2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Your reason? It has Nav, U-connect, blue tooth, hands free phone.
Not sure about the OP's reasons, but my main reason for still mounting my phone is Waze. I have gotten used to using Waze for all my navigation, and the GPS that comes with the PacHy is a poor substitute. Waze is easier to store and recall favorite destinations, significantly easier to search for new destinations, provides live traffic updates and reroutes based on current conditions and other users' input, and is *significantly* faster!

For mounting my phone, I just got a Belkin spring-loaded vent mount at Target. Works perfectly fine for my purposes. I mount it in the dash vent just to the left of the nav screen.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Not sure about the OP's reasons, but my main reason for still mounting my phone is Waze. I have gotten used to using Waze for all my navigation, and the GPS that comes with the PacHy is a poor substitute. Waze is easier to store and recall favorite destinations, significantly easier to search for new destinations, provides live traffic updates and reroutes based on current conditions and other users' input, and is *significantly* faster!

For mounting my phone, I just got a Belkin spring-loaded vent mount at Target. Works perfectly fine for my purposes. I mount it in the dash vent just to the left of the nav screen.
OK. I understand. I was just curious. I don't use Waze that often so I didn't think of it. I haven't had to use the Pacifica Hybrid Nav & traffic info yet to know how it compares to Waze. ROAD TRIP!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like the iOttie magnetic vent mount because it is so small and can easily be used with one hand to put the phone up and take it off. The bummer is that you have to have a metal plate secured to the phone. This is the only reason I have a case for my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
We are using a couple of these phone holders. The simplicity is great. They are a perfect fit to the Samsung S5 in a speck case.

https://www.amazon.com/Second-Generation-IPOW-Silicone-Samsung/dp/B01GCI7BCI/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1493855120&sr=8-34&keywords=phone+holder

Two placed on the dash (his/hers... lol), easy flexibility to remove them quickly when needed not since there is no mounting. They haven't slid around at all thus far. Pretty much ideal, short of the cord being visible. I also put some super glue on the tabs that keep the phone upright (the rear tabs sort of slid around a little prior).

The GPS on the Pacifica can be sketchy at times, and not so great with high traffic, so the holder is needed for Waze/Maps at times.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Go magnetic ( any manufacture) and you will never go back.
Thanks for the input. We decide to go magnetic/vent style

Tried Magnetic, the weak/unstable connection was very disappointing, using a simple vent mount now as pictured below and couldn't be happier, one handed mounting so just as fast as the magnetic one but far far far more secure

·
Registered
641 Posts
Tried Magnetic, the weak/unstable connection was very disappointing, using a simple vent mount now as pictured below and couldn't be happier, one handed mounting so just as fast as the magnetic one but far far far more secure

What brand is the mount and where can I buy one. Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here is one we found at Target. It's a vent mount, but does not block the vent much. It's a SCOSCHE.
I normally get a custom mount from Proclip but the only positions available were on the right side of display.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
and the GPS that comes with the PacHy is a poor substitute.
That is an understatement. I LOOVE my pacifica, best car I ever had, but having a 1995 TOMTOM navigation on it is ridiculous. Waze is cream of the crop, but even Google Maps, Apple Maps, is way better than the pacifica.

When inputing an address, have to start with state , city is ridiculous. Wheres any other GPS app: 4837 Longbow Drive , and bam a list of all streets pops up

·
Registered
159 Posts
That is an understatement. I LOOVE my pacifica, best car I ever had, but having a 1995 TOMTOM navigation on it is ridiculous. Waze is cream of the crop, but even Google Maps, Apple Maps, is way better than the pacifica.

When inputing an address, have to start with state , city is ridiculous. Wheres any other GPS app: 4837 Longbow Drive , and bam a list of all streets pops up
Yes! It is freaking ridiculous that car manufacturers still insist on installing static navigation systems that are so antiquated and whose databases are obsolete before the cars even hit the streets! And then the dealerships charge you an arm and a leg to update the nav database. Insane!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
whose databases are obsolete before the cars even hit the streets!
So, for kicks, we took a trip to another town this weekend, and I remember this thread and I said, let me use the the Nav on the pacifica, maybe it isn't so bad...

Well, it missed our destination by 2.8 miles... and I had pinpoint address entered in. and it was to a Water resort that has been at the same place, street for 10 years .... yeah so I doubt I will ever be using that again... specially since google maps has offline mode now, and I have a huge area selected.
So if waze fails, I can go back to it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't like the vent mount because... well... it blocks the vent.

On my previous car, I used at 12v adaptor mount which was nice because it had 2 USB ports and a pass through 12v socket but the 12v on the Pacifica is too low. What was good about it was it was right next to the lower part of the steering wheel so not too obvious.

I'm thinking about using the BluRay slot but that's also pretty low... may have to stick something to the panel to the left of the gear selector.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use the ProClip mount and, while it's a little bit of a reach, I've grown accustomed to its location and can access and view Waze easily.

·
Registered
565 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
18 Participants
stop-eject
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing