2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
136 Posts
Setting the mirrors correctly means no blind spots, period.
Yeah, I've been driving like that for a few years now; on a large car like our minivans you still have a blind spot but it's much smaller. Bonus is that the ******* behind you blinding you with his high beams is only visible in the rear-view mirror, which will automatically dim. The side-view mirrors will only show him when he's beside you.

What is that? I checked the online manual, what they describe is no different from ACC in Pacifica.
I've driven a 2021 Toyota Corolla as a loaner when they were fixing my Pacifica last month, and the "lane-keep" feature in it was waaaay better than what we have in the Pacifica. It wasn't just "bouncing" on the lane lines, but it was actively keeping me in the center of the lane and it handled curves beautifully. I wouldn't trust the lane-keep on my Pacifica in curves at all. The driver-assistance features on the Pacifica are nice, but the competition is fierce in that space.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
11 Posts
I was testing the lane keep on my PacHy. Went from right lane to left lane on a curve. It was at higher speed and a normal curve. Slight curves it can handle, but not normal or steep curves. Whatever, it just means no sleeping behind the wheel. Like, actually having to drive the car. One day it will be a reality. Soon, but not yet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Whatever, it just means no sleeping behind the wheel. Like, actually having to drive the car.
Call me a Luddite, but I far, FAR prefer that to telling people that their cars have "Autopilot" and "can drive themselves".

·
Registered
69 Posts
As others have already said, I also ruled the Kia out in favor of a 2021 PacHy Limited last week for the following reasons:
  • Poor MPG
  • Low inventory availability in higher trims
  • Weak rebates
  • 2nd row, non-removable throne seats are useless to me
Alex on Autos just did a detailed review on the PacHy Limited, and compared it to the Kia and Sienna a LOT:

(Spoiler alert: he (still) thinks the Pacifica is the best van out there)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Glad I’m not the only one that thinks this is a goofy feature. A $5 set of 2” spot mirrors fixes the blind spot issue on my cars. And I don’t have to take my eyes off my mirrors to make a lane change. Doesn’t make sense to check the mirror then check the Instrument cluster to make sure the lane is clear, meanwhile taking eyes off the road. Seems like a gimmick to me. But I guess it will get folks to use a blinker, so there is that. Reminds me of my blind spot monitors on my Audi, it would blink if I had the blinker on and there was something in the blind spot, but it was so conservative that I had it blinking at me a lot when I was making a change, but due to the spots, I could see I was clear to make my change. At least you could turn off the beeping on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, when I compared the Pacifica and Kia I did think that it would be distracting to look at the instrument cluster to trust nobody is in my blind spot. Glad you pointed this out. I do like the little yellow arrow that comes up on the Pacifica mirror and the beep when you blinker up and someone is there. As far as the all digital dashboard, I just traded in my AMG Mercedes on this van and it had two 10.5” digital dash and infotainment screens. I actually prefer the normal non digital dash. It’s not flat and two dimensional like a screen. Besides I look at screens all day long. Too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have to say, two obvious features missing from the Pinnacle are heads up display and electric steering wheel adjustment (tied to the memory profiles, of course).

But just a public service announcement here: if you already haven't, be sure to go into vehicle settings and turn on Easy Exit. Ahhhh.....

Reactions: econometrics

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I have to say, two obvious features missing from the Pinnacle are heads up display and electric steering wheel adjustment (tied to the memory profiles, of course).

But just a public service announcement here: if you already haven't, be sure to go into vehicle settings and turn on Easy Exit. Ahhhh.....
What is that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
What is that?
It moves the driver's seat all the way back when you turn off the car.

My wife didn't like it as she had to stretch to reach the brake pedal to turn the car on when coming back.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
It moves the driver's seat all the way back when you turn off the car.

My wife didn't like it as she had to stretch to reach the brake pedal to turn the car on when coming back.
Thanks. Ours does that. I never noticed that it was an option. However ours also returns to the set position after you enter the car, but I suppose that's only a feature of the Limited's with memory seats.

·
Registered
136 Posts
However ours also returns to the set position after you enter the car, but I suppose that's only a feature of the Limited's with memory seats.
It does return automatically, but you need to start the car first. I do have memory seats, too.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
It does return automatically, but you need to start the car first. I do have memory seats, too.
Then your wife could press her memory seat button before trying to start the car.

Reactions: adam1991

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've linked the keys to the memory profiles. When you unlock the car, the seats automatically go to the position that's the remote is linked to. No need to start the car first...

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've linked the keys to the memory profiles. When you unlock the car, the seats automatically go to the position that's the remote is linked to. No need to start the car first...
Ah, I've done that now, but I hadn't yet when I tried the Easy Exit option. Makes sense. In any case, it's not a hill I'm prepared to die on with the wife; my default seating position is easy enough to enter / exit anyway. Hers, on the other hand... Let's just say I really love the memory seats on this car.

Reactions: Zissou2021

·
Registered
148 Posts
Let's just say I really love the memory seats on this car.
Back when I bought Hondas, that was one thing I lamented--that Honda hated, hated, HATED putting something so "luxury" into its cars--despite charging premium prices.

It took forever for Odyssey to get memory seats, and even then only if you paid a boatload of money for a high trim level.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle
11 Posts
I had to get rid of the East exit because it actually got in the way of the easy exit for the back seat people. lol. So I suffer so my family doesn’t have to.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
539 Posts
To bring the thread back on topic, I would seriously recommend folks think twice before buying a 2022 Kia Carnival after this first-year model comes off its current "Do Not Sell" status due to problems with leaking fuel rails.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I think it’s funny how people have forgotten how to drive and use your mirrors correctly rather than rely on aids . Plus I do have to admit that manufactures have started to add really gimmicky features and their commercials only add the cherry on top of it all .

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like the mirror camera view in the infotainment. It’s on the GM trucks, and it’s quite nice seeing where your wheel is going when you’re turning. Esp in tight places.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts