, not counting the increase from last year.

In general price ranges by year:

2017: $41,995 - $44,995
2018: $39,995 - $44,995
2019: $40,245 - $45,795
2020: $39,995 - $45,845
2021: $43,605 -$54,490
2022: $49,000 - $58,050

That's a 22% to 25% increase in MSRP in just the past 2 years.

EDIT: Comparing directly to the Toyota Sienna (which includes the Hybrid).

2019: $31,315 - $49,090
2020: $31,640 - $49,415
2021: $34,460 - $50,460
2022: $35,285 - $51,485

That's a 4% to 11% increase in MSRP in the past 2 years.
The difference is one is a phev and one’s a hev , one also has ability to get you a tax credit savings , big difference .

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had a customer wait one full year for his loaded 3500 dually. Delivered it last month.
I ordered two Pacifica Touring-L AWD Jan 14, 2022 and they are in BX status.
My Grand Cherokee L Limited was flipped to a 2023 a month ago and it has hit D status.

Jameson22: Were you given a VON?
Landshark's order should have a VIN now. If one can get that VIN you can use it to search for window stickers and option lists.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a customer wait one full year for his loaded 3500 dually. Delivered it last month.
My Grand Cherokee L Limited was flipped to a 2023 a month ago and it has hit D status.

Landshark's order should have a VIN now. If one can get that VIN you can use it to search for window stickers and option lists.
Jerith, it may be different in Canada and USA but when your Grand Cherokee was flipped to a 2023 did you get a notice and were you able to see/tell if there were any changes in options/price caused by the model year flip?
Also, do you know if you already have a VIN do you get a new one and do you keep your current place in line?

·
Registered
221 Posts

Thanks, yeah I've had a VIN# since 5 days after I put the order in (so since May13th I've had a VIN#).

I've been checking the window sticker and build sheet links using my VIN, but nothing has shown up.

·
Registered
119 Posts

I've had a VIN and on "D" status since May 25th, scheduling priority is 1-sold order on POC, but still can't find window stickers and option lists, the order actully placed on Sep 2021 by dealer, I don't get FCA's production logic, it looks so messy.

·
Registered
425 Posts
MKMill, Tan, and Landshark.
My VIN for the 2023 Grand Cherokee works. It hasn't changed from D to D1 yet but the VIN is semi-live. No factory invoice delivered yet.
This works for me but might not work for you. I'm curious what happens with VINs destined for different States of the USA.
http://ccdw.chryslercanada.ca/windowstickerca/getWindowStickerPdf.do?acode=&vin=INSERT VIN HERE

This is a standard Window Sticker lookup site. I do not have a black and white sticker yet. That usually shows up when I am issued a factory invoice.
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=INSERT VIN HERE

I won't add my Jeep VIN to those examples as it reveals some data. In accordance to the site rules. I'm not trying to sell this here. :)

ButchC: I received no notice. I check the status of the orders page at least three or four times a day. Then POOF. It was changed to a 2023 with no prices listed for a few days. It now has the MSRP shown. (Actually, after re-reading this I do remember a 'order corrections over the weekend' warning from the district manager emails. It was a reminder to print and check the orders now to compare the 2023 VON on Monday sort of thing.)
Once the VIN is assigned at D status it is pretty solid that it will be built. They have the parts lined up. It usually takes less than two weeks for them to figure out when to slap steel together to make it a D1 status order. That estimated time is usually two or three weeks from production. Chrysler has the right to shut down a pre-D status order at any time by switching the status back a step. They can also increase the price of an un-sold order to as much as they want (Until the vehicle is unloaded on the lot.). Those estimates only work if there is no assembly line stoppage of course.

ORmom: There is a problem there. The order, if valid, should have been flipped if your name was attached. I suspect that the VON was deleted. If I were you I would contact that dealership, if you want to buy from them still. Maybe someone was fired and just didn't give a cra p. Fell though the cracks possibly. I'm sorry to hear that if that is the case. Hit that build and price section of the US Chrysler website.

For everyone. Download a PDF Brochure | Chrysler Canada This is the site that releases the Canadian model brochures. (Would a US brochure not include metric? It won't show L/100 km?) So far, on that site, only the 2023 Wrangler brochure has been published. I think printed brochures haven't been available for two years now? They ARE still printing the Mopar Options brochure for each model. So I have a QR site link taped up beside them pointing to the main brochure page.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks, yeah I've had a VIN# since 5 days after I put the order in (so since May13th I've had a VIN#).

I've been checking the window sticker and build sheet links using my VIN, but nothing has shown up.
These are the links I've been checking and still have no status updates or info.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Building less expense vehicles , new Pacifica and old Pacifica ( aka caravan ) let’s the company build more robust and obtains a higher profit margin . Wanna let those leasing and rental agencies are paying through their nose for vehicles currently . And let’s not forget allocation of “ chips “ , parts , whatever people want to call it are for RAM and JEEP , where the $$$$$ just flows and flows , okay chargers and challengers . So “ your Pacifica” becomes the ******* child of the corporation.
Hood Automotive design Gadget Automotive lighting Audio equipment

1 - 20 of 131 Posts