2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Phone mount

37K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  sadiegirls 
#1 ·
Has anybody found a good phone mount and placement that works with this van?

#3 ·
Not sure about the OP's reasons, but my main reason for still mounting my phone is Waze. I have gotten used to using Waze for all my navigation, and the GPS that comes with the PacHy is a poor substitute. Waze is easier to store and recall favorite destinations, significantly easier to search for new destinations, provides live traffic updates and reroutes based on current conditions and other users' input, and is *significantly* faster!

For mounting my phone, I just got a Belkin spring-loaded vent mount at Target. Works perfectly fine for my purposes. I mount it in the dash vent just to the left of the nav screen.

#7 ·
I like the iOttie magnetic vent mount because it is so small and can easily be used with one hand to put the phone up and take it off. The bummer is that you have to have a metal plate secured to the phone. This is the only reason I have a case for my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
We are using a couple of these phone holders. The simplicity is great. They are a perfect fit to the Samsung S5 in a speck case.

https://www.amazon.com/Second-Gener...&qid=1493855120&sr=8-34&keywords=phone+holder

Two placed on the dash (his/hers... lol), easy flexibility to remove them quickly when needed not since there is no mounting. They haven't slid around at all thus far. Pretty much ideal, short of the cord being visible. I also put some super glue on the tabs that keep the phone upright (the rear tabs sort of slid around a little prior).

The GPS on the Pacifica can be sketchy at times, and not so great with high traffic, so the holder is needed for Waze/Maps at times.

#18 ·
I don't like the vent mount because... well... it blocks the vent.

On my previous car, I used at 12v adaptor mount which was nice because it had 2 USB ports and a pass through 12v socket but the 12v on the Pacifica is too low. What was good about it was it was right next to the lower part of the steering wheel so not too obvious.

I'm thinking about using the BluRay slot but that's also pretty low... may have to stick something to the panel to the left of the gear selector.

#19 ·
I use the ProClip mount and, while it's a little bit of a reach, I've grown accustomed to its location and can access and view Waze easily.

#20 ·
#21 ·
My mount came in yesterday (same-day Prime delivery is addicting) and it sticks perfectly to the inside panel just to the left of the center console so the phone is right between my steering wheel and the shift knob.

I'm used to it being their from my old 12v mount on my Sienna SE so it's good... except the clamp is much harder to open. It's interesting how that sunction cup is able to hold on a semi smooth surface like that (note: it's not on the softer portion of that inside panel, it's on the harder lower part).

I'll take a pic if I remember.

#23 ·
I'm thinking of getting that proclip mount for my wife. I'm leaning towards the mount on the left. I'm not sure if the mount that goes by the uconnect display covers any of the display ( I wouldn't think so), but I think it would definitely interfere with the passengers view of it.
We currently use the vent magnetic mounts, but they're less than desirable, especially in the winter when there's heat flowing from the vents.

Chrysler Pacifica 2016-2018 ProClip Angled Mount - Commercial Mount*-*ProClip USA

Attachments

#25 ·
That's the same one I got from Amazon.

The one problem is the clamp is very stiff. If I had to reorder I would get the one that is more like a cradle. I still might, it's only $8.

#27 · (Edited)
I tried SEVERAL options since getting our '17 Limited in January. So far THIS is the best I have found. <- Click the red THIS for link. The mount is very sturdy, and obstructs nothing. The wide foot on it keeps the mount from migrating down without having to jam something in there to prop it up, and the part that "grabs" the fin of the vent is tightened with a winged screw which will NOT come off. The vent can be used and the left/right function still works for my wife to direct A/C away from her (or towards, or away or towards.....) as needed. The magnetic feature is great in this application, as you're not applying mechanical pressure to the somewhat fragile vent vanes that you might with a mechanical cradle mount. We're happy enough with this mount that the search is over. I got one for the Touareg also, with similar good experiences. I'll try to get a photo of my phone on there.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.