2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
9 Posts
2021 Pinnacle 1500 miles. Had the exact same problem this morning. Could not turn off/on. Finally opened driver’s door and pressed the ignition button. That allowed the car to turn off. Closed the door, pressed the ignition and everything was back to normal. Clearly a problem that multiple people are experiencing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the problem again after charging overnight. Tried getting past the problem by holding in ignition button — no good. Tried pressing ignition button 3 times — no good.

My workaround continues to be open the driver’s door, foot off the brake, press ignition button, car shuts off, close door, foot on brake, press ignition button, everything back to normal (for a few days).

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Might this be related to the remote start?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Might this be related to the remote start?
I seldom (near never) use remote start. But, I have experienced this bug a dozen times or more.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Another data point. It seems to happen more often for me if I interrupt a charge. I unplug, hop in and hit the start and it goes into this "mode" that we have all discovered. In software terms, is this an "Easter egg"? Is it some kind of "feature"? Very frustrating.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are you guys seeing any error messages on the dash? Is the CEL on for you guys?

The reason I ask is because I'm experiencing start up issues on a Pachy which I took delivery of 10 days ago. Please see my thread:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the problem again after charging overnight. Tried getting past the problem by holding in ignition button — no good. Tried pressing ignition button 3 times — no good.

My workaround continues to be open the driver’s door, foot off the brake, press ignition button, car shuts off, close door, foot on brake, press ignition button, everything back to normal (for a few days).
Just purchased a 2021 limited pacific hybrid. 3 days later would not start after being charged overnight. Started fine by the afternoon. Took it into the dealer and was told that nothing was wrong so I asked them to look again. Two error codes related to control module improper wake-up performance and SKIM key communication. Solution was to change out the pcm. Awaiting this work to be done at the moment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Multiple people having the problem and so far no one has a solution. Hope you’ve found it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check out my thread. I’m having similar if not exact same issues. Look at the codes that my car threw - some of them sound similar to what you've found.

I took the van back to the dealer over the weekend and they worked on it yesterday - they did a BPCM flash (not sure what that is - please chime in) from 05193183ad to 05193183ae (unclear to me what that is) , then depleted the battery, then left the van plugged in overnight.

The van seems to run fine now but of course I'm not fully convinced that the issue is fully resolved.

Tomorrow I'll try to replicate what I did prior to running into my issues - partially charged at a ChargePoint L2 station, unplugged, then charged again to full but leave the charger plugged in for about an hour afterwards. I'll report back if I'm getting the same error(s).

In the meantime, I've opened a buy-back ticket with Chrysler.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just purchased a 2021 limited pacific hybrid. 3 days later would not start after being charged overnight. Started fine by the afternoon. Took it into the dealer and was told that nothing was wrong so I asked them to look again. Two error codes related to control module improper wake-up performance and SKIM key communication. Solution was to change out the pcm. Awaiting this work to be done at the moment.
By the way, was your CEL on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
By the way, was your CEL on?
Honestly, I don't recall. I was in a rush to leave so didn't notice, but I don't believe it was on. It did say vehicle range in electric was 37 miles which is not possible. Not sure what that means either. Now waiting until Friday for the PCM part.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Honestly, I don't recall. I was in a rush to leave so didn't notice, but I don't believe it was on. It did say vehicle range in electric was 37 miles which is not possible. Not sure what that means either. Now waiting until Friday for the PCM part.
Okay thanks. Sounds like this can be an issue even if the CEL isn't on.

How did your dealer find the two error / DTC codes?

Again I'm having similar issues, but my vehicle was throwing 20+ DTC codes (instead of two). My vehicle also has the Invalid SKIM Key DTC error which apparently is related to the immobilizer. But it sounds like these errors can persist without the CEL being illuminated, which is very worrisome.

·
Registered
2020 Pac Hybrid Limited, Tech Pkg
243 Posts
On a side note:

It did say vehicle range in electric was 37 miles which is not possible.
Yes, 37 miles is VERY possible if one drives efficiently.

3-4 miles per kWh is considered efficient to very efficient driving in EV’s (above EPA estimates). So, the pachy with around 12 kWh available, an estimated 37 miles falls into this range. Drive slow(er), no heat, no jackrabbit starts, glide to a stop, etc. Examples of my personal bests: C-max Energi (19 miles rated)=30 miles achieved, Honda Clarity (42 miles rated)=63 miles achieved.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On a side note:

Yes, 37 miles is VERY possible if one drives efficiently.

3-4 miles per kWh is considered efficient to very efficient driving in EV’s (above EPA estimates). So, the pachy with around 12 kWh available, an estimated 37 miles falls into this range. Drive slow(er), no heat, no jackrabbit starts, glide to a stop, etc. Examples of my personal bests: C-max Energi (19 miles rated)=30 miles achieved, Honda Clarity (42 miles rated)=63 miles achieved.
thats 1.5x rated range generally. does that mean you've done >40mi in the pachy? thats impressive! I did manage 37 barely in my 2018 once in the summer no AC but i am eagerly awaiting my range this summer for the 2021...

·
Registered
2020 Pac Hybrid Limited, Tech Pkg
243 Posts
thats 1.5x rated range generally. does that mean you've done >40mi in the pachy? thats impressive! I did manage 37 barely in my 2018 once in the summer no AC but i am eagerly awaiting my range this summer for the 2021...
No, I haven’t tried in the pachy. I typically attempt these when the vehicle and battery are new. One really has to employ “hypermiling” techniques to achieve these levels of efficiency. One volt owner got over 80 miles EV by gaming the systems by doing laps around a very large parking lot at around 22 mph; obviously, not real world results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay thanks. Sounds like this can be an issue even if the CEL isn't on.

How did your dealer find the two error / DTC codes?

Again I'm having similar issues, but my vehicle was throwing 20+ DTC codes (instead of two). My vehicle also has the Invalid SKIM Key DTC error which apparently is related to the immobilizer. But it sounds like these errors can persist without the CEL being illuminated, which is very worrisome.
I was told I had two codes but looks like I have several. I just had my pcm replaced so we'll see how it goes.
Screenshot_20210409-194326_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was told I had two codes but looks like I have several. I just had my pcm replaced so we'll see how it goes.
Your codes look similar to mine. My van appears to be driving fine after the BPCM flash. We had a power outage yesterday and I also tried messing with the van at a public charger by plugging and removing the charger several times, in addition to pressing the start button repeatedly to try and trigger a DTC. But again the vehicle seems to be driving just fine... for now.

Please keep us posted on your vehicle post the pcm replacement.

Delivery of my OBDII reader is behind schedule, and it won't arrive until Monday. I'll post what I see when I have further updates.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts