2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 2017 and the passenger side sliding door just started to act erratic. Took it to the dealer last night and they did a software update fix. Which only lasted the night as this morning it did it again. I was told though that the door handle wasn't working. So we're waiting for the part to come in. I always use the buttons, remote and fob. Never the door handle. Is it possible that the door handle could be the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Tuskwhite1 will you keep us posted if your handle repair works? I’ve had the same issue with my 2017 Pacifica for the last 10,000 miles now. It’s been into the dealership 7 times for the issue of the driver side sliding door sporadically opening and closing, closing hard when putting my sons in car seats and continuously hitting me, outside button stops and starts working, and sometimes it will never shut to be able to lock it. It also will try to open while driving too! They updated the software back in December of 2018 and still issues. They recently supposedly changed some wiring, but it’s still an issue. Hopefully the door handle replacement works!!!! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely keep you posted. Can you list what was done to your vehicle? I'm hoping the bad door handle.is.the issue. This is my first issue so I'm not going to worry yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it has been nearly 3 months. I am happy to report the has been resolved. They had replaced the passenger side sliding door handle. But that didn't really help. What helped me was actually disconnecting the connector of the sliding door. The connector is located on the bottom cavity near the bottom hinge. I disconnected it for a minute. And till this day I haven't had any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Tuskwhite1
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing