2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I’m a big car guy but for family purposes we got a 2019 Pacifica and it’s really great. I’m looking to get some more out of the motor but so far I have found zero intakes/programmers/ anything really for these besides pedal commanders. Is it because it’s fairly new? I would assume sooner or later someone should have some performance parts coming out right? I know I’m not alone. I’d like to change the final gear ratio out but I’ve found zero info on the diff. Anyone help me out at all?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
You should understand what you got yourself into. This is a minivan, not a performance car. Very few- if any- would consider going as far as changing the diff. gears. I can only tell you that the tranny in the gas version is a popular ZF 9 speed used by many brands. You may find more info on it elsewhere. On other hand, we have great floor mats and child seats discussions :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
yeah i wish i could run e85 on my pac and bump timing!

·
Registered
302 Posts
The only "performance" parts I have seen for these were a replacement intake and a larger throttle body. Neither will increase HP or TG noticeably. You would think with all the remapping /tuning units available for the other Chrysler vehicles using this same engine, someone would offer something for the Pacifica. I guess the vast majority of "Minivan owners" aren't into that sort of thing !..I would love to "wake up" the Pentastar V6 in this thing. Pretty sure a slight remap would add a fair bit to its performance. Don't think you will find much support here though !!! I do have the Pedal commander and love it !.....its a different driving experience with it on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Weapon R makes a CAI for the Pacifica, that is the only performance part I know of that is specifically made for our van. You could have an exhaust shop clean up the exhaust a bit and find someone who will do a tune and you could pick up 20-25hp. But that is about it probably. Edelbrock makes a supercharger kit for 3.6L in the Jeep, but I don’t think that could be made to work in a transverse engine bay.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Weapon R makes a CAI for the Pacifica, that is the only performance part I know of that is specifically made for our van. You could have an exhaust shop clean up the exhaust a bit and find someone who will do a tune and you could pick up 20-25hp. But that is about it probably. Edelbrock makes a supercharger kit for 3.6L in the Jeep, but I don’t think that could be made to work in a transverse engine bay.
The Weapon R intake is not really a true cold air intake. It gets its air from the same snorkel outlet that feeds the factory intake. The fact that the cone filter is actually also open to the hot engine bay probably means the air going into it will be considerably hotter than the factory intake...BUT...it does sound good !

·
Registered
319 Posts
I thought this was a gag post lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a used 2018 Pacifica and would chip it in a heartbeat. What's holding me back isn't that it's a minivan; other than not being able to select my own gears, I find the Pacifica to handle and drive very nicely, even for a car guy. My issue is that I don't want to risk voiding the powertrain warranty. Also, since it's a normally aspirated engine (presumably good for reliability), you can't get the massive power increases that you can get with turbos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
try this website...
vankulture/vk-garage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
brado1
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing