2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Plans for my van

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  ChicagoVan 
#1 ·
So I started the process of buying my Pacifica limited. Pretty excited. Doing a dealer trade so hopefully that goes well. I plan to add the following to my van:

-Hardwired Blackvue dash cam. I have one in my wrangler and the quality is excellent. Got it hardwired at a tint shop out here and it works perfectly. Going to do the same to Pacifica.

-Weboost cellphone booster. I temporarily added one to the Pacifica I rented from hertz when I drove from Dallas to chicago and back and man did it come in handy for those dead zones. From no bars to four. Figured it will also work well with the in car WiFi.

-weathertech floor liners. I’m not a fan of carpet as it holds odors and is harder to clean. I always opt for weathertech liners. Really durable, well made and are very easy to clean.

What mods/accessories have you added to your vans? Any pictures or advice? Thanks!

#2 ·
I replaced the speakers. Our van (Touring L) has the base six-speaker system which was decent to start with, but the new speakers definitely took it to the next level. Your Limited will have the 20-speaker Harman Kardon system. You shouldn't need to replace your speakers. :)

I added the OEM Mopar splash guards shortly after we bought our van. This is a wise investment if you intend to keep your van for a long time. The front (p/n 82214505) and rear (p/n 82214507) guards are sold in pairs and cost around $50-$60/pr. The front guards sometimes rub certain speed bumps when going over them, but I've learned this can usually be avoided if you don't go over a speed bump perfectly straight so that the front wheels go over them one wheel at a time.

I also plan on converting all exterior bulbs to LEDs at some point.

#6 ·
Depends on the weather where you live, but if you need to leave a window cracked open to let heat vent, but may expect afternoon rain, then the side window deflectors might come in handy. WeatherTech also makes those.

Maybe a sun shield?

#7 ·
#11 ·
I didn't go too crazy with mods, but here's a quick list of stuff I bought this month (PLEASE STOP ME!!!)
upcoming (unless the wife sees the credit card bill):
  • Zeigler extended warranty (use code DPACIFICA) 8yr/100,000
  • Spare tire kit
Maybe???
gotta stop there...

#12 ·
I didn't go too crazy with mods, but here's a quick list of stuff I bought this month (PLEASE STOP ME!!!)
upcoming (unless the wife sees the credit card bill):
  • Zeigler extended warranty (use code DPACIFICA) 8yr/100,000
  • Spare tire kit
Maybe???
gotta stop there...
sounds awesome how are you liking the IR tints?

#18 ·
I have the weathertech floor liners, and am very pleased - I think you should also look at the weathertech window shades - hard to put in, but protrude very little and allow you to crack windows and not worry about rain.
They fit in the window channel - no glue.

#21 ·
So I started the process of buying my Pacifica limited. Pretty excited. Doing a dealer trade so hopefully that goes well. I plan to add the following to my van:

-Hardwired Blackvue dash cam. I have one in my wrangler and the quality is excellent. Got it hardwired at a tint shop out here and it works perfectly. Going to do the same to Pacifica.

-Weboost cellphone booster. I temporarily added one to the Pacifica I rented from hertz when I drove from Dallas to chicago and back and man did it come in handy for those dead zones. From no bars to four. Figured it will also work well with the in car WiFi.

-weathertech floor liners. I’m not a fan of carpet as it holds odors and is harder to clean. I always opt for weathertech liners. Really durable, well made and are very easy to clean.

What mods/accessories have you added to your vans? Any pictures or advice? Thanks!
Hi,
My wife and I purchased a new 2018 Pacifica about a year ago. One thing I would do when you have decided the dollar amount if fair, is ask the dealer to throw in the splash guards to seal the deal. It's worked on the last three vehicles I have purchased.

On a more costly note... Our van has been in the shop now for going on 8 weeks (yes, 8 weeks...) The nav/stereo system has gone out. Apparently, it is a software problem that makes it want to repeatedly shut down then power back up. This has also caused damage to the battery (most likely both). I was told the parts are hung up in Mexico. Normally, I am not a fan of extended warranties... however, I would consider it. I can't imagine what this would have cost, including a rental van for going on two months. This sounds like it is an issue with all vehicles with the same system. My Jeep has the same system. With all of the electronics, it will be expensive.

Overall, the new Pacifica is a huge improvement over the older Town & Country and we like it.

Enjoy,
Paradise.

#22 ·
As the tires on my 2017 Limited were almost ready to be replaced, I put on a set of 20" rims in Helcat design and tires. Looks real sharp and they are chrome to match the flashy looks of the red velvet pearlcoat.

#24 ·
Thanks for asking! I did get the van, finally lol. It was nuts. The other dealer didn’t want to do the trade and they snubbed my dealer. Then out of nowhere they called asking for a car and my salesman said we aren’t doing business with you until you give us the van we want and finally they did.

Anyway I have it now and love it!! I’ll take some pics today and update you guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.