2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I posted a picture of a snowy egret that landed on our Pacifica. This morning a great egret decided that it is a fine landing pad, and apparently is claiming ownership. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Looks cool, but I would try to wash off that area soon. As you know bird poop is highly damaging to the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks cool, but I would try to wash off that area soon. As you know bird poop is highly damaging to the paint.
Yup, got the hose handy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Who needs a hood ornament when you can have a roof ornament! :grin2:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Must be something fishy about your Pacifica.....:laugh:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's a wild egret (great white), and he is huge, slightly under 5 ft while strutting around. Apparently some of the residents around here have thrown food his way, and egrets are quick to assume that is a gesture of welcome, and behave accordingly. :)

I've watched egrets at the shore fishing, and it is an amazing sight. They stand absolutely still, waiting . . waiting . . When a hapless fish swims by within range. They strike with deadly speed, spearing the fish right through the middle with that sharp beak. It does make you realize that you don't want to be anywhere near that weapon!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Last year I posted a picture of a snowy egret that landed on our Pacifica. This morning a great egret decided that it is a fine landing pad, and apparently is claiming ownership. :grin2:
Florida wading birds are so cool and laid back. They always look like nothing bothers them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts