1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI!
I have a 2017 Touring L Plus w extended warranty [58k miles on it]
  • Paint:
    • the leading edges have paint bubbling in quite a few places; it got worst since I took these pictures
    • went to two dealers; the 1st have not done anything; never returned my calls; I had to go in person to be told out warranty; no rust on it and some other bs.[this took months] I just came from the 2nd one; they told me it is out of warranty; when i told them the paint has 5 years or 100k; they said they cannot to anything contact Chrysler. I believe the dealers are the rep of the factory; looks like when they cannot charge for it or it is complicated case they don't care.[Both located in the Dallas metro area]
  • Other issues:
    • The driver side sliding door reopens many times; it takes few attempts to close it
    • The lift gate stops sometimes after its opens up to about 1/3
    • The lift gate opens by touching the handle and in the same time alarm goes off
    • The speed warning is off, yet still announcing driving over the limit; many roads have outdated speed limits in the database [this is minor; just bugging me]

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
10 Posts
Have yoy seen this thread??

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
343 Posts
You should be able to find answers to all your questions using the Search function at the top of each forum page.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
HI!
I have a 2017 Touring L Plus w extended warranty [58k miles on it]
  • Paint:
    • the leading edges have paint bubbling in quite a few places; it got worst since I took these pictures
    • went to two dealers; the 1st have not done anything; never returned my calls; I had to go in person to be told out warranty; no rust on it and some other bs.[this took months] I just came from the 2nd one; they told me it is out of warranty; when i told them the paint has 5 years or 100k; they said they cannot to anything contact Chrysler. I believe the dealers are the rep of the factory; looks like when they cannot charge for it or it is complicated case they don't care.[Both located in the Dallas metro area]
  • Other issues:
    • The driver side sliding door reopens many times; it takes few attempts to close it
    • The lift gate stops sometimes after its opens up to about 1/3
    • The lift gate opens by touching the handle and in the same time alarm goes off
    • The speed warning is off, yet still announcing driving over the limit; many roads have outdated speed limits in the database [this is minor; just bugging me]
Yes, the paint is a known issue, and like peter said use the search bar - there are a couple threads with more in depth details to the problem and how people have had the problem repaired at no cost. Paint is covered under the corrosion warranty which is 6 years/unlimited miles - its listed in detail in your owners manual/warranty pamphlet that should've came with the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, the paint is a known issue, and like peter said use the search bar - there are a couple threads with more in depth details to the problem and how people have had the problem repaired at no cost. Paint is covered under the corrosion warranty which is 6 years/unlimited miles - its listed in detail in your owners manual/warranty pamphlet that should've came with the vehicle.
I am having the same paint issue on my 17 Pacifica. Talked to a local dealer and they are aware of the problem so I called Chrysler and they tell me there are no known issues. How does one resolve this if there is a conflict?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
343 Posts
I am having the same paint issue on my 17 Pacifica. Talked to a local dealer and they are aware of the problem so I called Chrysler and they tell me there are no known issues. How does one resolve this if there is a conflict?
It sounds like your dealer knows how to deal with this. Start there. They will have to submit photos and documentation to Chrysler before starting the work. If there is an issue from Chrysler after the dealer submits everything, you can come back here and contact @ChryslerCares .

Reactions: Lily

·
Registered
4 Posts
It sounds like your dealer knows how to deal with this. Start there. They will have to submit photos and documentation to Chrysler before starting the work. If there is an issue from Chrysler after the dealer submits everything, you can come back here and contact
Thanks for the info, calling local dealer this morning to get an appointment and go from there. Will post with updates
@ChryslerCares .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts