2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The passenger sliding door is not always closing. It will pull fully forward, try try and pull in and latch and then reverse (repeatedly). Had it into the dealership and they were able to recreate the issue when the car was on a slight incline (I also sent them video). Both the repair shop and the body shop looked at it and they say that there is nothing wrong with the door and that is just going to happen sometimes "it is a known problem". As my driveway has a slight incline (only about 5 in over 4 feet front to back and 2 inches over 4 feet left to right), more often then not the door will not close without some amount of assistance. I have never had the problem with the drivers side sliding door. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions before I start a lemon law complaint?
Both of my doors do this all the time! No slant no incline

·
Registered
6 Posts
The passenger sliding door is not always closing. It will pull fully forward, try try and pull in and latch and then reverse (repeatedly). Had it into the dealership and they were able to recreate the issue when the car was on a slight incline (I also sent them video). Both the repair shop and the body shop looked at it and they say that there is nothing wrong with the door and that is just going to happen sometimes "it is a known problem". As my driveway has a slight incline (only about 5 in over 4 feet front to back and 2 inches over 4 feet left to right), more often then not the door will not close without some amount of assistance. I have never had the problem with the drivers side sliding door. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions before I start a lemon law complaint?
I have had this problem every day. The door doesn’t close and stay closed. It bounces back open. The first time I took it to the shop the van was 11 months old and they replaced the door rollers. ??!? This did NOT solve the problem. It needs a software update. The mechanics at Chrysler dealerships don’t seem as educated as the mechanics at Toyota. I never had to bring my Sienna to Toyota more than one time to make repairs on the same problem. With Chrysler it is all I do.

·
Super Moderator
512 Posts
There is a technical bulletin out for this problem. They reprogram the sliding door control module.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I have had this problem every day. The door doesn’t close and stay closed. It bounces back open. The first time I took it to the shop the van was 11 months old and they replaced the door rollers. ??!? This did NOT solve the problem. It needs a software update. The mechanics at Chrysler dealerships don’t seem as educated as the mechanics at Toyota. I never had to bring my Sienna to Toyota more than one time to make repairs on the same problem. With Chrysler it is all I do.
Hi Tampaslp1,

If you are still experiencing your sliding door concerns, please feel free to send us a private message as we would be glad to see how we can assist further from our end.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
mine was finally fixed. the rear bracket was slightly bent causing the door to misalign when closing. Have you dealer check it as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have this same issue with my Pacifica. 2017. Happens more so with driver side door but also passenger side.. completely random as everyone has stated. I'm past my basic warrenty but I do have a extended with a deductible.. I don't feel like I should have to pay that tho of this is a known issue but they never sent a recall for it.

I've also had issues where it basically says that sliding door power inoperable.. random.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this same issue with my Pacifica. 2017. Happens more so with driver side door but also passenger side.. completely random as everyone has stated. I'm past my basic warrenty but I do have a extended with a deductible.. I don't feel like I should have to pay that tho of this is a known issue but they never sent a recall for it.

I've also had issues where it basically says that sliding door power inoperable.. random.
I went back to the dealership and had them fix it. I contacted corporate Chrysler since I had brought the van in for that reason before and it wasn’t fixed properly. So corporate paid for the repairs. I don’t have the problem anymore.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

Hello, we can check into TSBs for you. Please send us a private message with your VIN to get started.

Kaitlin
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 Pacifica has the same problem, the door would pop back open every time the door would close. Last friday morning the door opened , I here'd a clicking sound and the door refused too close. I yanked on the door and the door would not close. I had to turn the car off and really force the door shut.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
My 2017 Pacifica has the same problem, the door would pop back open every time the door would close. Last friday morning the door opened , I here'd a clicking sound and the door refused too close. I yanked on the door and the door would not close. I had to turn the car off and really force the door shut.
Hi Guy Johnson,

Please feel free to follow up via private message with more details as we are happy to assist.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue with my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica. Driver’s side sliding door will reverse after nearly closing. This happens intermittently and there is a beeping noise when it reverses. It’s frustrating to press close three or four times.

Rick Maehlmann

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
My Pacifica had the same exact problem of driver side sliding door not able to close all the times, it kept popping open repeatedly several times. I took it to the dealer sometime last year and they recalibrated the door which seem to fix it for a while, but soon afterwards the problem reappeared. I was getting disappointed and frustrated and talked to the dealership again. This time they told me that there was this recall/TSB for both the door modules and they applied that. Since the second fix the problem has not appeared yet. I don’t know what was the actual difference between the first attempted fix and the second attempt at fix. However I’m quite satisfied with the proper fix as directed by TSB.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
65 Posts
I don’t know what was the actual difference between the first attempted fix and the second attempt at fix. However I’m quite satisfied with the proper fix as directed by TSB.
The first attempt sounds like they tried physically adjusting the door, hinges etc, to ensure there was no binding that would open the door again. The second visit sounds like it applied a software/firmware update to adjust how the sensors work with the door actuators, as has been reported in these forums.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I’m having the same issue with my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica. Driver’s side sliding door will reverse after nearly closing. This happens intermittently and there is a beeping noise when it reverses. It’s frustrating to press close three or four times.

Rick Maehlmann
Hi Rick,

We are very sorry to hear this! Please feel free to send us a private message with more details regarding the date of the last time your vehicle was diagnosed at your dealer as we are happy to see how we can assist.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
My Pacifica had the same exact problem of driver side sliding door not able to close all the times, it kept popping open repeatedly several times. I took it to the dealer sometime last year and they recalibrated the door which seem to fix it for a while, but soon afterwards the problem reappeared. I was getting disappointed and frustrated and talked to the dealership again. This time they told me that there was this recall/TSB for both the door modules and they applied that. Since the second fix the problem has not appeared yet. I don’t know what was the actual difference between the first attempted fix and the second attempt at fix. However I’m quite satisfied with the proper fix as directed by TSB.
Bond007,

We are happy to hear this TSB helped resolve your concerns! We will be sure to share this with the brand team. If you ever need assistance, please send us a message!

Alex
Chrysler Cares

21 - 37 of 37 Posts