2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
We test drove an Odyssey Elite along with the Pacifica Limited, and here's what killed the Odyssey for us:

- Honda lease terms suck
- Throttle response on the Odyssey seemed extremely laggy. Lack of low end torque completely baffled me, and simply made an already heavy car feel heavier.
- Honda lease terms suck
- Although the interior design on the Odyssey was amazing, the exterior design is simply awful (especially the rear).
- Honda lease terms suck

My cousin bought an Odyssey Elite simply out of brand loyalty, and I'm convinced she regrets her decision after seeing our Pac. >:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you disregard pricing and lease rates, the Odyssey is the superior vehicle. I have test drove both and strongly prefer the Odyssey. Given the lease rates suck for the Odyssey, the Pacific does have its appeal but I think people who are generally more well off drive Odyssey's.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
If you disregard pricing and lease rates, the Odyssey is the superior vehicle. I have test drove both and strongly prefer the Odyssey. Given the lease rates suck for the Odyssey, the Pacific does have its appeal but I think people who are generally more well off drive Odyssey's.
It's been a rough day, but I needed a good laugh! LOL

·
Registered
700 Posts
I think people who are generally more well off drive Odyssey's.
Actually, I do know two guys who are quite well off that own Odysseys. Good thing too, because one had to have new rings put in after warranty.
The other had to have a new cam, and a new tranny put in on his dime.

Nothing magic about a Honda Odyssey.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Both!

For the record, I have both an Odyssey and a Pacifica...what does that make me?! :grin2:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm a seasoned Ody owner and I can tell you how chintzy and stingy Honda is with the Odyssey. After taking a look at the Pacifica, the Odyssey seems like a cheap econocar from the 80's. All my Odys also had pulsing brakes by 20,000 miles and groans and creaks not long after that. The Pacifica rides and drives like a European luxury sedan by comparison. Solid over bumps and never a quiver from its body structure. Quiet as well. Happy Honda delayed the 2017 Odyssey or I would heave been stuck with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why the childish ridicule?

The Odyssey, at least in my opinion, feels more comfortable to drive and the seats in the middle row are much more comfortable. It does look more luxurious both on the inside and outside. It is also a more reliable car.

I am seeing more Pacificas on the road which means it's a solid car and rightfully so, but the design of the Pacifica is already looking outdated. Makes sense though given it's the cheaper car.

·
Registered
935 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts

The Odyssey, at least in my opinion, feels more comfortable to drive and the seats in the middle row are much more comfortable. It does look more luxurious both on the inside and outside. It is also a more reliable car.

I am seeing more Pacificas on the road which means it's a solid car and rightfully so, but the design of the Pacifica is already looking outdated. Makes sense though given it's the cheaper car.
Some of us are probably wondering why you are posting in this forum? You have already decided that the Pacifica is not for you. Perhaps you should join an Odyssey forum like this one? I'm still a member there, as I am a former Odyssey owner.

However, if you are open to an alternate opinion, stick around, read and ask questions. We really are a nice bunch, but we do kid around a bit.

Style is always an opinion. My opinion is that the Pacifica looks nicer, more graceful, less weird. And IMO, the interior is far more inviting, the dash looks less like a piece of Sanyo stereo equipment.

I don't think the Pacifica is a cheaper car. The pricing is almost identical to the Odyssey, model for model comparison. The Pacifica is discounted more, as Honda and Chrysler have very different marketing philosophies. My Pacifica is far more solid feeling than my Odyssey ever was. In every respect is seems like a more expensive car.

I'll give you the comfort of the middle row seats. They are way more comfortable than the Pacifica seats. I've accepted that trade off for the benefit of Stow and Go design. I frequently have a need to have the carrying space, and removing the 70 lb. seats from the Odyssey was a backbreaking chore. I'm too old for that, never again!

As for quality, my Odyssey was mostly trouble free in six years and 87K miles of use, except for replacing two sets of front brake rotors, lots of rattles, and a stubborn sliding door that was never fixed properly. The engine is great, but I wasn't looking forward to replacing the timing belt in a year or so. Click on the forum I've linked above. You will see Honda has lots of problems too. There are frequent laments that the quality has dropped for the 2018's compared to the previous 2011-2017 series.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)

You do realize that this is a Pacifica forum. Right?

Yea that Ody interior is so luxurious with the fake moulded stitching and unlined cupholders and cubbies. lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My wife and I have been driving bmw's and lexus's for the better part of this century. With a baby in the house, I decided a minnvan is required. We couldn't get out of the honda dealership fast enough after driving the odessy. It was so bad I was embarresed to my wife for recomending we go try it.

It took several months and a 'serendipitous', "oh the dealer is right here, lets just take a quick look" to get my wife to even look at another minivan. She wouldn't even get out of our car, until I came back from the first test drive extremely happy. That quick look at the Pachy turnied into a multi hour, "lets drive it again with the baby",etc ,etc, and a new van in the driveway within the week.

This difference was so great, that it stirred up patriotic feelings of proud to be an American, even though the Pachy is built in Canada. I can't imagin how someone can sit in the Odyssey and think the interior is anything but a larger version of a 1995 honda civic. In fact, I just googled a 1995 civic, and the photos show it looks even better than the Odyssey.

·
Registered
935 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Why the childish ridicule? .

The time when you realize that it was your original statement that sounded childish to most of the people reading this thread, is the time when everything will begin to make sense to you.
Welcome aboard anyway.
We do need some entertainment here at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
19 Participants
Bond007
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing