2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this happen before? Our passenger side sliding door has completely stopped working. It cannot be opened from outside either by pushing the button or by pulling on the handle. The only way to open the door, is by pushing the button on the overhead console. The “foot opening” feature doesn’t work either.

I’m going to call the dealer and bring it in, but was hoping it was something simple that I could fix easily myself.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Has anyone had this happen before? Our passenger side sliding door has completely stopped working. It cannot be opened from outside either by pushing the button or by pulling on the handle. The only way to open the door, is by pushing the button on the overhead console. The “foot opening” feature doesn’t work either.

I’m going to call the dealer and bring it in, but was hoping it was something simple that I could fix easily myself.
Hello PatentlyPhil,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent troubles. If you could please keep us updated on your dealers diagnosis we would be happy to assist throughout this process if needed.
Laura
ChryslerCares

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
144 Posts
Check the button between the two sliding door buttons on the overhead console. If there is a blue lite on, press the button to unlock the sliding doors.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the button between the two sliding door buttons on the overhead console. If there is a blue lite on, press the button to unlock the sliding doors.
That was the first thing we tried. The light was off, but the issue was that pulling the handle inside or outside wouldn’t even open the door. Almost as if it was locked. The only way the door would open, was via the overhead button.

Dealer updated software for the backup camera recall, and said they updated the “body computer”. Everything seems to be working normally now @ChryslerCares ;

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
That was the first thing we tried. The light was off, but the issue was that pulling the handle inside or outside wouldn’t even open the door. Almost as if it was locked. The only way the door would open, was via the overhead button.

Dealer updated software for the backup camera recall, and said they updated the “body computer”. Everything seems to be working normally now @ChryslerCares ;
PatientlyPhil,

We are happy to hear this update has resolved your concerns! If you ever have any other questions, please don't hesitate reaching out.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts