2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your 2017 and up Pacifica on 20 inch wheels and tires size

I wanna see what they look like,,i have set of 20s R/T off my last durango im thinking about putting on the Pacifica...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine is the limited S and it came all black with the 20 inch blacked out rims. Even the inside is all black. I would post a pic, but look at the white one and picture it all black. We bought ours at the end of 2019 and within a couple months we started a trend. It was odd.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Mine looks like every other Pacifica on 20" wheels lol

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
And that’s exactly what it’s supposed to be , oem black tire and rim package that doesn’t effect warranty, suspension or braking components.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Aftermarket wheels won't impact any of those things either, unless they're massive or something

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Aftermarket wheels and tires put stress on the suspension components as they are in spring rotating mass that are heavier than the factory tire / rim combo . The brake package as well as other components are all chosen to compliment each other as part of the vehicles business case for parts . Ask anybody knowledgeable what happens to brakes and components when you add hundreds of pounds to a vehicle .

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Aftermarket wheels and tires put stress on the suspension components as they are in spring rotating mass that are heavier than the factory tire / rim combo . The brake package as well as other components are all chosen to compliment each other as part of the vehicles business case for parts . Ask anybody knowledgeable what happens to brakes and components when you add hundreds of pounds to a vehicle .
This depends on a great many things. If you are simply putting aftermarket 20s on the Pacifica, a vehicle designed for 20s already, if anything the aftermarket wheels are probably lighter than the OEM wheels.

Now if you're going to put 22s on them thats a different story. But the wheels simply being aftermarket is not an issue.

Reactions: Bond007 and wwasbad

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
300 Posts
This depends on a great many things. If you are simply putting aftermarket 20s on the Pacifica, a vehicle designed for 20s already, if anything the aftermarket wheels are probably lighter than the OEM wheels.

Now if you're going to put 22s on them thats a different story. But the wheels simply being aftermarket is not an issue.
Absolutely correct. The 20" aftermarket wheels I have on my 2010 Mustang are actually lighter in weight than the 19" wheels I bought it with. My guess is the tires would be a wash because the OEM tires were 245/45/19 and the new tires are 255/35/20, so an inch larger in diameter but shorter sidewall. @CANADAHYBRIDGUY , switching your wheels to 20" Pacifica wheels is no different than what the OP is doing. Just because they were designed for a Pacifica, they weren't designed for the Hybrid, so . . .

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black/ Red "S" Appearance Package, PSS, 20" Foreshadow Wheels
300 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I don't know that they will fit...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those wheels are nice men...they might be jeep srt....do u have any problems as far as carrying people?no rubbing no nothing?...i have some R/T i wanna put in mines but I think the tires are 2 big...265 50 20....from durango RT...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts