2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently purchased a 2017 Pacifica and we are trying to attach our iPhones to the rear screens. I have the lightening to hdmi adapter and the hdmi cord. When I turn the screen on it tells me to select source. We select the hdmi source for the screen we are at but it just continues to tell us to select source. We have been able to get the fire stick to work and can go that way but that would make the kids watching the same thing vs their own movie. Any suggestions. Not sure if I am missing a step.

·
Registered
52 Posts
From what I understand iPhone doesn't allow that to be displayed but other cellphones might.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
88 Posts
Have you tried the same setup on your TV? I have not done this in a long time (iPhone 4s) but I believe you need to turn on screen mirroring or air play on the iPhone first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I heard you have to place your iPhone into mirror screen mode to get the HDMI signal to work. Did you give that a short after setting uconnect source to HDMI?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried the same setup on your TV? I have not done this in a long time (iPhone 4s) but I believe you need to turn on screen mirroring or air play on the iPhone first.
I did try screen mirroring and my phone just kept thinking it didn’t do anything.

·
Registered
407 Posts
at least when I helped a friend set up her iPad on the rear screens the lightning to hdmi adapter needed to be powered; a simple cable connection didn't do the trick. before I figured out that the second slot in the adapter needed to be connected to the USB port in the setback, I was just getting the same message about needing to select a source despite the hdmi connector connecting the iPad with the screen.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is your lighting to hdmi adapter an official apple product or is it a 3rd party?
+1 to what Jeremy M said, if it doesn’t work on another tv/monitor, then the adapter is most likely the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts