2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited (Gas), Black, Customer Preferred Package 27P, Build Date 03-2020
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've driven Rams for years and always had problems hauling doors and other items the were 6' long. No problem with the Pacifica. Even my wife was impressed with the interior hauling capacity of the Pacifica versus a short bed Ram. I had a door and frame t haul to my son's house...Pacifica handled it with ease in the driving rain...would have been all wet with my previous Ram.

FCA got this part right...now they need to keep working on quality/reliability improvement (no problems with mine so am simply indicating the fact FCA vehicles are typically at the bottom of the quality/reliability scale).

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Welcome to the enlightened club.

Reactions: NorthStar1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our friends laugh at us all the time - I'm in my late 20s and my husband is in his early 30s. They said "why get the van when you already have a Pilot? That should fit everyone just fine." Yeah, if the teenagers could sit for long trips in the third row of the Pilot with their knees touching their chins...

But who do they call first when they get a new dresser, or need some plywood picked up at Home Depot.... :rolleyes:

The versatility of the Pacifica is awesome, we love it!

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
13 Posts
I had an old Dodge Grand Caravan before my Pac. I went to move a couch for my mother in law. She said "That will never fit in there."
She was shocked that not only did it fit but the rear lift-gate closed.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Last year I bought a large heavy outdoor patio table with six chairs (two were swivel rockers) from Costco. The employee helping me wanted to know if I had a truck. When I told him it was a Chrysler minivan, he informed me that the table top box would not fit, I needed to rent a truck. I suggested he try it first. Of course the top fit, as well as the huge box that contained all six chairs, and the third box with the table legs. The hatch even closed. He was so amazed he took a picture to show the manager who had instructed him not to try to put that in anything but a truck. (I tried to hide my grin, but was not very successful.)

·
Registered
646 Posts
No question, nothing swallows tons of stuff inside like a minivan

·
Registered
398 Posts
You have summarized how I feel - I never, ever, got the idea of a pickup truck. Never could figure what I would want to put in a bed that was open to rain, theft, could be blown away.... - then there are those who answer - 'then you out a cap on it' - you mean, like the roof of a mini-van? AND you can take 2 other couples with you in complete comfort when you aren't hauling stuff.
The stow -away seats are awesome. I have had a Chrysler mini-van continuously since 1985 and the seats in the earlier ones were really heavy, and when you were done hauling and wanted seats, the seats were often left someplace else - but still, the mini-van beat a pickup.
I have hauled dirt in garbage cans in my van, glad that I didn't have a pickup where a shower would turn it into mud.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I understand the idea of a pickup truck. Yes stuff in the bed can get wet, but dirty stuff also doesnt dirty up your interior. If you're going to go buy smelly mulch or dirty sod or dirt or gravel or things like that, I would much rather they be in a truck bed than inside my Pacifica. Pickup trucks also are much more robust, powerful, capable, can tow huge amounts, etc.

Thats actually something I like about a sedan vs an SUV, and one of the reasons I still drive a sedan. I like the separate trunk, so that stuff I have in the trunk isn't part of my vehicle cabin.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
323 Posts
A few years ago we had a house built for us. It was being built about 80 minutes away from where we were living. During the build process, we started shopping locally for the vanities, sinks, toilets,electrical fixtures, appliances etc. When the time came that the builder needed these items, except for the appliances, we were amazed how much we were able to put into our Grand Caravan. And we did not even have to squish our seats forward to get this all in. A neighbour came to help load up, and when he saw the pile in the garage, he said there was no way it would all fit and we would need 2 trips. NOT!!! Awesome.

Plus getting 2 other couples or the 4 grandchildren in one vehicle was so convenient.

So when it was time to retire the Caravan, we definitely wanted another not so mini minivan. We moved up to the Pacifica because we felt we were worth something a little more luxurious, compared to the Caravan. Plus the Advanced Safety Tech package is great to have.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Way before I was interested in owning a minivan, I was trying to give away a free treadmill. Some craigslist idiot showed up in a dodge caravan minivan! Well he spent like 30 seconds folding the seats flat, treadmill folded flat and rolled right in there. Super easy too because the rear end was so low to the ground... not like my truck which feels like its 3 feet off the ground.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Even with the second row seats up, the amount of space in a van is just amazing vs a crossover or SUV. What I can put in the back of ours for a trip and still be able to see out the back window always amazes me.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
77 Posts
Totally get it! I used to borrow my wife's SUV to get lumber and big IKEA flatpacks. Driving with an 8ft 2x4 across the dash next to you isn't fun, but my Camry couldn't handle it at all. That said, the Camry Hybrid was super comfortable, quiet, and got great mileage on my daily commute.

Now I have the best of both worlds, mileage and comfort (even more!), and I can put a 4x8 sheet of plywood flat in the back of the Pacifica (once I take those heavy Hybrid 2nd row chairs out - waawaa). Even with the 2nd row still in, 8 foot lumber nests right down the center and doesn't even bang the center console when the back hatch comes down.

My only issue has been road noise from the crappy Yokohama tires, but I'm working on that this weekend.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I've driven Rams for years and always had problems hauling doors and other items the were 6' long. No problem with the Pacifica. Even my wife was impressed with the interior hauling capacity of the Pacifica versus a short bed Ram. I had a door and frame t haul to my son's house...Pacifica handled it with ease in the driving rain...would have been all wet with my previous Ram.

FCA got this part right...now they need to keep working on quality/reliability improvement (no problems with mine so am simply indicating the fact FCA vehicles are typically at the bottom of the quality/reliability scale).
Nothing beats the functionality of a van - Nothing! So glad you can see that now. #vanforlife
John

Reactions: NorthStar1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts