2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
if not towing , which I wouldn’t recommend, I wouldn’t put wiring there
I'm not towing. It's just for a hitch bike rack. Any of the aftermarket hitch racks would prevent me from driving into my driveway. Fellow forum member dotbot gave me some measurements for the Drawtite hitch. I made a cardboard version that I taped to the underside of the bumper. That alone just barely cleared the ground when driving into the driveway. So anything attached would surely scrape. The OEM hitch is significantly higher, but even with that and the THULE bike rack I have to be careful in the driveway.

·
Super Moderator
1,962 Posts
The OEM hitch is definitely more work, but parts cost is below $400 for the essential parts (without wiring):

Receiver Kit 82214543ac 82214543AC $322.20

CHRYSLER OEM Pacifica Rear Bumper-Lower Trim Panel 68282631AD Total: $47.46
Someone on this forum spent close to $900 on the factory hitch. Curt isn't nearly as nice, but it still works. I got what I paid for.
Another funny detail- I wrote a review on etrailer.com, essentially a copy of my post here. They didn't publish it and didn't inform me of a rejection. That should explain the glowing reviews on the site.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Someone on this forum spent close to $900 on the factory hitch. Curt isn't nearly as nice, but it still works. I got what I paid for.
Another funny detail- I wrote a review on etrailer.com, essentially a copy of my post here. They didn't publish it and didn't inform me of a rejection. That should explain the glowing reviews on the site.
I hope it was $900 including installation. I'd maybe get that. It was quite a lot of work, but I finished in one day.

None of the aftermarket hitches would have worked for me, because of the steep driveway angle.

In general I have been quite happy with purchases from etrailer, but I don't recall reading many of their reviews.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the Draw-tite Class III hitch with the Hybrid specific bracket installed on my Hybrid Limited. It worked well, but the installer said he got the bolt hung up when threading it through the frame rail. Apparently one side of the frame rail has bolts sticking up, so you must thread on the other side. He did not say which side but said he put his phone camera up into the space to see how to clear the bolt. Overall I am happy with the install done at a local U-Haul. I was charged for 2 hours of labor, about $200. It took the installer 3 hours with the van on a lift. I am glad not to have attempted it myself. The foot activated handsfree for the lift gate no longer works as the sensor must be blocked. I am trying to figure out if Chrysler has a sensor relocation kit available, if anyone has information please let me know. I ordered the hitch (part number 76046) and hybrid bracket ( part number 76046-SK from sportcompactwarehouse.com. They had the best price and fast shipping.

181 - 188 of 188 Posts