2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The old part has been discontinued but there is a new part that needs to be ordered.

I don't know the exact part number, but our van heater stopped working and dealership ordered a part related to what they call "Electric Coolant Heater".

I called Chrysler Cares yesterday asking if they could offer us reimbursement for a rental, but it seemed like they were more eager to get us our van back (expedite parts). During this conversation I found out the part(s) that were ordered by my dealership to fix the P0E15 issue have been discontinued. Chrysler Cares informed my dealership today and had them order the new part.

Note that the dealership had zero knowledge of the discontinued part, the only way they knew was because I initiated the call to Chrysler Cares who then looked into our service work and noticed the part had been discontinued and then contacted my dealership. Sounds like something Chrysler/FCA aren't taking initiative on to inform the dealerships.

The reason I post this here is because I know our dealership had at least 7 other vehicles that have waiting over 40 days for the part. I have no idea if the dealership knows the part they are waiting for no longer exists...

Anyway, if you have a vehicle that's waiting for parts related to the P0E15 error, I strongly suggest you ask your dealership to double check they've got the correct part ordered and not the discontinued one. My van has already been waiting 2 weeks for the part that apparently didn't exist and I assume many others are in the same situation, but don't know it.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid/Luxury White Pearl-Coat/Mocha/Black Interior
21 Posts
There old part has been discontinued but there is a new part that needs to be ordered.

I don't know the exact part number, but our van heater stopped working and dealership ordered a part related to what they call "Electric Coolant Heater".

I called Chrysler Cares yesterday asking if they could offer us reimbursement for a rental, but it seemed like they were more eager to get us our van back (expedite parts). During this conversation I found out the part(s) that were ordered by my dealership to fix the P0E15 issue have been discontinued. Chrysler Cares informed my dealership today and had them order the new part.

Note that the dealership had zero knowledge of the discontinued part, the only way they knew was because I initiated the call to Chrysler Cares who then looked into our service work and noticed the part had been discontinued and then contacted my dealership. Sounds like something Chrysler/FCA aren't taking initiative to inform the dealerships.

The reason I post this here is because I know our dealership had at least 7 other vehicles that have waiting over 40 days for the part. I have no idea if the dealership knows the part they are waiting for no longer exists...

Anyway, if you have a vehicle that's waiting for parts related to the P0E15 error, I strongly suggest you ask your dealership to double check they've got the correct part ordered and not the discontinued one. My van has already been waiting 2 weeks for the part that apparently didn't exist and I assume many others are in the same situation, but don't know it.
THANK YOU! I had P0E15 error back in November 2021, had this part on order since Dec 8 2021and it's now May 12 2022..likely never checked or knew about this! Will check with my dealership if they know about this!!

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
128 Posts
Yes, the new process is to have the dealership investigate the van and open a STAR case to order the part. Chrysler canceled the original part orders, mine included, with NO communication to the dealership or the owner. Total cluster. @ChryslerCares

·
Registered
191 Posts
The old part has been discontinued but there is a new part that needs to be ordered.

Note that the dealership had zero knowledge of the discontinued part, the only way they knew was because I initiated the call to Chrysler Cares who then looked into our service work and noticed the part had been discontinued and then contacted my dealership. Sounds like something Chrysler/FCA aren't taking initiative on to inform the dealerships.

Can confirm. We no longer need STAR authorization to order the ECH. However there's a new part number that currently does not have any ETA available whatsoever. My guess is the ran out of the old ones and haven't been able to secure production of the new ones. ETA states >45 days.

For those with parts already ordered it will automatically ship the updated part once it becomes available. No need to do anything.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
130 Posts
THANK YOU! I had P0E15 error back in November 2021, had this part on order since Dec 8 2021and it's now May 12 2022..likely never checked or knew about this! Will check with my dealership if they know about this!!
Have you been trying to drive in gas only mode? We are still driving on electric but all the kids have blankets in the back and driver and passenger relying on heated seats. Biggest problem is when the windshield fogs up. How have you coped with this for 6 months? It has been 2 months for me and I'm seriously thinking about investigating lemon law

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,189 Posts
Generally speaking, an OEM will first exhaust any remaining inventory of an old part number. After all remaining inventory is exhausted, the new/supersession part number will automatically be substituted for any existing orders for the old part number that weren't fulfilled. The warehouse label on the part will indicate this if it has occurred.

Parts orders are very rarely cancelled without warning. Usually, parts departments are made aware of cancelled parts orders or if a part order goes to a backorder list. It's just a matter of whether or not the parts manager is paying attention to those notifications. Parts departments keep very detailed records of parts ordered & parts received to ensure the inventory is accurate. Obviously, it makes the dealership look bad if a customer is asking where their part is and your only response is "I don't know." That should never happen in this day and age IMO except for rare/odd circumstances (i.e. a delivery truck getting into an accident).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greetings,

Got the POE15 error check engine light middle of Apr. Dropped off the van around the 26th of Apr. Heat pump was ordered on the 27th, but was back ordered, and no ETA. Was okayed to drive the van in the mean time. Cabin heat is not an issue in So. Cal. Got a text from the SA on the 13th of May saying the part is in, and to schedule and bring the van in for the install. Will be taking it in on Thu. They normally get me a loaner, which I am not sure if it is standard when they are work on the van or if they are using the extended warranty. Need to ask next time.

Regards,

GHTech

Reactions: JamesB

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just took our 2020 in for check engine light associated with no heat in electric mode, dealer says it's a back ordered part AND that driving with the bad part will "destroy the hybrid system" so we can't take it back home.

We now have a bottom of the barrel Chrysler Pacifica (non-hybrid) rental for months? I don't want to buy gas for this thing! That was the f'ing point of getting the hybrid!

How real is the risk to the hybrid drive? Does anyone have access to the official communication from Chrysler/Stellantis on this? With the weather warming up I don't really care about the heater as long as the car won't self destruct.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
755 Posts
We just took our 2020 in for check engine light associated with no heat in electric mode, dealer says it's a back ordered part AND that driving with the bad part will "destroy the hybrid system" so we can't take it back home.

We now have a bottom of the barrel Chrysler Pacifica (non-hybrid) rental for months? I don't want to buy gas for this thing! That was the f'ing point of getting the hybrid!

How real is the risk to the hybrid drive? Does anyone have access to the official communication from Chrysler/Stellantis on this? With the weather warming up I don't really care about the heater as long as the car won't self destruct.
Many people have been driving them for long periods with the coolant heater not working. Especially in warm weather I fail to see how a failed heater could ruin the hybrid system.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
130 Posts
Many people have been driving them for long periods with the coolant heater not working. Especially in warm weather I fail to see how a failed heater could ruin the hybrid system.
Mine does drive differently especially in stop start traffic when in hybrid mode. In ev mode is fine and on the freeway is fine in gas mode.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

We were told the heater/coolant part means the car isn't regulating the heat/cool of the battery pack very well (if at all) anymore and could lead to damage of the battery. So similar to @rossb we were told not to drive it long distances anymore (only short trips in town). Granted none of that matters since it's STILL sitting at the dealership waiting for parts after 3 weeks.

1) Dealership ordered the part, later after I called Chrysler Cares asking if they'd offer rental reimbursement they said the part is discontinued and dealership needs to order a new part (that was after nearly 2 weeks of waiting already). Chrysler was not proactively telling dealerships about the discontinued part.
2) Dealership ordered new part that replaced the old discontinued part (2 weeks have gone by now, they still have the van)
3) Chrysler cares calls me to tell me they had to cancel the part order because our dealership 'didn't order it through the correct process'

What frustrates me isn't just that these vans fall apart even being brand new, it's that Chrysler doesn't seem to know what the heck is going on behind the scenes either, won't offer an actual solution, and doesn't seem to care much about what the end user (you and everyone else here) is actually going through as far as inconvenience.

If this was a high end 2 seater sports car or something of a luxury then ok, I can cut them some slack as the car is likely more of a 'want' than anything. But we are talking about a minivan, primarily used for hauling families. It's a vehicle that has enough seats for families that NEED them. Chrysler should know this, they should be fully aware of who's buying their minivans and should be bending over backwards to make things right. Example : We don't have a 2nd vehicle to cover all the seats we really need, the minivan was it. No rental, no loaner, nothing...just waiting for weeks/months for a part that Chrysler can't even bother to order correctly.

Also, I give no fault to our dealership, they have been fantastic and quick to respond, etc. Chrysler the manufacturer though...from the perspective of a customer (i.e. me) they don't seem to care, no sense of urgency, no proactive action, etc.

Also, the thorn in the side is paying $5.70/ per gallon of gas right now which I would not be paying if I had the PACHY, which I'm also paying monthly for, in my possession and working.

·
Registered
755 Posts
We were told the heater/coolant part means the car isn't regulating the heat/cool of the battery pack very well (if at all) anymore and could lead to damage of the battery. So similar to @rossb we were told not to drive it long distances anymore (only short trips in town). Granted none of that matters since it's STILL sitting at the dealership waiting for parts after 3 weeks.

1) Dealership ordered the part, later after I called Chrysler Cares asking if they'd offer rental reimbursement they said the part is discontinued and dealership needs to order a new part (that was after nearly 2 weeks of waiting already). Chrysler was not proactively telling dealerships about the discontinued part.
2) Dealership ordered new part that replaced the old discontinued part (2 weeks have gone by now, they still have the van)
3) Chrysler cares calls me to tell me they had to cancel the part order because our dealership 'didn't order it through the correct process'

What frustrates me isn't just that these vans fall apart even being brand new, it's that Chrysler doesn't seem to know what the heck is going on behind the scenes either, won't offer an actual solution, and doesn't seem to care much about what the end user (you and everyone else here) is actually going through as far as inconvenience.

If this was a high end 2 seater sports car or something of a luxury then ok, I can cut them some slack as the car is likely more of a 'want' than anything. But we are talking about a minivan, primarily used for hauling families. It's a vehicle that has enough seats for families that NEED them. Chrysler should know this, they should be fully aware of who's buying their minivans and should be bending over backwards to make things right. Example : We don't have a 2nd vehicle to cover all the seats we really need, the minivan was it. No rental, no loaner, nothing...just waiting for weeks/months for a part that Chrysler can't even bother to order correctly.

Also, I give no fault to our dealership, they have been fantastic and quick to respond, etc. Chrysler the manufacturer though...from the perspective of a customer (i.e. me) they don't seem to care, no sense of urgency, no proactive action, etc.

Also, the thorn in the side is paying $5.70/ per gallon of gas right now which I would not be paying if I had the PACHY, which I'm also paying monthly for, in my possession and working.
Maybe @alphawolff can provide some guidance here. Does a locked ECH mean the vehicle can’t be driven?

·
Registered
755 Posts
We were told the heater/coolant part means the car isn't regulating the heat/cool of the battery pack very well (if at all) anymore and could lead to damage of the battery.
The ECH is a heater only. The battery is cooled by a completely different mechanism completely unrelated to the ECH. I can’t see why a broken ECH would have an effect on battery cooling.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dropped off van April 4 so it’s been about 45 days. Called on day 45 for an update, and was told there was no ETA on the part. They also won’t give the van back to me due to “risk of fire”. Why do the dealers have so much latitude in making stuff up?? Fortunately, they have given us a rental …. But enough already. Tomorrow is day 50. Not sure what to do. (Also, no offense Stellantis, but my Pacifica is more fun to drive than the Compass I was given).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dropped off van April 4 so it’s been about 45 days. Called on day 45 for an update, and was told there was no ETA on the part. They also won’t give the van back to me due to “risk of fire”. Why do the dealers have so much latitude in making stuff up?? Fortunately, they have given us a rental …. But enough already. Tomorrow is day 50. Not sure what to do. (Also, no offense Stellantis, but my Pacifica is more fun to drive than the Compass I was given).
This. This all day long.

We like the van we bought. The kids like the movies and games on the entertainment system. The 38mpg on the highway after the pure EV range is gone makes long trips affordable.

I want my van back or I want Stellantis to buy it back from me. This indefinite rental is not close to good enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe @alphawolff can provide some guidance here. Does a locked ECH mean the vehicle can’t be driven?
Intensely curious about this question. @alphawolff, Is there any way to get a copy of the communication that the dealer is using to hold only our PACHY? I want to head back over and "discuss" the situation with them but I'd really like to know what Chrysler has communicated so I know the discussion points.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greetings,

Got the van back last evening. The paperwork says the following parts were replaced.
68443445-AB Heater EL 08015020
68163848-AB Antifreez 01081004
The labor that was done was listed in great detail, and this maybe due to the warranty payments from Chrysler.

Timing summery:
Got the POE15 error check engine light middle of Apr. Scanned at Autozone.
Dropped off the van around the 26th of Apr.
Heat pump was ordered on the 27th, but was back ordered, and no ETA.
Got a text from the SA on the 13th of May saying the part is in, and to schedule and bring the van in for the install.
Took van in May. 19th. Got a loaner.
Picked up van May. 23rd

Regards,

GHTech

·
Registered
755 Posts
Greetings,

Got the van back last evening. The paperwork says the following parts were replaced.
68443445-AB Heater EL 08015020
68163848-AB Antifreez 01081004
The labor that was done was listed in great detail, and this maybe due to the warranty payments from Chrysler.

Timing summery:
Got the POE15 error check engine light middle of Apr. Scanned at Autozone.
Dropped off the van around the 26th of Apr.
Heat pump was ordered on the 27th, but was back ordered, and no ETA.
Got a text from the SA on the 13th of May saying the part is in, and to schedule and bring the van in for the install.
Took van in May. 19th. Got a loaner.
Picked up van May. 23rd

Regards,

GHTech
Thats an interesting part number for the heater. It seems to be for the Jeep PHEVs. I wonder if its different from the Pacifica ECH.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
128 Posts
My Chrysler escalation regional manager called me and told me they switched parts, so that explains the new part number.

Original part ordered back in October December 2021 was canceled by Chrysler with no notification to the dealer or me. I called the dealer 6 weeks back to inquire and they were then notified the part order was canceled, and that to re-order I needed to take the van in for a software update. If the software update failed, a STAR case would be opened and part then reordered. My regional manager said THAT second part order was also canceled just 2 weeks ago, again with no notification from Chrysler to the dealer or me. The part was discontinued and a new part ordered, with no ETA as it is back ordered. Just a cluster.

At least now, the ICE engine runs less, but it was 65F out the other day, with the internal temperature set to 70F, and the ICE still ran for the first 5 minutes for reasons unknown. It will turn on here and there even though we are not calling for heat in the cabin. We love the van, but Chrysler need to get their stuff together.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts