2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Hello, we can check into TSBs for you. Please send us a private message with your VIN to get started.

Kaitlin
Chrysler Cares
I would like to know why the dealerships can not send their workers to classes to learn about these fixes. I am totally against the dealers because they always need some dumb excuse to tell the owner whatever they can to charge very high prices for fixes that can take care of the problem. I know a lot about automotive problems and can remedy a lot of problems with proper information. BUT the Chrysler Corp head shed does not want you to fix your own issues because you can no longer obtain repair manuals so they entrap you to need to go to the dealer. Have a 2017 Pacifica L touring that I took to the dealer about the trans slamming shift problem which is fixable with a 10 minute reset which I remedied myself by finding a message that showed up on UTUBE. The dealer wanted $200.00 just to bring it into the shop. Corrected it myself, but it took about 4 days for me to stumble on the fix. It has been over a month now and no bad shifts. The information is out there even for the sliding door issues. Everything is now controlled by specific control mods that need to be reprogramed. You do not need to remove the door and replace rollers, just try to reprogram the thing. Never trusted the dealerships, the service writers get a reward for every one they can get in. I went to school to receive a BS in automotive ASE certification because of that problem with all the lies those service writers try to tell you. That was before I signed up to become a test pilot in the Army. Wish I could get a hard copy of the repair manuals. I guess it is a top secret issue these days.

· Registered
3,141 Posts
Hello @Mr. Joe,

We hear your frustrations and understand your sentiments. Our team is here as an additional resource if desired, and we are more than willing to help and discuss this matter further via private message.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

· Registered
2020 Pacifica Touring L Plus
72 Posts
The passenger sliding door is not always closing. It will pull fully forward, try try and pull in and latch and then reverse (repeatedly). Had it into the dealership and they were able to recreate the issue when the car was on a slight incline (I also sent them video). Both the repair shop and the body shop looked at it and they say that there is nothing wrong with the door and that is just going to happen sometimes "it is a known problem". As my driveway has a slight incline (only about 5 in over 4 feet front to back and 2 inches over 4 feet left to right), more often then not the door will not close without some amount of assistance. I have never had the problem with the drivers side sliding door. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions before I start a lemon law complaint?
I had the same issue when my 2020 Touring L Plus was new and sometimes also the drivers side and passenger sliding doors would not open or close. Very intermitant and an incline had nothing to do with it. The dealer fixed it with a software update. It also fixed an intermitant issue I had with the driver seat forgetting my settings.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts