2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading this, I feel much more comfortable in my decision to pull the trigger. I'm quite impressed that they went through so much work to test the Pacifica to make sure it was as near perfect as they could before releasing it. :grin2:

Today, Chrysler issued press releases talking about the testing of the new minivan, covering 3.4 million “real world” miles driven, extreme weather testing in Arizona, Nevada, and Alaska, hot-weather city traffic in Las Vegas and Los Angeles, and a run to Arizona’s Davis Dam, normally used for testing pickups. The Pacifica ran the 3,000 foot climb up Highway 68 with the air conditioner on full and towing a 3,600 trailer.

The first minivans made were loaned to FCA employees from all functions to test and evaluate, to pick up issues before vans reached customers.

Market research included talks with current and competitors’ customers in nine cities, interviews with over 3,000 drivers, 20 focus groups including children, in-home meetings, and surveys. The vans are now at dealers across the US and Canada.
Via AllPar.com

·
Registered
758 Posts
Good to know and makes me feel better about comparing the Pacifica to the long in tooth but highly loved Honda odyssey. I am heavily leaning towards the Pacifica.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts