2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a life long Ford owner and being a wise old man, married to a Chrysler retiree, we are in the market for a Pacifica. We are looking for a 2017/2018 Pacifica with low mileage. I want lots of options but I’m not that familiar with the line so I know what to get in the way of features and what to stay away from. I’m open to advise esp with engine and transmission packages and accessories. I spent 31 years in the car dealership business as a mechanic and then as a Service Manager/ Director so I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Advanced safety tech. I have a 17 Limited with AST. I love it. All pacificas have the same motor and trans. There are also Pacifica Hybrids. They have a different transmission. Some owners swear by the hybrids while some owners swear at them.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you want lots of options, Touring L Plus and Limited are the trim levels you want to look for. I would stay away from 17s as the Uncoonect system is lacking compared to the 18s and up.

Reactions: Bond007

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,066 Posts
I’m a life long Ford owner and being a wise old man, married to a Chrysler retiree, we are in the market for a Pacifica. We are looking for a 2017/2018 Pacifica with low mileage. I want lots of options but I’m not that familiar with the line so I know what to get in the way of features and what to stay away from. I’m open to advise esp with engine and transmission packages and accessories. I spent 31 years in the car dealership business as a mechanic and then as a Service Manager/ Director so I appreciate your input.
I have a 2017 Pacifica with 48,000 miles and still enjoy driving it.
Things to consider or observe:
Manufacture date (on the edge of driver's door). Some 2017s were actually built in early 2016.
Manufacture date of 9/2016 and later have a better safety rating than those built earlier in 2016. You can check the NHTSA websit for more info and crash test videos.

What warranty is included with purchase? There may be some thing that needs attention so it would be good to have a warranty to cover costs.

2017 Pacificas don't have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. If that matters to you, then you should consider a 2018+ Pacifica. Built in Navigation is nice but it requires the purchase of map updates. It doesn't update traffic conditions like phone navigation does. The phone navigation can be shown on the screen in 2018s and later using Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

Make sure the touchscreen works for climate controls, etc.
If you get a 2017, be sure to get the larger 8.4 touchscreen instead of the 5 inch or so touchscreen. It is nice to have the larger screen for the back up camera and everything else it is used for.

Check the battery or batteries (those with Engine Stop Start have an aux battery) since that is something that members have had replaced within the first three years and can cause unusual system messages when the battery is dying or dead.

Test drive at slow speeds to see if the 15 mph jolt is present or at other speeds for any transmission issues. This issue might not be present often enough to notice it on a test drive, but pay attention to the shifting of the transmission. I have had the transmission adaptations reset which helped this problem for about 10,000 miles at a time. The last time the clutch pack timing was adjusted for hopefully a more permanent fix.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
If you want lots of options, Touring L Plus and Limited are the trim levels you want to look for. I would stay away from 17s as the Uncoonect system is lacking compared to the 18s and up.
Agree with this since OP wants fully loaded car.
As @SciTchr suggested you can get 2018+ models for Apple CarPlay/ android auto to use in place of factory navigation if you are so inclined. Also you can decide if you want 8 seat version or 7 seat. You’ll lose the tripane panoramic sunroof if you get 8 seater in 2017/2018 models (remedied only recently).
Another consideration- if you want second row “stow and go” seats - only gas powered Pacifica has it. Hybrids lose that function but gain a much better and comfortable second row seat (only comes in 7 seats).
If you want vacuum cleaner- only limited version has it. But you lose spare tire in its place (some members have placed additional spare tire in second row “stow and go bins”- it fits.
Keep in mind that new Pacificas come with huge discounts especially at volume selling dealerships, sometimes that is better than a used minivan deal - anyway you look at it.
Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
361 Posts
Like others here, I would highly recommend the 2018 and up Touring L Plus. We opted for this trim over the Limited because we wanted to order lighter colored carpet (Limited only comes in Black) and did not want the electric folding rearmost seats (a problem for many). If it were me, I'd try to find one with Advanced Safety Tech and spare tire. Nice to have would be the towing package, but that may substantially limit the search. One thing you'll miss if not getting the Limited is memory seats for up to two drivers. I understand that did not became a standard feature on Touring L Plus until the 2020 model year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It really depneds on what you mean when you say alot of options, also price is critical. I just finished shopping for my wife.

Her must haves: S pkg, Color (off-white, grey, dark blue), DVD, Leather, Nav (wanted the 8.4inch screen).

On a Touring L each of those options is an additional ~$1000. It made it tough to negotiate at the dealerships because its a fairly specific build and the dealer would usually only have one.

Once i realized that most of what she wanted was standard on a Touring L Plus, it made buying one much easier. Found our 2020 Touring L Plus about 2 hrs away, for $31,777. The key was understanding what we wanted and which trim included that.

Good luck, and let me know if you need any help deciding on specific options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts