2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm not sure what's causing this pain, but the driver seat creates sore muscle pain in my right thigh. I tried readjusting the seat in hopes that the pain would go away, but I can't seem to mitigate this discomfort. I've driven many vehicles in my life and I can honestly say my Pacifica is the only vehicle that's given me such pain. Has anyone else experienced the like discomfort?

Reactions: mark

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm not sure what's causing this pain, but the driver seat creates sore muscle pain in my right thigh. I tried readjusting the seat in hopes that the pain would go away, but I can't seem to mitigate this discomfort. I've driven many vehicles in my life and I can honestly say my Pacifica is the only vehicle that's given me such pain. Has anyone else experienced the like discomfort?
Some of us who are used to softer leather seats may find Pacifica's seats are little too hard especially in the beginning. The seats on Pacifica limited trim are Nappa leather and they should be soften up with more use. Unlike my 15 Subaru limited, the leather seats just stay tough and painful after 3 years of driving.

Also you may want to tilt down the thigh support to it's lowest position to reduce the pressure the seats exerting to your thigh. Just push and hold down the front tip of the power seat lever until your thigh support gets to it's lowest positon. I know this sucks but I beleive this will help relieve some pain. Otherwise, a seating pad or cuhsiion will help.

For seating qaulity, I still missed my Town and Country limited indeed as it's Nappa seats were super comfortable from day 1 to the last day I owned it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm glad I'm not the only one who experienced that! It was sometimes very uncomfortable on long trips. I really prefer cloth seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you carry your wallet in your pants pocket sometimes this can cause you so sit at a different angle that could cause this. Doctors will tell you not to sit on your wallet for long periods.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I get this whenever I drive after my wife does, she lifts the seat up like a trucker chair and hugs the steering wheel like it's a flotation device on the Titanic.

The easy solution is find the position you like and lower the whole seat until that position starts to collapse the seat bottom back to flat (bottomed out). The tilt of the chair back has also affected this for me, too much lean and your legs feel like they're holding you up, too little and you're pinching nerves between your torso and leg.

As for this being a Pacifica problem, it's not. It's really a size problem, if you're fat, or built, let's just say larger than normal, your body causes pinch points with itself, my weight fluctuates from 200-230 and this is more of a problem at 230 for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
As for this being a Pacifica problem, it's not.
I agree with this. This is a personal fit issue, in my opinion. The Mazda CX-9 I drove before the Pacifica was a great vehicle and very comfortable in most ways but the driver seat aggravated the sciatic nerve on my right leg fiercely! The only way I could bear driving was with heating on the seat year-round. I have zero issues like that with the Pacifica, fortunately for me. I also appreciate the stiffer leather, even though others don't. The Pacifica is, hands down, the most comfortable vehicle I've owned (for me), but it's probably not the case for everyone, depending on a series of variables.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I agree with this. This is a personal fit issue, in my opinion. The Mazda CX-9 I drove before the Pacifica was a great vehicle and very comfortable in most ways but the driver seat aggravated the sciatic nerve on my right leg fiercely! The only way I could bear driving was with heating on the seat year-round. I have zero issues like that with the Pacifica, fortunately for me. I also appreciate the stiffer leather, even though others don't. The Pacifica is, hands down, the most comfortable vehicle I've owned (for me), but it's probably not the case for everyone, depending on a series of variables.
I got really sick and was hospitalized for 2 weeks and developed sciatica, turns out it was caused by the anti-acid medicine they had me on, that pain is the most annoying pain I've ever had, not the worst, but it made basic walking difficult. The Nissan Rogue ('15+) has great seats too, they have "zero gravity seats", which when I bought it I was like suuuurrreee... sales gimmick, but long term, 70k miles later and still very supportive and comfortable for long trips with 4hr stints between stops, no pain. I think the Pacifica, is lacking in seat comfort in the stow-n-go seats but the first and 3rd rows are just as good as the competition. I teach skiing in the winter and people ask me all the time what's the best ski boot? and I always say the one that fits. I buy my cars mostly on 2 things: how the drivers setup is - the Pacifia dash is beautiful, the infotainment is the most responsive, the HVAC does a great job of maintaining a temperature, and "look back" - if you get out of your car and don't look back at it, it's because it's ugly. Lucky for me the Pacifica it #1 in both of these IMO.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I think that this is like an old saying in Spain: Opinions are like A$$es, everybody has one. I find Pacifica confortable even more than my ex Prius. My wife on the contrary find the Prius more confortable. I'm also looking for some kind of accessory or solution to make her ride more confortable.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The seats are really firm, thats a modern Chrysler thing I think as our Grand Cherokees were the same way. If you're built right for the seat, its fine, but if you aren't there will be pressure points. Has nothing to do with leather vs cloth.

Have you tried sitting on a seat pad or something?

·
Registered
686 Posts
We never have used a seat pad, any recommendations? I do not want something flying or moving around the seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had the same experience... we generally rent cars often and varied ones and go on a long drive but this was the second time that I took the Pacifica and got a severe lower back pain.. upper thigh pain... it’s something to do with the backrest and lumbar support not being in the right spot

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've only had my Pacifica Limited for a week and took a 300 mile trip yesterday. By the time I was at the end of the trip my right thigh was screaming in pain. I kept playing with the seat which didn't help. Fortunately I was better once I got to my destination.

Not sure I feel better or worse that others have similar problems. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just modified my seats and made them more comfy. You can also do it! It made my car interior more stylish and I really enjoy it. Regarding pain, In had a very awful pain in my back and my doc recommended me to use red vein kratom. It's a very useful medicine that relieves all kind of pain. It’s one of the most famous herbs that experts recommend for a variety of ailments, thanks to its immense medicinal properties. Various research studies have found that Kratom is useful in inspiring a positive state of mind and causing users to have a more optimistic attitude about life in general.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
668 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm, what exactly did you did, if it's not a secret? I’m already two weeks on red vein borneo because of pains in the body, to precisely muscles when I wake up are a mess, like after a fight me against seven Navy SEALsin water. Kratom helps, but don’t have that a lot of money to use it all the time. Even if it’s made from natural components, something is not right. I have an appointment at local M.D. doctors that will consult me, and I was told that probably some analyses will be needed to check. I think posture, leg and arm right positions are essential, so if you move something on your car, it’s related. I tried, nothing changed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts